Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1257

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Despite reaching game 7, this Smb-TnT series is ugly as hell. After the first 2 games, it’s all blowouts. As some kind of redemption, game 7 better be close one. O magsuntukan man lang si Arwind at Khobuntin kung tambakan pa rin.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Despite reaching game 7, this Smb-TnT series is ugly as hell. After the first 2 games, it’s all blowouts. As some kind of redemption, game 7 better be close one. O magsuntukan man lang si Arwind at Khobuntin kung tambakan pa rin.
    Oo nga eh... it might be who will gain control in the 1st qtr will be the winner of that game.. Pag slow start eh sure iwan kana...

The major adjustment Leo made was to play Mo major minutes and even with JF over Arwind. Against Mo, Rosario could not bully in the paint. In fact Mo was their top scorer. JF just facilitated but passed the ball when the double came. Mo usually had the weaker post defender. But he could score even against Erram and Kelly. It did not help they tired themselves guarding June Mar. TNT tried to counter with small ball with Reyes against Mo to some success. But they could not overcome the points in the paint and second chance points generated by the two bigs. As a result also Lassiter and Romeo were open. Perez was cold but he made up for it with 12 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    The major adjustment Leo made was to play Mo major minutes and even with JF over Arwind. Against Mo, Rosario could not bully in the paint. In fact Mo was their top scorer. JF just facilitated but passed the ball when the double came. Mo usually had the weaker post defender. But he could score even against Erram and Kelly. It did not help they tired themselves guarding June Mar. TNT tried to counter with small ball with Reyes against Mo to some success. But they could not overcome the points in the paint and second chance points generated by the two bigs. As a result also Lassiter and Romeo were open. Perez was cold but he made up for it with 12 boards.
    Yeah... It seems that Mo is their barometer for SMB this series.. He was also the key factor in Game 4 blowout.. With TNT's big focus on Junmar, He was towering presence in the other side.. SMB has slight advantage in Game 7 on Sunday.. But don't count TNT out.. I hope a close match in Game 7 because after game 2 eh next 4 games are all blowouts...

Meralco should fire Norman Black.. Sorry for this franchise.. They need a new coach.. Black can't give Meralco results that the franchise wants...It's time to put Jong Uichico or maybe hire a foreign coach to elevate this franchise into greater success...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Meralco should fire Norman Black.. Sorry for this franchise.. They need a new coach.. Black can't give Meralco results that the franchise wants...It's time to put Jong Uichico or maybe hire a foreign coach to elevate this franchise into greater success...
    I agree with this. Black built his reputation winning the Grandslam for a star studded SMB team.

I agree with this. Black built his reputation winning the Grandslam for a star studded SMB team.
    MVP group has ton of good coaches.. Black can be a assistant of coach Tab at Gilas or go back at Ateneo then Tab will be full time coach for Gilas.. Black's coaching in the PBA already checkmate by either CTC or Coach Chito V., Then Meralco should find a real franchise player to elevate their team into greater heights.. Newsome is not a go to guy material, neither Belo or Maliksi.. They have a mistake by snubbing Romeo before after TNT wants to put him to Meralco.. Romeo can lead this team.. Now, Meralco should find a guy that can save them at crunchtime, a guy who can score any given day.. possible targets are Wright, Bolick or even Munzon.. They have trade assets to get a scorer..

Meralco's lineup is weak as hell. Its kinda surprising how they managed to he a consistent playoff performer despite their lineup. They're always overachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Meralco's lineup is weak as hell. Its kinda surprising how they managed to he a consistent playoff performer despite their lineup. They're always overachieving.
    hmmm. i dont think they are that weak in correlation to the pba league. ( I mean with 2 or 3 farm teams, it is easy to at least make the palyoffs).

Meralco is middle tier

But obviously, they do not have the pieces to compete against powerhouse teams.

EXCEPT if they have Allen Durham to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    hmmm. i dont think they are that weak in correlation to the pba league. ( I mean with 2 or 3 farm teams, it is easy to at least make the palyoffs).

Meralco is middle tier

But obviously, they do not have the pieces to compete against powerhouse teams.

EXCEPT if they have Allen Durham to carry them.
    Good observation. That's why they really need to nail their import selection as it's a good way to increase their talent level.

How many years has he been with Meralco? He has had his chances to upgrade his lineup. The team has been stuck in average for so long. Strong enough to get in the playoffs but not enough to get in the Finals. Heck Phoenix had a better team until they dumped Abueva, Marcelo and Heruela. Black shouldve picked a tall guy instead he got Pasaol who's like 20 lbs away from his ideal PBA weight

How many years has he been with Meralco? He has had his chances to upgrade his lineup. The team has been stuck in average for so long. Strong enough to get in the playoffs but not enough to get in the Finals. Heck Phoenix had a better team until they dumped Abueva, Marcelo and Heruela. Black shouldve picked a tall guy instead he got Pasaol who's like 20 lbs away from his ideal PBA weight
    Is he in control of those though? They suck at roster building. They rather hold on too the older vets. I like ROS younger lineup too at least they're at the right direction. Heck even the farm teams Perrafirma and NP had a brighter future than them. Meralco should do a full rebuild as they're really aren't going anywhere with their lineup. Puro band aid solutions

Is he in control of those though? They suck at roster building. They rather hold on too the older vets. I like ROS younger lineup too at least they're at the right direction. Heck even the farm teams Perrafirma and NP had a brighter future than them. Meralco should do a full rebuild as they're really aren't going anywhere with their lineup. Puro band aid solutions
    Meralco should get Romeo before when TNT wants to dump him.. They can get Romeo w/o giving any good assets because that time Romeo has low value.. NLEX has a bright future than them actually.. NLEX can upset Magnolia rather than Meralco... Their loaded wing position (Oftana, Semerad, Trollano, Cruz) will give more problems for Magnolia...

Same as 2018 draft, They have a 5th pick.. They should got either Mocon or Tratter rather than bust Jackson...

I think this conference was their best chance of making it. They got some pieces honestly but not at par with those powerhouse teams.

If I were mvp, give the coaching job to uichico at meralco.. I think he can do better than black.. put black either ateneo or San beda.. maybe black is better at coaching in college scene.. they have their chances, but they always failed.. he's already 7 years coaching at meralco but he can't give championship to the franchise... Another thing is they can't get good rookies at the draft.. Jackson over mocon or tratter and pasaol over rike is not a good move for meralco...

Who you got for Game 7? I’m rooting for the underdog, TnT. I feel whichever team drains more 3s will win the game.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Who you got for Game 7? I’m rooting for the underdog, TnT. I feel whichever team drains more 3s will win the game.
    Will the two big man game of smb their last resort on almost all the do or die games they played be defeated this time around..the synergy of the two bigs and three shooters is the key..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

If TNT beat San Miguel in the semis. And Beat Magnolia in the Finals. to win the championship

I will say coach chot is the primary reason.

tnt have a long drought also. they were a dynasty in early 2010s before SMC dominated the late 2010s.

I am a Ginebra fan.

But I wish TNT to win the championship. to atleast stop the smc dominance

ONLY TNT is a non smc team who have the talent (players and coach wise) to compete with SMC teams.

Meralco, Nlex, have ok coaches but lacks elite players

Phoenix, Alaska and Ros are not good enough

Northport, Terra, and Blackwater are farm teams

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    If TNT beat San Miguel in the semis. And Beat Magnolia in the Finals. to win the championship

I will say coach chot is the primary reason.

tnt have a long drought also. they were a dynasty in early 2010s before SMC dominated the late 2010s.

I am a Ginebra fan.

But I wish TNT to win the championship. to atleast stop the smc dominance

ONLY TNT is a non smc team who have the talent (players and coach wise) to compete with SMC teams.

Meralco, Nlex, have ok coaches but lacks elite players

Phoenix, Alaska and Ros are not good enough

Northport, Terra, and Blackwater are farm teams
    System-wise, TNT is good. I also think Chot's system on both ends can be used for PBA and FIBA. Even though it's 'bara-bara,' they move the ball well and move well without the ball. Defensively, they shut down lanes and close out to shooters.

Seems that Chot learned from his mistakes and decided to adapt.

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast