Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1257

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

To anyone who watched the game, I have a few questions.

1. Did SMB zone? If they did (which they most certainly did), how did TNT counter?
    2. How was the defense of TNT? Did they rotate to shooters, shut down lanes?

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post

1. Did SMB zone? If they did (which they most certainly did), how did TNT counter?
    I didn't watch the whole game because i need to sleep for my duty today, But i think SMB zone to cover up Junmar's weaknesses in perimeter.. But unfortunately, They don't have a answer on Erram's shooting in outside.. Junmar can't defend Erram in perimeter because he's to slow to defend perimeter.. That is his weaknesses all career long for him.. I don't know how SMB will counter that.. They can watch Iran's defensive pattern on how they hide Haddadi's weaknesses on perimeter.. But the other 4 should be aggressive on all aspects on defense.. Only Ross, Lassiter and maybe Perez are good perimeter defender guys.. They should be the one who will defend Erram to cover up Junmar.. But this strategy should cost all energy and they will give up most of their offense to have a energy on defense, Then also they need disciplined defense to make this things happen.. Can they do that?

1. Nag zone sila majority of the game. pero nag man to man latter part na kung kailan tambak na. Good thing the TNT team was hitting their outside shots pangontra sa zone.

2. Yes, and double agad sa mga bigs especially JMF. which led to turnovers.

JMF is a very huge defensive liability for SMB in this series. He can't defend the perimeter well to save his life. He's just too slow out there, it's frustrating. For every 2-pt FG he made, TNT made up for it with a 3, either from Rosario or Erram.

The thing thats working for TNT when SMB is playing the zone is their players kept on moving around and not just waiting for the ball to go to them. Ang strategy kase lagi ng SMB is when they cant play good man to man D eh they resort into playing the zone, problem with teams eh they kept on trying to shoot the 3..Also with TNT, even when theyre playing defense they usually move around when defending the post, ang ending tuloy Junemar dont know where to pass the bal that usually result into turnover

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I didn't watch the whole game because i need to sleep for my duty today, But i think SMB zone to cover up Junmar's weaknesses in perimeter.. But unfortunately, They don't have a answer on Erram's shooting in outside.. Junmar can't defend Erram in perimeter because he's to slow to defend perimeter.. That is his weaknesses all career long for him.. I don't know how SMB will counter that.. They can watch Iran's defensive pattern on how they hide Haddadi's weaknesses on perimeter.. But the other 4 should be aggressive on all aspects on defense.. Only Ross, Lassiter and maybe Perez are good perimeter defender guys.. They should be the one who will defend Erram to cover up Junmar.. But this strategy should cost all energy and they will give up most of their offense to have a energy on defense, Then also they need disciplined defense to make this things happen.. Can they do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    1. Nag zone sila majority of the game. pero nag man to man latter part na kung kailan tambak na. Good thing the TNT team was hitting their outside shots pangontra sa zone.

2. Yes, and double agad sa mga bigs especially JMF. which led to turnovers.
    Ayun, SMB zoned. Not a good defense against a team shooting 37% from 3 against them (although to be fair, TNT shot around 22% from 3 the past 2 games, making last game a bit of an anomaly). And TNT moved around.

SMB really need to change up their defensive strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by kaibooster21 View Post
    The thing thats working for TNT when SMB is playing the zone is their players kept on moving around and not just waiting for the ball to go to them. Ang strategy kase lagi ng SMB is when they cant play good man to man D eh they resort into playing the zone, problem with teams eh they kept on trying to shoot the 3..Also with TNT, even when theyre playing defense they usually move around when defending the post, ang ending tuloy Junemar dont know where to pass the bal that usually result into turnover
    Crucial din Yung trade between cstand and mo tautuaa, few years ago.. SMB will be fine if cstand is there, because cstand can defend perimeter.. much faster than fajardo.. but not on mo.. mabagal din si mo to defend perimeter... SMB should take a gamble on game 4, will they stick on junmar or they will go small ball? Butas din sila sa 4 position, as arwind's game already regressed... As I said before that Perez trade was a mistake.. they didn't need Perez as of now because they still have Romeo to do the job... They badly needed arwind's replacement.. ayun nayare sila sa kwatro..

Crucial din Yung trade between cstand and mo tautuaa, few years ago.. SMB will be fine if cstand is there, because cstand can defend perimeter.. much faster than fajardo.. but not on mo.. mabagal din si mo to defend perimeter... SMB should take a gamble on game 4, will they stick on junmar or they will go small ball? Butas din sila sa 4 position, as arwind's game already regressed... As I said before that Perez trade was a mistake.. they didn't need Perez as of now because they still have Romeo to do the job... They badly needed arwind's replacement.. ayun nayare sila sa kwatro..
    CStand, defending the perimeter? Not exactly true this conference. Ginebra gave up a lot points on drives and PnR switches on him.

