Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1257

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

  1. #701
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Speaking of Alaska. They might be getting 2 out of top 5 picks in the upcoming draft. I guess they should just get rid of some of their fil foreign players for them to accomodate the incomimg rookies.
    Brickman to replace jvee, Baltazar with Danny I.

  2. #702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    I really don’t get why after the fiba Asia got cancelled, the gilas players did not play for their PBA clubs. They are just sitting down now doing nothing

  3. #703
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,020
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Why tf does Bolick keep on shooting those very long range 3s? Does he think he's Lillard? PBA site shows that he's only a 26% 3PT shooter. FFS.
    To be relatively fair though. The PBA website isn't as updated as what we thought it would be. And Bolick has been hitting those crazy shots during their team scrimmages based on some posts. But him doing it over and over again makes me sick as well.

  4. #704
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,242
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    To be relatively fair though. The PBA website isn't as updated as what we thought it would be. And Bolick has been hitting those crazy shots during their team scrimmages based on some posts. But him doing it over and over again makes me sick as well.
    Site's updated rn. Prior to the game today, he was averaging 2 made 3s out of 7.6 attempts. Even if he made 10 straight three pointers, he'd still be below 35%. But yeah it's sickening. If I were his teammates, I'd lose the will to defend and get rebounds if he'd only jack up quarter court 3 lol

  5. #705
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,242
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, and I’m a big Bolick fan. I think those shots should be a desperation try variety and not something you do regularly.
    Same here. Big fan of Bolick. But if I were the opponent, I'd feel disrespected. Lol

  6. #706
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,242
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    If Ginebra misses the playoffs, they'll get a draft pick as high as 2, especially if there's no second conference.

    And if there's a Gilas draft, well, they get that as well.

    I want Ginebra to build through the draft, yes, but I'd like it if it weren't at the expense of Gilas, whether long-term or short-term (which is part of the reason why I want Ginebra to let their guys play for Gilas).
    *Disclaimer: I'm not a Gin fan*

    OMG this would be horrible. On the brightside, at least the best prospects are heading overseas. Haha

  7. #707
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    I really don’t get why after the fiba Asia got cancelled, the gilas players did not play for their PBA clubs. They are just sitting down now doing nothing
    Nah.. That is much better than playing in the PBA then they will not allow after that to play again in Gilas.. They tried it before then what happened? Coach Tab wants 100% full committed to Gilas...

  8. #708
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Idk about being the worst defensively. Been keenly watching NLEX games since the departure of Kiefer (missed but one game since) and Coach Yeng always put Oftana on the primary offensive threat from the wing/guard (Wright, Mikey Williams, Bolick) even if he is paired with either Trollano or Semerad. NLEX actually has a phlethora of defensive wings and you can add Ighalo to the list. Against Northport, Bolick was scorching hot at one point and burned every defender he faced from Cruz to Trollano. Coach Yeng fielded in Oftana to hound him and Bolick did simmer down.

    Trollano and Semerad might be the more physical defenders, but the quickness and agility department belongs to Oftana. He can go around screens and recover faster better than the two.
    NLEX should focus more defensively.. Of the 3 MVP teams, they are more balanced team than TNT and Meralco but they not focusing on defensive strategy too much... They have the length and height plus versatility to bother the opponents but seems they lacked of it...

  9. #709
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    How About the rumors of Cstand to B-League? How is it true? Will a Japanese team will gamble on Cstand being a world import? Cstand is not eligible as Asian import by the way in B-League...

  10. #710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    How About the rumors of Cstand to B-League? How is it true? Will a Japanese team will gamble on Cstand being a world import? Cstand is not eligible as Asian import by the way in B-League...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Cstan is a gift that keeps on giving, better ship him to Magnolia for Reavis+Sangalang, maybe he fits there, haha, from being the most coveted fil foreign player in 2017 which almost led to the league being split into two, to a chemistry killer for SMB (atleast he won 2 titles and a BPC), Northport and now BGSM, he's just a bad fit for the evil empire who loves hoarding bigs
    Ducks fly together!

  11. #711
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    198
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Idk about being the worst defensively. Been keenly watching NLEX games since the departure of Kiefer (missed but one game since) and Coach Yeng always put Oftana on the primary offensive threat from the wing/guard (Wright, Mikey Williams, Bolick) even if he is paired with either Trollano or Semerad. NLEX actually has a phlethora of defensive wings and you can add Ighalo to the list. Against Northport, Bolick was scorching hot at one point and burned every defender he faced from Cruz to Trollano. Coach Yeng fielded in Oftana to hound him and Bolick did simmer down.

    Trollano and Semerad might be the more physical defenders, but the quickness and agility department belongs to Oftana. He can go around screens and recover faster better than the two.
    I havent watched their games lately but I know Trollano and Semerad are pretty good wing defenders. I looked at the box score and saw that Oftana aside from all those 3s and a couple of blocks did not have many rebounds and a pretty bad plus minus. How can he score so much with a bad plus minus. Was his defense bad? So I assumed he played 4. And I remember Yeng originally wanted him at 4.

    Trollano is a actually a good model for a wing. Play good defense, rebound, shoot when open. Oftana has a lot of potential. Hopefully he plays more and NLEX gets more wins

  12. #712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Cstan is a gift that keeps on giving, better ship him to Magnolia for Reavis+Sangalang, maybe he fits there, haha, from being the most coveted fil foreign player in 2017 which almost led to the league being split into two, to a chemistry killer for SMB (atleast he won 2 titles and a BPC), Northport and now BGSM, he's just a bad fit for the evil empire who loves hoarding bigs
    Lesson Learned for Long Hair.. Not all he wants, He will get results.. sometimes backfire.. Too much hoarding of players is not good sometimes.. Cstand is better fit in independent teams.. Cstand wants to be an alpha dog in a team.. He doesn't want to be a role player type of guy.. And he deserves to be a franchise player.. He already proved it with Northport.. If i were Chot Reyes, I will ship Erram + another useful player (or Parks rights) for Cstand (maybe plus a useful play from Ginebra to seal the deal).. Chot will bring the best of Cstand.. He knows how to use talent like him.. If not for Chot, He will be not been introduce in the PHL.. He recruit Cstand here to play for Gilas even as a naturalized player.. But as a basketball fan of whole and also want to be fair, I want Cstand to go either Alaska, ROS or Phoenix...

  13. #713
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,503
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    I havent watched their games lately but I know Trollano and Semerad are pretty good wing defenders. I looked at the box score and saw that Oftana aside from all those 3s and a couple of blocks did not have many rebounds and a pretty bad plus minus. How can he score so much with a bad plus minus. Was his defense bad? So I assumed he played 4. And I remember Yeng originally wanted him at 4.

    Trollano is a actually a good model for a wing. Play good defense, rebound, shoot when open. Oftana has a lot of potential. Hopefully he plays more and NLEX gets more wins
    That’s not how plus minus works, bro. Technically, individual defense doesn’t reflect on one’s plus minus. It will, though, on one’s efficiency rating, if he’s racking up stats like rebounds, steals and blocks. Oftana simply was part of the units on the floor that were outscored by the opponent—which is a lot as NLEX was trailing basically the whole game.

    Oftana spending more time at the perimeter rather than the paint would mean less rebounding opportunities. But I think he’s capable of norming around 4 or 5 of those per game on a per 36 mpg basis. His two blocks came against Hodge and Almazan as a weakside help iirc, so it’s a good thing he has potential as a rim protector from the weak spot. The one player I notice who has the same skillset (even better than Oftana) is fellow rookie Malonzo. He really enjoys swatting shots, making full use of his advantage in length and athleticism.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  14. #714
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    It's a high time for some Gilas pool players to join PBA draft.. w/ BWE taking the 1st pick and Alaska getting the 2nd pick.. Much better if teams like Alaska will get that top picks rather than Terrafirma and Northport.. We will sure that Alaska will keep that pick and build a team thru this player.. Alaska is a good franchise thou...

  15. #715
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,589
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Cstan is a gift that keeps on giving, better ship him to Magnolia for Reavis+Sangalang, maybe he fits there, haha, from being the most coveted fil foreign player in 2017 which almost led to the league being split into two, to a chemistry killer for SMB (atleast he won 2 titles and a BPC), Northport and now BGSM, he's just a bad fit for the evil empire who loves hoarding bigs
    Maybe CStan is like the Arc of the Covenant that at the hands of the Israelites, it was a blessing, but whenever it fell on the hands of Israel's enemies, it had become a curse.

