Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1257

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    System-wise, TNT is good. I also think Chot's system on both ends can be used for PBA and FIBA. Even though it's 'bara-bara,' they move the ball well and move well without the ball. Defensively, they shut down lanes and close out to shooters.

Seems that Chot learned from his mistakes and decided to adapt.
    Chit wouldnt win championships with different teams if he cant adapt.. dave marcelo is no ali peek thats the difference of that domint tnt team than it was today imo..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

SMB struggled to get a shot off this half. Man, TNT look driven on defense.

Mikey Williams on bwakaw mode this 3rd.

This is a defensive game, which really favors TNT. Credit to them for controlling the game.

With Mo injured, Marcio and Arwind struggling, TNT has no excuse not to win this game.

SMB opting to not have a longer rotation and fatigue setting in now, puro injuries. Coach Austria should be fired.

Finally SMB is dethroned.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    With Mo injured, Marcio and Arwind struggling, TNT has no excuse not to win this game.
    Yes. In this series it was clear June Mar alone could not win it for SMB. Maybe before it was enough but not now. Mo was the key factor in their last two wins. With him down June Mar could not do it alone.

Superb shooting by TnT, and their defense was disciplined despite being required to hustle double time with all those helping, recovering and rotating. It takes a high level of physical conditioning to sustain such a pace in a 48 minute game. Notice the rotate fast, fresh legs all the time approach of Coach Chot in his substitution pattern. These guys are killing it in the gym.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Superb shooting by TnT, and their defense was disciplined despite being required to hustle double time with all those helping, recovering and rotating. It takes a high level of physical conditioning to sustain such a pace in a 48 minute game. Notice the rotate fast, fresh legs all the time approach of Coach Chot in his substitution pattern. These guys are killing it in the gym.
    Well, ayun. TNT shot well (12-26 from 3, 46%), but it also doesn't hurt that they have been a good defensive team in the entire conference, arguably the best. And, yeah, for the players to hold up, they have to be rotated. Ayun nga. For you to keep that intensity in the playoffs, you need to be fresh.

Chot has experimented with his 3-big rotation this conference, a. When Kelly's on the floor, he's the 5. Whether it's Troy or Erram, Kelly's partner guards the 4. TNT has 3 bigs who are 6'6" and above who can play both big positions.

Man, if Erram had the opportunity to play 4 earlier in Gilas...

Well, ayun. TNT shot well (12-26 from 3, 46%), but it also doesn't hurt that they have been a good defensive team in the entire conference, arguably the best. And, yeah, for the players to hold up, they have to be rotated. Ayun nga. For you to keep that intensity in the playoffs, you need to be fresh.
    I expect Magnolia to offer more resistance than SMB. Magnolia thrives in a grit and grind approach despite having the personnel to run. I think a running game would favor TnT more and a deliberate, half court set battle would favor Magnolia. I expect single coverage for Sangalang, and he better deliver against Williams, Erram and Troy. I don’t see that many 3s converted by Magnolia as the TnT guards and wings (who are decent defenders to begin with) can afford to stick to their man.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I expect Magnolia to offer more resistance than SMB. Magnolia thrives in a grit and grind approach despite having the personnel to run. I think a running game would favor TnT more and a deliberate, half court set battle would favor Magnolia. I expect single coverage for Sangalang, and he better deliver against Williams, Erram and Troy. I don’t see that many 3s converted by Magnolia as the TnT guards and wings (who are decent defenders to begin with) can afford to stick to their man.
    They're kinda similar teams. Both rely on their defense to win games. They shut down lanes and rotate to shooters (although I might give the closeouts edge to TNT).

The only difference is that Mags have a post option in Sangalang.

They're kinda similar teams. Both rely on their defense to win games. They shut down lanes and rotate to shooters (although I might give the closeouts edge to TNT).

I made a similar observation. The defense of these teams is great and sometimes that's enough already to win the game. I bet they train that alot.
    That's why I've choosen a betting operator for Australian players from https://wetten.com/au/ in order to bet on Magnolia.

Sangalang's mettle would be tested against Kelly Williams.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Teco View Post
    I made a similar observation. The defense of these teams is great and sometimes that's enough already to win the game. I bet they train that alot.
    Welcome to IBN, man.

Yeah, sometimes defense is enough. I just hope that becomes a trademark of most PBA teams. Forcing bad shots and turnovers, not just waiting for a miss. Good thing that these teams, along with MERALCO, provide nice defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Sangalang's mettle would be tested against Kelly Williams.
    Magnolia only have sanggalang as their legit scoring big.. others can't.. it will force abueva more to play 4 spot.. corpuz and reavis are not offensive threats.. on guards they both all even as Williams, pogoy, Castro vs Lee, barocca and jalalon.. These two teams are evenly balanced squad.. that's how to create a strong team.. rather than put all stars in one team... I say maybe tnt in 6 but don't count magnolia out.. sanggalang has to preserve all of his energy against the likes of Kelly, erram and Rosario...

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Yes. In this series it was clear June Mar alone could not win it for SMB. Maybe before it was enough but not now. Mo was the key factor in their last two wins. With him down June Mar could not do it alone.
    I see smb will get an import that is super role player ala Blakely or freeman.. they don't need scoring import because they have Perez and Romeo to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Chit wouldnt win championships with different teams if he cant adapt.. dave marcelo is no ali peek thats the difference of that domint tnt team than it was today imo..
    I'm not expect chot to be like this.. I have doubts on him before because of his past mistakes especially when he handle gilas..and I'm still ok with dickel , so I have doubts on hiring chot on that time..

I do not know why but i like TNT's chances against Mags. But it is going to be close all throughout since both of the teams bread and butter is defense. i guess this might be TNT in 6 or 7 games.

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast