Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1257

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

  1. #1001
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    kaya nga...put kib montalbo there in smb lineup or even tenorio he wouldnt have same impact as terrence.. elite players come out or become at their best even with elite players around..see why cs excelled in his runs in smb as a 5 sans junmar and was a bad fit when thier fielded the same time
    Well explained, I don’t buy that just because SMB has many threats then it should already been equivalent that the player would stand out. A player would stand out because he is elite, plain and simple. Even Paul Zamar was a double digit scorer for Blackwater yet he could not even create an impact with SMB.

    In a team full of stars and if you are a scorer, you have to be efficient kasi if not nasasayang yung possessions that could have been scored by your teammates. And Terrence Romeo stands out and nagiging go to guy pa ng SMB ngayon. Give credit when credit is due

  2. #1002
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Williams should take over.. I'm sure Chot knows this... I see Mikey can blow by the defense of Ross... Masyado lang nya nagaalangan because he has to be take backseat against the veterans.. I lost respect for Castro this time... He's been in the league for such long.. Even Chot was experience this during PHL vs Iran in 2007, That 1 tech foul is huge in a crucial game like this.... Chot should tame Castro and control his emotions... Or else, SMB still kick their ass again... Chot already outcoach Leo, But his players are think otherwise.. Nadadala ng emosyon...

    Pag talo talo, and Mikey Williams is just playing scared. He’s not taking a backseat, ang dami rin tira niyan. And before the Pogoy foul on Lassiter, Williams missed a good three attempt. And in the ensuing play, while being down by three, the play was on him but he kicked it out to a center in Erram for 3 lol! Bolick, Romeo, Pringle or Prime Castro won’t even do that. Williams is good but not in the level yet of the aforementioned above, he is being exposed right now

  3. #1003
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Romeo is the best guard in the pba now but certainly at his stage of career is better to be load managed nowadays...

    Pardon from my previous post, for now it’s still a toss up pala between Romeo and Pringle. Just for being the best guard.

    But if we are talking about the best “Point” guard, it’s Robert Bolick, hands down

  4. #1004
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    On the other series.. Meralco seems outmatch by Magnolia... I don't think Meralco can win a series against Magnolia, who have Abueva strengthen this team... Calvin should be sure pick for BPC of this conference...

  5. #1005
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Pag talo talo, and Mikey Williams is just playing scared. He’s not taking a backseat, ang dami rin tira niyan. And before the Pogoy foul on Lassiter, Williams missed a good three attempt. And in the ensuing play, while being down by three, the play was on him but he kicked it out to a center in Erram for 3 lol! Bolick, Romeo, Pringle or Prime Castro won’t even do that. Williams is good but not in the level yet of the aforementioned above, he is being exposed right now
    Let's see on Game 3.. He can capable to take over.. Maybe you should watch his ABL stint with Vietnam... He can capable to take over... Just like Parks last year, How can you take over if you have to think that this is not your team yet?

  6. #1006
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Well explained, I don’t buy that just because SMB has many threats then it should already been equivalent that the player would stand out. A player would stand out because he is elite, plain and simple. Even Paul Zamar was a double digit scorer for Blackwater yet he could not even create an impact with SMB.

    In a team full of stars and if you are a scorer, you have to be efficient kasi if not nasasayang yung possessions that could have been scored by your teammates. And Terrence Romeo stands out and nagiging go to guy pa ng SMB ngayon. Give credit when credit is due
    In short, In Tagalog... Ever since in his college days, "Makapal ang mukha" nya in this situation.. Remember in FEU days, There was RR Garcia who led the team, even won a MVP but later on, It's Terrence who been the main guy later part of their FEU days... PBA's version of "MAMBA mentality" ika nga....

  7. #1007
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Let's see on Game 3.. He can capable to take over.. Maybe you should watch his ABL stint with Vietnam... He can capable to take over... Just like Parks last year, How can you take over if you have to think that this is not your team yet?
    Dude, wala ka pa sa IBN kilala na si Mikey Williams dito. He was the dream fantasy pg of most guys here for Gilas. Basically the Remy Martin before Remy Martin, and the ABL stint should not be the meter stick on how he can fare. It’s 3 games vs SMB if you include the eliminations, but he was just shut down basically by Ross. I don’t remember Romeo, Castro or Pringle struggling so badly against Ross before. Williams has good handles, quick crossover and great jump-shot. But the dude looks weak and soft when driving down the lane.

    And just like Parks last year? You kidding me, you did not see how he dominated Phoenix and Abueva last semis? If averaging 27 ppg in the semis while dropping 40 plus, 26 piece in the elimination game 5, then I don’t know what’s the definition of taking over anymore

  8. #1008
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    In short, In Tagalog... Ever since in his college days, "Makapal ang mukha" nya in this situation.. Remember in FEU days, There was RR Garcia who led the team, even won a MVP but later on, It's Terrence who been the main guy later part of their FEU days... PBA's version of "MAMBA mentality" ika nga....
    Romeo is just an elite talent, hated him before during his FEU days kasi bwakaw naman talaga noon and puro tira lang talaga. But watching him play now is like a painter doing some magic with his brush. Just pure artistry from the part of Terrence, not to exaggerate but mala Kyrie Irving din talaga yung play style.

    I still think Romeo is our counterpart right now to the Guo Ailun, Wael Arakji and Tai Wesbter in Fiba asia oceania. But nope not gonna happen, dude is blacklisted from the National team

  9. #1009
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Dude, wala ka pa sa IBN kilala na si Mikey Williams dito. He was the dream fantasy pg of most guys here for Gilas. Basically the Remy Martin before Remy Martin, and the ABL stint should not be the meter stick on how he can fare. Itís 3 games vs SMB if you include the eliminations, but he was just shut down basically by Ross. I donít remember Romeo, Castro or Pringle struggling so badly against Ross before. Williams has good handles, quick crossover and great jump-shot. But the dude looks weak and soft when driving down the lane.

    And just like Parks last year? You kidding me, you did not see how he dominated Phoenix and Abueva last semis? If averaging 27 ppg in the semis while dropping 40 plus, 26 piece in the elimination game 5, then I donít know whatís the definition of taking over anymore
    Let's just see on Game 3.. I understand your point but guarded by Ross is very hard to tell at this point.. Castro also have a fair share of struggles against Ross and even Pringle and Romeo (back to Globalport days of these two)... Give credit to Ross that he put his focus on defense.. But Mikey will put this as a challenge... Kaya nya yun.. It's a series by the way.. And they loss on a buzzer beater.. Actually, The biggest opponent of TNT is fear against SMB.. They should fight that fear against them.. Mentally feared na sila sa SMB after years of frustrating against them... Yan ang dapat na motivation nila.. If they can't beat SMB this year, I don't think they can beat SMB in the couple of years in the future, especially Junmar is around.. They should fight it.. relax and don't play under the fear shadows of SMB...

  10. #1010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Romeo is just an elite talent, hated him before during his FEU days kasi bwakaw naman talaga noon and puro tira lang talaga. But watching him play now is like a painter doing some magic with his brush. Just pure artistry from the part of Terrence, not to exaggerate but mala Kyrie Irving din talaga yung play style.

    I still think Romeo is our counterpart right now to the Guo Ailun, Wael Arakji and Tai Wesbter in Fiba asia oceania. But nope not gonna happen, dude is blacklisted from the National team
    I'm move on from Terrence in the national team.. I don't think he will gonna invite again to Gilas... even Tab doesn't like his playstyle.. Although i hope that he will get another shot (kahit maliit lang) for final time... maybe if SMC will take over the national team...

  11. #1011
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,888

    Default

    Sabi nga nina ricky vrgas its gut check time for mickey if he deserve the pay he wants..hahah

    Grandslam point guards from abarrientos to barroca are known to be great way players I can put ross on that list and castro as an exception( as he is an offensive dynamo) as being perpetual trophy winners
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  12. #1012
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Sabi nga nina ricky vrgas its gut check time for mickey if he deserve the pay he wants..hahah

    Grandslam point guards from abarrientos to barroca are known to be great way players I can put ross on that list and castro as an exception( as he is an offensive dynamo) as being perpetual trophy winners
    Yeah... He needs to prove that his resume is not a fluke.. He's a NBA G-League veteran.. He should play like an import.. That's why Ricky Vargas, MVP and co. has a point on why they didn't give Parks a salary that he deserves in the PBA, You need to prove yourself and lead the team to the championship, If Mikey can't do that, He can't get that salary that he wants.. They have a high expectations on Mikey and Parks before... May karapatan din kasi ang management to not give salary demand the player wants, If they didn't give his team a result that they wanted...

  13. #1013
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,650
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/frauey/st...F6Rd7j-_Q&s=19

    Lyn Olavario
    @frauey
    Meralco Coach Norman Black: Raymond Almazan is doubtful for game three. Our other bigs will have to step up and get the job done.
    @News5PH
    @OneSportsPHL
    @onenewsph

  14. #1014
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/frauey/st...F6Rd7j-_Q&s=19

    Lyn Olavario
    @frauey
    Meralco Coach Norman Black: Raymond Almazan is doubtful for game three. Our other bigs will have to step up and get the job done.
    @News5PH
    @OneSportsPHL
    @onenewsph
    NLEX should be the better match up for Magnolia.. Not Meralco, They have better wings to have a match up against Abueva.. This Mags-Meralco series will be a one sided affair in favor of Magnolia... especially that Meralco are playing not 100% full roster, Health - wise...

  15. #1015
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,404
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    NLEX should be the better match up for Magnolia.. Not Meralco, They have better wings to have a match up against Abueva.. This Mags-Meralco series will be a one sided affair in favor of Magnolia... especially that Meralco are playing not 100% full roster, Health - wise...
    And NLEX has a better offense, even without Kiefer. MERALCO, depensa lang.

  16. #1016
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    And NLEX has a better offense, even without Kiefer. MERALCO, depensa lang.
    Even before, I don't trust Meralco.. because Norman Black's coaching is very predictable, Another one is they don't have a go to guy to give them scoring especially in crunch time situations.. I hope that TNT before they should put either Romeo before or Parks here at Meralco.. They badly needed a "real" franchise player.. Choosy pa kasi tong Meralco.. If they accept Terrence to their team eh sana si Romeo na ang taga salba nila... Newsome is not that guy.. He's like Demar DeRozan, he's good but not a go to guy type of player... And i hope they change their coach... wala na ipipiga pa kay Black.. Uichico, Trillo or hire a foreign coach is a must for Meralco...

  17. #1017
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    198
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    3 PHXs cast offs are contributing in the semis. Abueva has been an xfactor for Mags as he was for them. Dave Marcelo and Heruela are contributing on defense and offense off the bench for TNT.

    I maintain that dumping Abueva was a salary dump more than anything. Manuel probably has a smaller contract and for short term. And as I said before was an ill fit with Perk. With those 3 guys they would have probably been in the semis now.

  18. #1018
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    3 PHXs cast offs are contributing in the semis. Abueva has been an xfactor for Mags as he was for them. Dave Marcelo and Heruela are contributing on defense and offense off the bench for TNT.

    I maintain that dumping Abueva was a salary dump more than anything. Manuel probably has a smaller contract and for short term. And as I said before was an ill fit with Perk. With those 3 guys they would have probably been in the semis now.
    I understand why they trade Abueva (due to his behavior and salary cap), But they should retain Heruela, Marcelo, etc... Remember Phoenix have a good run before Abueva comeback in their first few games last year.. And trading Manuel should be their next best move for them, So that they have the money to convince Wright to stay with them... Wright is one the players who are rumored going to B-League either middle of this season or next season...

  19. #1019
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Walang ibang play tong SMB. Theyre just using their firepower to stay in this series. Puro one on one lang ang play. If it wasnt for that Lassiter gamewinner in game 2, 3-0 na sana to. TNT has led by atleast 15pts in all of the games they played in this series

  20. #1020
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,116
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaibooster21 View Post
    Walang ibang play tong SMB. Theyre just using their firepower to stay in this series. Puro one on one lang ang play. If it wasnt for that Lassiter gamewinner in game 2, 3-0 na sana to. TNT has led by atleast 15pts in all of the games they played in this series
    Just what i told, Mikey bounce back from his struggles in Games 1 and 2.. He can blow by sometimes Ross.. Although it was Erram who had a big games in this series.. He cancelled Junmar's presence by using his mobility and shooting and Junmar can't defend Erram whenever he was in the perimeter.. That was poor coaching on part of coach Leo, and it seems they can't still see that... It was only talent, especially Romeo and Perez, who are bringing to life for SMB...

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •