Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Is Tautuaa as dominant as JF inside? No. At JFs peak he was unstoppable inside. Not even Greg or Japeth could stop him. Again would JF be as dominant inside with a lighter weight? Probably not. He was pushed a bit by NZ guys. Would he be a better perimeter defender? Yes, he defended the perimeter the best he ever did that OQT. Would SMB won 5 AFCs with a lighter weight? Probably not. He could be pushed around in the paint. His improved perimeter would not be necessary because his teammates amd referee calls make up for it anyway.

People say untruths if they have to. But results dont lie. SMB won with a heavy JF. Look at how they are struggling with a lighter JF now. But they have no choice because they know going back to his previous playing weight will break his shin. June Mar has showned he could play well at a lighter weight. But Kots Leo hasnt yet he can win with a lighter JF. He is forced to now. Congrats to him and the team they are still winning though not as dominant. But this would be Leos biggest achievement if he does win it IMO. Because without he did it with a less dominant JF.
    Yes, but Leo Austria has a CJ Perez at his disposal now(something he didn't have in the previous seasons). And we all know the kind of impact Perez brings to a team. Perez for me is the best natural shooting guard in the PBA at present.

While its a less dominant Junmar Fajardo that Leo Austria has right now, he has the benefit of having the best shooting guard in the league at present. I think without Perez, SMB win-loss record would be much less impressive in the ongoing conference.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    That’s just semantics. Chosen would have been more apt than hunted, with regards to what I meant. It doesn’t make sense to construe pick as screened in this case as it was Taha that was screened/picked to momentarily free up Cabagnot and force the switch.

The point is that Onwubere came in with a huge target in his back. He was “cold” and he’s challenged laterally. It’s an old coaching trick similar in principle to “freezing” the free throw shooter.

Only few people wouldn’t find that decision by Coach Pido head scratching. Those who do most likely didn’t find anything wrong either, with that previous Onwubere for Slaughter inbound play brouhaha.
    Again the Slaughter didnt prevent the past in the paint with ROS the issue in that game was ROS needed a 3pt.

That’s just semantics. Chosen would have been more apt than hunted, with regards to what I meant. It doesn’t make sense to construe pick as screened in this case as it was Taha that was screened/picked to momentarily free up Cabagnot and force the switch.

The point is that Onwubere came in with a huge target in his back. He was “cold” and he’s challenged laterally. It’s an old coaching trick similar in principle to “freezing” the free throw shooter.

Only few people wouldn’t find that decision by Coach Pido head scratching. Those who do most likely didn’t find anything wrong either, with that previous Onwubere for Slaughter inbound play brouhaha.
    The naive me would like to believe that it wa just really a good play. However it's really tough to trust superfriend Pido when it's becoming a pattern..

Good outcome for them though. Didn't get blown out and somehow gave the public something to talk about. But Bolick is probably pissed..

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Again the Slaughter didnt prevent the past in the paint with ROS the issue in that game was ROS needed a 3pt.
    You can continue to grasp at straws trying to justify Coach Pido’s decisions, but from a RATIONALE coaching standpoint, those were highly questionable calls for his part. Apologetic Coach Pido at the end of the game was a giveaway.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    The naive me would like to believe that it wa just really a good play. However it's really tough to trust superfriend Pido when it's becoming a pattern..

Good outcome for them though. Didn't get blown out and somehow gave the public something to talk about. But Bolick is probably pissed..
    Bolick was pissed. I mean, who wouldn’t be? There wasn’t any more timeout left just in case the ball goes back to them. And Bolick being one of the best options, if not the best option, to create some separation from the defender and create his own shot for a buzzer beating try, with some range to boot, gets taken out for Sidney fucking Onwubere? Lol I mean, really?

You can continue to grasp at straws trying to justify Coach Pido’s decisions, but from a RATIONALE coaching standpoint, those were highly questionable calls for his part. Apologetic Coach Pido at the end of the game was a giveaway.
    Well i am not a conspiracy theories who love to grasp of straw just to make my narrative. The truth still holds that GS didn't prevent any inside the paint passes.
    No one can say if any NP players could have stop Cabagnot move and game winner.

Another thing, you could see Ferrer over play the baseline to prevent any inside passes. As SMB was also preparing Lassiter and JF two man play . Unfortunately, SMB had a counter play with Cabagnot and Santos on top.

Well i am not a conspiracy theories who love to grasp of straw just to make my narrative. The truth still holds that GS didn't prevent any inside the paint passes.

Another thing, you could see Ferrer over play the baseline to prevent any inside passes. As SMB was also preparing Lassiter and JF two man play . Unfortunately, SMB had a counter play with Cabagnot and Santos on top.
    To hell with conspiracy. From a pure coaching standpoint, those decisions were questionable to say the very least. But it is his call to make and so be it. If those were your idea of good coaching then I got no problem with that. Just don’t drag me into it. To each his own.

While it's pretty clear from the last dozen of your post you don't believe on anything unless it's outright spoon-fed to you ie: Pido's substitution and JMF playing weight. Have a watch and see WHY the pass got inside vs RoS with Greg defending the inbounds play.

Without Greg vs Magnolia

With Greg vs RoS

Have you ever realized on your defense that the score is 88 - 91 on that RoS game. Do you see RoS' player's position at all? Now why the hell would Greg focus on interrupting a pass to the inside for 2 points when RoS needed a 3 to tie the game?

Vs. Magnolia it's a 1 point game with 2 seconds left and the pass from the inbounds got right inside below the basket with only 1 player from Magnolia out in the 3 point line...

You are correct. Slaughter didn't prevent a pass in the paint against RoS. But the fact of the matter is, the game plan wasn't to let them score 2 points in the paint, it was to prevent RoS to make a THREE point shot and tie the game.

Bolick was pissed. I mean, who wouldn’t be? There wasn’t any more timeout left just in case the ball goes back to them. And Bolick being one of the best options, if not the best option, to create some separation from the defender and create his own shot for a buzzer beating try, with some range to boot, gets taken out for Sidney fucking Onwubere? Lol I mean, really?
    Exactly! And Bolick is no slouch on defense.

Furthermore, come crunch time, SMB normally goes with their guards for the last shot so why would you put in a big in exchange for the laterally quicker Bolick?

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Exactly! And Bolick is no slouch on defense.

Furthermore, come crunch time, SMB normally goes with their guards for the last shot so why would you put in a big in exchange for the laterally quicker Bolick?
    I dont understand if you don't know the meaning switch on every screen. Bolick will be switch off regardless. Unless you want Bolick to guard Arwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    You are correct. Slaughter didn't prevent a pass in the paint against RoS. But the fact of the matter is, the game plan wasn't to let them score 2 points in the paint, it was to prevent RoS to make a THREE point shot and tie the game.
    But that wasn't the case in Magnolia game. When everyone was complaining about the sub of GS to Onwubere.

While it's pretty clear from the last dozen of your post you don't believe on anything unless it's outright spoon-fed to you ie: Pido's substitution and JMF playing weight. Have a watch and see WHY the pass got inside vs RoS with Greg defending the inbounds play.

Without Greg vs Magnolia
    See Both times they over play the play on top because they more concern of guard plays. Can you see Paul lee was in the paint so he will switch defenders with Calvin. NP overplay the Lee on top. Even Onwubere was guarding the pass on top. But Magnolia has a alternative play to go to Calvin on paint.
    Similarly with ROS , Greg was preventing the top of the key play, thats why ROS went inside because their play was broken. But both players never prevented the inside pass

In San Miguel game. NP reverses and protected the baseline because SMB does the 2 man play with JF and Lassiter. SMB reacted by passing the ball on top after AS screen.

Thats how good the final plays of SMB and Magnolia they have counters and players have the guts to take shots

If this was given to SMC why wait till the last play. Is Bolick shot also scripted?

I dont understand if you don't know the meaning switch on every screen. Bolick will be switch off regardless. Unless you want Bolick to guard Arwind.
    Ok coach, thanks for the tutorial on switching.

But that wasn't the case in Magnolia game. When everyone was complaining about the sub of GS to Onwubere.
    Sub from GS to Onwubere made no sense because it made the inbounder's life easy to get the ball out vs Greg Slaughter defending the inbounds play. Pretty simple logic.

But both players never prevented the inside pass
    False. You got three bodies inside the three point arc and Malonzo to intercept a pass to the inside. Had Greg been there, plays like that would have been harder to execute. The tactic is almost always to put a big guy defending the inbounds play at the end of games.

PS

Taha could've been the one subbed out. He was the one guarding Arwind and he's roughly the same height as Bolick. Onwubere ended up defending Cabagnot which was a mismatch.

If this was given to SMC why wait till the last play. Is Bolick shot also scripted?
    Pretty standard reply from SMC/MVP stans all over FB, and here I thought you'd know better than that. I bet you also never believe on "Sagip Kapamilya" controversies. The players want to win obviously we can all see that. The management on the other hand... No offense but it's people like you are why the PBA got to this way. You should open your eyes sometimes.

Pretty standard reply from SMC/MVP stans all over FB, and here I thought you'd know better than that. I bet you also never believe on "Sagip Kapamilya" controversies. The players want to win obviously we can all see that. The management on the other hand... No offense but it's people like you are why the PBA got to this way. You should open your eyes sometimes.
    You accusing me of a lot of things. Why not put your theory to the test. Logical and evidence-based.

1. I hate PBA for not supporting our Gilas. Pretending it wants a balanced league and making rules detrimental to players' lives. But I also don't spend 100 Million a year to keep a team. Not liking PBA on some terms doesn't give us the right to state lies or inaccuracy.

2. Are you saying the game was fixed from the very start or only the last plays? How will that work? I observed that some people love to accuse others but don't put the time to think or use their minds in how does their theory works in real life. It is simple to accused but if you are really a thinker can you prove it with what we saw in the game. Let's start with the last game of NP vs SMB.

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast