Las Vegas Exhibition Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    This last exhibition game went exactly as expected. Spain dominated for a stretch of the game, then started doing what exhibition games are for: trying offensive and defensive plays, and moving the bench. Scariolo gave minutes to 13 players, even to those three who will not go to Tokio, and no one played much more than 20 minutes.

On the other hand, the americans really needed the moral boost of a win, and went all out on the third and early fourth quarter. Their rotation was playoff-tight, with 8 players logging most of the minutes; and their stars playing 30+. I was surprised McGee didn't even get garbage minutes. He's going to debut against France without taking part in a single game before.
    Muricans are simply desperate at this point...
    Spain pretty much controlled the game when their starters were playing and looked much more solid in half-court setting (which is only logical I guess). I will consider it an upset if this US team even reaches the Olympic final imo

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
      Muricans are simply desperate at this point...
      Spain pretty much controlled the game when their starters were playing and looked much more solid in half-court setting (which is only logical I guess). I will consider it an upset if this US team even reaches the Olympic final imo
      I wouldn't say as much. USA is still the gold medal favourite. I mean, you put on the floor a team with Lillard, Durant, and three random HS kids and they still have a chance against anyone. It's simply this year they cannot cruise all the way up to their matchup with Spain, they will need heroics almost every game just to eke out a win. But they can provide those heroics and then some. They just have to care, like in this exhibition game.

Comment

Usa played 8 men (Mcgee+3 players in nba finals was out).

Green+Adebayo experiment together was looking really good defensively.

K.Johnson is real suprise for this usa team i like his energy all over the place more than some J.Tatum missing every shot.

Spain is veteran smart team that knows well how to slow down game and do not let opponnent get in any rhythm.

Usa is improving,but its ridiculous to think that only 8 players was preparing together who goes to Tokyo.

4 players 33% of team is just joining them in Tokyo i dont think any team can do this shit and think it will work and there will be no problems with chemistry.

Lack of preparation can bite americans in ass in playoofs game versus real contender.

Comment

Pace setter is wahf this us team needs.. they can do pace setting in defensive end also leading to fast breaks yup..more attempts more chance to get co fident or get hot after a cold spell..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information