    Ever since CStan has fallen on the hands of SMC, he has become more of a curse than a blessing. Well, SMC is not called Evil Empire for nothing.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  16. #716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,589
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    It's a high time for some Gilas pool players to join PBA draft.. w/ BWE taking the 1st pick and Alaska getting the 2nd pick.. Much better if teams like Alaska will get that top picks rather than Terrafirma and Northport.. We will sure that Alaska will keep that pick and build a team thru this player.. Alaska is a good franchise thou...
    Agree. Maybe Dweet Ramos & Baltazar or Thirdy should apply for the PBA draft next year.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  17. #717
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,589
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Lesson Learned for Long Hair.. Not all he wants, He will get results.. sometimes backfire.. Too much hoarding of players is not good sometimes.. Cstand is better fit in independent teams.. Cstand wants to be an alpha dog in a team.. He doesn't want to be a role player type of guy.. And he deserves to be a franchise player.. He already proved it with Northport.. If i were Chot Reyes, I will ship Erram + another useful player (or Parks rights) for Cstand (maybe plus a useful play from Ginebra to seal the deal).. Chot will bring the best of Cstand.. He knows how to use talent like him.. If not for Chot, He will be not been introduce in the PHL.. He recruit Cstand here to play for Gilas even as a naturalized player.. But as a basketball fan of whole and also want to be fair, I want Cstand to go either Alaska, ROS or Phoenix...
    When having too much talent becomes more of a curse than a blessing. I say, karma for Long Hair & his cohorts.

    Ang subrang kasibaan nakakamatay rin.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  18. #718
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,364
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Lesson Learned for Long Hair.. Not all he wants, He will get results.. sometimes backfire.. Too much hoarding of players is not good sometimes.. Cstand is better fit in independent teams.. Cstand wants to be an alpha dog in a team.. He doesn't want to be a role player type of guy.. And he deserves to be a franchise player.. He already proved it with Northport.. If i were Chot Reyes, I will ship Erram + another useful player (or Parks rights) for Cstand (maybe plus a useful play from Ginebra to seal the deal).. Chot will bring the best of Cstand.. He knows how to use talent like him.. If not for Chot, He will be not been introduce in the PHL.. He recruit Cstand here to play for Gilas even as a naturalized player.. But as a basketball fan of whole and also want to be fair, I want Cstand to go either Alaska, ROS or Phoenix...
    CStand will need a good interior defender next to him. For all his good work on offense, he's a bit of a liability on defense.

  19. #719
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Maybe CStan is like the Arc of the Covenant that at the hands of the Israelites, it was a blessing, but whenever it fell on the hands of Israel's enemies, it had become a curse.

    Ever since CStan has fallen on the hands of SMC, he has become more of a curse than a blessing. Well, SMC is not called Evil Empire for nothing.
    That's Long Hair fault.. Not CTC, Not Cstand, Not any Ginebra players.. Why fixed if it's not broken? Cstand doing good numbers but with his entry lessen the playing time of Tolentino and Caperal.. Long Hair is former coach, Right? He should know that.. Although I think CTC needs a year before Cstand will fit into his system... 11 elimination games is not enough to build chemistry overnight.. NBA teams (especially superteams) need 40-50 games before building chemistry and camaraderie especially a loaded team.. Examples are Miami Heat (Lebron's big 3 era) and GSW (KD joined forces with Curry and co.).. They struggling in the 1st half of regular season, But when the regular season hits penultimate season, They peaked at the right time.. That's the beauty of having more regular season elimination games...

  20. #720
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,097
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Agree. Maybe Dweet Ramos & Baltazar or Thirdy should apply for the PBA draft next year.
    Wag muna sila.. Maybe Javi, Carino or even 1GDL first.. Medyo need muna sa Gilas sila Ramos and Thirdy.. If Gilas draft will still held next year, Then maybe they can join also.. I have complete trust on Alaska to keep their draft picks.. Having 2 1st round picks on their pocket will be the key for Alaska to reclaim their status in the PBA.. Actually Alaska are now deep in all positions (Although they need to have Casio's replacement) but they don't have a go to guy who can elevate their franchise into the next level.. Praying that Kume Marcial will allowed those Fil-Ams to join, especially McKinney and Statham.. These two are franchise player materials.. PBA needs Alaska to get back to their status as elite team.. PBA needs real independent teams to have some parity in the league...

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •