2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    You still had good reason for that rant, though. Long range threes are viable shots only for at least 36% shooters.

However, I think Bolick's 20-something percentage is more due to shot selection than due to accuracy. If he takes less bonehead shots, I see that going to 35, at least.
    Hahaha thanks bro. But what the commentator (Carlo Pamintuan I think) said was also true. Bolick is really just a born winner. He can shoot 20% all game but I'd trust him to make a crucial shot.

Mind boggling why he was subbed out for the last play. It's not as if he's a terrible defender. Also, the coaching staff should've known that they didn't have any timeouts left to bring back Bolick in the event that SMB made a shot (which is what happened.)

Comment

• I dont mind him taking those shots, if it means he'll drain them more consistently in the future, by all means. But yeah, the man has insane mental strength

Comment

• SMB picked ice cold Onwubere who replaced adrenaline pumped Bolick for their final offensive play. If it was Bolick and Taha out there, either one could have covered Cabagnot better. This is the second Jarencio “boo boo” vs an SMC team in a span of what, 10 days?
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
          What do expect from Kots Leo?
          It was JF who wanted to eat rice not Kots Leo.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
            SMB picked ice cold Onwubere who replaced adrenaline pumped Bolick for their final offensive play. If it was Bolick and Taha out there, either one could have covered Cabagnot better. This is the second Jarencio “boo boo” vs an SMC team in a span of what, 10 days?
            I know people will see that why. But it was a switch and Onwubere wasn't guarding Cabagnot, he was guarding Santos. Arwind set a screen for Cabagnot who was guarded by Taha, and all screen switch is the best strategy even in NBA with that much time left. Even if Bolick was there he will just be screen off.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
              But as a coach, he should also responsible to players' health..
              When did that ever happen. We show health and weight issues even NBA. Even management put that in contract but it is still the players decision and no one else

Comment

• Charles Tiu, Ronnie magsanoc, cholo Villanueva, Juno sauler are much better coaches than pido.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                  When did that ever happen. We show health and weight issues even NBA. Even management put that in contract but it is still the players decision and no one else
                  I don't believe this. Let's face the facts. SMB won 5 straight AFCs with a heavy June Mar in the middle. June Mar is a good soldier. He will take the responsibility if he needs to be heavy. He will say what needs to be said and take the flak from coach and management. June Mar was not this heavy when he was a rookie. But for Kots Leo he needed to be an unstoppable force in the middle. And for that he needed to be around 280 lbs. The refs and his teammates can make up for his defensive weakness at that weight. He just had to be the center of the offense. He broke his leg because he played at a heavy weight with major minutes while at the same time trying moves for lighter players. Euro step was his favorite until he had a hairline fracture in his shin. He was always a strong rim runner on the break. And he broke his leg in such a move.

Comment

Then Pido should not sub Bolick over Onwubere.. Bolick has also good defense.. A line up of Bolick, Taha, Ferrer, Malonzo at Slaugther is much better defensive unit for coach Pido... Cabagnot and Bolick have same height naman and same speed (Or Bolick is faster than Cabagnot now)...
                    As I said already and you can look it again.Taha is much better defender than Bolick, he was assign to Cabagnot. Arwind set a screen to switch the defenders. What would Bolick do in that scenario that will change the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                      I don't believe this. Let's face the facts. SMB won 5 straight AFCs with a heavy June Mar in the middle. June Mar is a good soldier. He will take the responsibility if he needs to be heavy. He will say what needs to be said and take the flak from coach and management. June Mar was not this heavy when he was a rookie. But for Kots Leo he needed to be an unstoppable force in the middle. And for that he needed to be around 280 lbs. The refs and his teammates can make up for his defensive weakness at that weight. He just had to be the center of the offense. He broke his leg because he played at a heavy weight with major minutes while at the same time trying moves for lighter players. Euro step was his favorite until he had a hairline fracture in his shin. He was always a strong rim runner on the break. And he broke his leg in such a move.
                      Do you have a link to prove that. I have a link that says otherwise? Ofcourse every olayers grows and add weight. Look at DI and Pingris as an examples

Comment

Do you have a link to prove that. I have a link that says otherwise? Ofcourse every olayers grows and add weight. Look at DI and Pingris as an examples
                        A quote at the tail end of their streak in 2019? Where was this quote when June Mar lost the most weight in the 2016 OQT? June Mar was visibly faster defensively. But he could be moved in the paint. If he maintained that weight he would have continued on to be a better defender in Fiba. That Kazakhstan embarrassment might not have happened. But SMB would probably have not maintained their dominance in the AFC. The proof is in the pudding. June Mar already proved he was effective at a lesser weight in the Governor's cup in his rookie year. But this system required around a 10 deep rotation and a faster pace. Kots Leo needed a slower pace and had around 7 deep rotation for SMB's streak. June Mar can be effective at a lesser weight. But Kots Leo's system only works when June Mar is heavy and he plays around 36 mins a game. So who wanted that weight most June Mar, Kots Leo or Al Chua?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                          A quote at the tail end of their streak in 2019? Where was this quote when June Mar lost the most weight in the 2016 OQT? June Mar was visibly faster defensively. But he could be moved in the paint. If he maintained that weight he would have continued on to be a better defender in Fiba. That Kazakhstan embarrassment might not have happened. But SMB would probably have not maintained their dominance in the AFC. The proof is in the pudding. June Mar already proved he was effective at a lesser weight in the Governor's cup in his rookie year. But this system required around a 10 deep rotation and a faster pace. Kots Leo needed a slower pace and had around 7 deep rotation for SMB's streak. June Mar can be effective at a lesser weight. But Kots Leo's system only works when June Mar is heavy and he plays around 36 mins a game. So who wanted that weight most June Mar, Kots Leo or Al Chua?
                          It already came out on JF mouth he wanted rice. If you want to dispute that he is lying in that interview go ahead show proof. All you have is an opinion against a known truth. If Kots Leo wants just an inside presence then he won't let Tautua shot threes. But that is not the case either. Where is the pudding there. . Unless you are a insider then its all speculations.

Comment

Bolick is more faster than Onwubere.. Ferrer can handle Arwind, And if switch happens, Ferrer can bothered Cabagnot because the former is more agile and length wise (In terms of wingspan).. In NBA, they will not let that substitution from a quicker guard for bigger but slow defender, Even in FIBA.. That's why sometimes coach Tab subbing Kai for a agile forward Baltazar in defensive end.. As i said, The line up of Bolick, Taha, Ferrer, Malonzo and Slaughter is already potent defensive 5 for coach Pido in end game.. Di naman maliit si Bolick to be match up nightmare.. Bolick is like 6 flat to 6'1 while Cabagnot is 6'1 (or maybe 6'2).. So that is a fair match up for coach Pido, w/o sacrificing speed... Yung separation na ni Cabagnot when he was guarded by Onwubere eh iwan na kaagad sya, That's why Cabagnot have that time to release that shot very easily...
                            Ferrer was guarding Chris Ross. I haven't seen Ferrer block a shot when a shooter does a step to a side move. He might be a little agile but shorter than Onwubere. I dont know who has a longer wingspan.
                            Again the point of Bolick is useless as he will just be screen off. Taha is a better defender than Bolick and got screen off.

At the end it doesn't matter if Ferrer or Onwubere guarding Cabbage, not of them will be able to block that shot unless they anticipate it.

Comment

Bolick is more faster than Onwubere.. Ferrer can handle Arwind, And if switch happens, Ferrer can bothered Cabagnot because the former is more agile and length wise (In terms of wingspan).. In NBA, they will not let that substitution from a quicker guard for bigger but slow defender, Even in FIBA.. That's why sometimes coach Tab subbing Kai for a agile forward Baltazar in defensive end.. As i said, The line up of Bolick, Taha, Ferrer, Malonzo and Slaughter is already potent defensive 5 for coach Pido in end game.. Di naman maliit si Bolick to be match up nightmare.. Bolick is like 6 flat to 6'1 while Cabagnot is 6'1 (or maybe 6'2).. So that is a fair match up for coach Pido, w/o sacrificing speed... Yung separation na ni Cabagnot when he was guarded by Onwubere eh iwan na kaagad sya, That's why Cabagnot have that time to release that shot very easily...
                              Bolick can be a pretty tough defender when he wants to. Heck he was used as a "Kiefer stopper" before but I dunno how he'll impact this one. It was a good play. Though in theory he should be able to put more resistance than Sidney provided he doesn't get screened. AFAIK Bolick is taller?

Comment

I know people will see that why. But it was a switch and Onwubere wasn't guarding Cabagnot, he was guarding Santos. Arwind set a screen for Cabagnot who was guarded by Taha, and all screen switch is the best strategy even in NBA with that much time left. Even if Bolick was there he will just be screen off.
                                Obviously you didn’t understand what you read. What do you think “SMB picked Onwubere” means?
                                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information