As for Mo, pwede naman siya sa kwatro. He's being paired alongside June Mar at times, e. But, yeah, they're thin on the forward position. Arwind's basically their only forward in the rotation, as the other guys playing 3 are guards.

Well more than the trades, what they need is a better system. You cant always resort to one on one plays especially if the other team is a good defensive team. TNT is number 1 in limiting their opponents to score. Plus yun zone pa nila. Jong Uichico last night said that SMB’s defense last night was more of waiting for TNT to miss their shot instead of actually making stops.

Well more than the trades, what they need is a better system. You cant always resort to one on one plays especially if the other team is a good defensive team. TNT is number 1 in limiting their opponents to score. Plus yun zone pa nila. Jong Uichico last night said that SMB’s defense last night was more of waiting for TNT to miss their shot instead of actually making stops.
    Sakit sa Mata panoorin offensive sets ng SMB.. it's all you turn, my turn moment, all 1 on 1 system, very easy to read and stop... tactical immaturity system used by coach Leo... Yeah, they won 5 straight AFC but that was because of junmar's greatness... I think if ateneo of coach tab against this SMB will play, i will bet ateneo to win over SMB..

TNT's also first in defensive rating.

As for SMB's defense, they can afford that zone because PBA teams aren't exactly consistent in shooting, and often stagnate at the presence of a zone. They're actually not known for being a defensive team. They just outscore and overpower their often overmatched opponents, and have the advantage of firepower and chemistry.

TNT's also first in defensive rating.

As for SMB's defense, they can afford that zone because PBA teams aren't exactly consistent in shooting, and often stagnate at the presence of a zone. They're actually not known for being a defensive team. They just outscore and overpower their often overmatched opponents, and have the advantage of firepower and chemistry.
    Because teams here would often think that they should take a 3 whenever the opponent plays a zone. Chances are, its a low percentage shot. What they dont know is the formula for zones is players should move around and dont stay on one area. Because the zone doesnt guard players, it guards spaces, so if a team moves the ball around and players also doesnt stand
    on one area theres always a big possibility that someone will be open not just from the perimeter but also inside. As for SMB theyre not a good defensive team but because they have great perimeter defenders(lassiter,ross) they often get away with their overall defense

Erram is a near top tier PBA center. Better than Almazan IMO. Just a notch lower than JMF, Japeth, CS and Greg. With JMF hobbled I guess the gap between him and Erram is not big. CS before could anchor SMB in the middle. His attacking game would have been a better match against TNT. But yes Austria is having problems because JMF is not dominant enough to make up for his defensive lapses. But his system doesnt really work without June Mar. As I said this season will show how good he is. He has very good players actually, Arwind, Marcio, Ross, Cabagnot, Romeo, Perez, Mo. Even without a dominant June Mar he has no excuse.

CStand, defending the perimeter? Not exactly true this conference. Ginebra gave up a lot points on drives and PnR switches on him.

As for Mo, pwede naman siya sa kwatro. He's being paired alongside June Mar at times, e. But, yeah, they're thin on the forward position. Arwind's basically their only forward in the rotation, as the other guys playing 3 are guards.
    On pba setting he can.. struggling Lang sya this conference.. Mas mabilis Naman sya compare both fajardo and mo...

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Erram is a near top tier PBA center. Better than Almazan IMO. Just a notch lower than JMF, Japeth, CS and Greg. With JMF hobbled I guess the gap between him and Erram is not big. CS before could anchor SMB in the middle. His attacking game would have been a better match against TNT. But yes Austria is having problems because JMF is not dominant enough to make up for his defensive lapses. But his system doesnt really work without June Mar. As I said this season will show how good he is. He has very good players actually, Arwind, Marcio, Ross, Cabagnot, Romeo, Perez, Mo. Even without a dominant June Mar he has no excuse.
    Erram Vs fajardo reminds me of 1 on 1 match before between asi taulava Vs kerby Raymundo.. as strong as taulava is, he was outmatched by much faster, much mobile Kerby.. even in NBA, dominating big nowadays are modern big man likes of jokic, embiid, Davis, etc.... While traditional big man are now gone.. most of them are out of NBA or only back up big man in a team.. ex: Howard, Drummond and cousins...

TNT getting murdered in the paint

Tale of two teams this half. TNT's shooting like crap, while SMB are having the game of their season.

How did SMB have that kind of game this half?

SMB's more energetic on defense and rotating to shooters.

Prayers for Poy Erram

That is SMB we want to see.. Expectations for them are too high because of talent that they have.. If they playing like the way they did today eh they are undisputed champions.. But sign of relief for TNT as Kelly Williams will be back in Game 5.. Although we hope that Erram is OK.. He's the X factor in this series...

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast