2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
    Superb shooting by TnT, and their defense was disciplined despite being required to hustle double time with all those helping, recovering and rotating. It takes a high level of physical conditioning to sustain such a pace in a 48 minute game. Notice the rotate fast, fresh legs all the time approach of Coach Chot in his substitution pattern. These guys are killing it in the gym.
    Well, ayun. TNT shot well (12-26 from 3, 46%), but it also doesn't hurt that they have been a good defensive team in the entire conference, arguably the best. And, yeah, for the players to hold up, they have to be rotated. Ayun nga. For you to keep that intensity in the playoffs, you need to be fresh.

Comment

• Chot has experimented with his 3-big rotation this conference, a. When Kelly's on the floor, he's the 5. Whether it's Troy or Erram, Kelly's partner guards the 4. TNT has 3 bigs who are 6'6" and above who can play both big positions.

Man, if Erram had the opportunity to play 4 earlier in Gilas...

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Well, ayun. TNT shot well (12-26 from 3, 46%), but it also doesn't hurt that they have been a good defensive team in the entire conference, arguably the best. And, yeah, for the players to hold up, they have to be rotated. Ayun nga. For you to keep that intensity in the playoffs, you need to be fresh.
        I expect Magnolia to offer more resistance than SMB. Magnolia thrives in a grit and grind approach despite having the personnel to run. I think a running game would favor TnT more and a deliberate, half court set battle would favor Magnolia. I expect single coverage for Sangalang, and he better deliver against Williams, Erram and Troy. I don’t see that many 3s converted by Magnolia as the TnT guards and wings (who are decent defenders to begin with) can afford to stick to their man.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

I expect Magnolia to offer more resistance than SMB. Magnolia thrives in a grit and grind approach despite having the personnel to run. I think a running game would favor TnT more and a deliberate, half court set battle would favor Magnolia. I expect single coverage for Sangalang, and he better deliver against Williams, Erram and Troy. I don’t see that many 3s converted by Magnolia as the TnT guards and wings (who are decent defenders to begin with) can afford to stick to their man.
          They're kinda similar teams. Both rely on their defense to win games. They shut down lanes and rotate to shooters (although I might give the closeouts edge to TNT).

The only difference is that Mags have a post option in Sangalang.

Comment

They're kinda similar teams. Both rely on their defense to win games. They shut down lanes and rotate to shooters (although I might give the closeouts edge to TNT).

I made a similar observation. The defense of these teams is great and sometimes that's enough already to win the game. I bet they train that alot.
            That's why I've choosen a betting operator for Australian players from https://wetten.com/au/ in order to bet on Magnolia.

Comment

Sangalang's mettle would be tested against Kelly Williams.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Teco View Post
                I made a similar observation. The defense of these teams is great and sometimes that's enough already to win the game. I bet they train that alot.
                Welcome to IBN, man.

Yeah, sometimes defense is enough. I just hope that becomes a trademark of most PBA teams. Forcing bad shots and turnovers, not just waiting for a miss. Good thing that these teams, along with MERALCO, provide nice defense.

Comment

I do not know why but i like TNT's chances against Mags. But it is going to be close all throughout since both of the teams bread and butter is defense. i guess this might be TNT in 6 or 7 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                    I see smb will get an import that is super role player ala Blakely or freeman.. they don't need scoring import because they have Perez and Romeo to do that...
                    Yeah, I hope so. A 3-and-D guy that would occasionally score 15 or more points but would do more damage in the rebounding (15 or more), steals (3), and blocks (3) department. That guy would be assigned to shutdown, or at least limit the likes of Brownlee and his other wing counterparts. Former SMB import Nate Johnson (6'5" but hyper athletic) comes to mind.

Comment

• Personnel-wise, I think the 2 teams are just even. But if Kelly Williams can limit Ian Sangalang's inside scoring or make him a non-factor in some of the games (I see that Ian will be his assignment all series long, Abueva will probably be Khobuntin's, perhaps Troy's), then i think it's gonna be TNT in 6 games.

Comment

For me that Gabe Freeman.. I remember that smb still get him even the height limit was 6'10 or above because he's damn workhorse inside and can defend multiple positions from 1 to 5 spot..
                        Yeah, had 2 stints with SMB, was kind of ball-dominant (scored a lot) iirc, but at least he never stopped hustling for loose possessions. Quite a high-motor guy.

Comment

The problem is after Kelly, they have erram and Troy to match up him.. even Marcelo.. coach chito should tell him to preserve all of his effort until 4th.. reavis and corpuz are not offensive threats.. I see coach chito will use abueva more at 4 spot to help sanggalang down low.. even they need the likes of Aries dionisio... I see every game will be a close one.. I think their losses could be atleast 5 or below every game... No lopsided victories just like smb vs tnt series...
                          Yeah, it would be a must-see series. I also see that it would be tightly-contested, especially on the defensive end. Abueva better come up with an above-average, all-around performance every game, paired with Corpuz's and Dionisio's usual under-the-radar but effective performances to negate TNT's offensive bigs and increase Magnolia's chances.

Comment

• I see TnT winning this series. Magnolia not having a legit stretch big (aside from Dela Rosa) would be exposed in this series. TnT knows how to pack the paint having been pitted against Junemar and Mo 7games long. The one thing TnT should work on is their defensive rebounding. These Magnolia guys are scrappy and relentless. If TnT wins the battle of the boards, Magnolia has a problem.

One thing going about TnT is that the players seem to be all in and are on the same page. They were so methodical last game 7, but what stood out more was that they were working for every possession and fighting for every loose ball. Coach Chot really is a good motivator. They would definitely need added motivation facing the likes of naturally high motor players like Abueva, Jalalon, Corpuz, Dela Rosa, Sangalang and Barroca. I really expect to see a lot of scrambling for the ball and bodies piling up in this Finals matchup.
                            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• In the end its the Ginebra duo who is more prolific than Junmar/Mo combo (yeah I consider theJunmar slow start) the difference is smb has romeo cj ross lassiter cabaggie and bagyo Ginebra has tenoriopringle and thompson thats really a big gap in man power knowing how inconsistent aljon and Caperal is..
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I see TnT winning this series. Magnolia not having a legit stretch big (aside from Dela Rosa) would be exposed in this series. TnT knows how to pack the paint having been pitted against Junemar and Mo 7games long. The one thing TnT should work on is their defensive rebounding. These Magnolia guys are scrappy and relentless. If TnT wins the battle of the boards, Magnolia has a problem.

One thing going about TnT is that the players seem to be all in and are on the same page. They were so methodical last game 7, but what stood out more was that they were working for every possession and fighting for every loose ball. Coach Chot really is a good motivator. They would definitely need added motivation facing the likes of naturally high motor players like Abueva, Jalalon, Corpuz, Dela Rosa, Sangalang and Barroca. I really expect to see a lot of scrambling for the ball and bodies piling up in this Finals matchup.
                                That's a pretty good observation. Lee is probably their best and only qualified shooter (unless I'm forgetting someone)They really should have get on with the times and added modern BB type players. Rome was a natural wingman in college now he's playing both forward spots and to be honest still not convinced he can sustain that kind of shooting.. all those guys you mention aren't exactly great at stretching the floor. Heck we used to joke the game is over whenever Abueva decides start hoisting up 3s.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information