Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    His camp denied it according to spin.

Wonder why the victim has been believing with him even though he isn't already part of the lineup.
    you have to wonder why only the online sports news portal SPIN.ph picked up this news. That and wala ng follow up today. No mention in the major dailies and legit news networks. Swerte ng PBA hindi pa mainstream yung news. Something is going on behind the scenes..

The real reason why most of young prospects going to Japan than here..

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/0...apan-b-league/

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    you have to wonder why only the online sports news portal SPIN.ph picked up this news. That and wala ng follow up today. No mention in the major dailies and legit news networks. Swerte ng PBA hindi pa mainstream yung news. Something is going on behind the scenes..
    But to be fair, when I see the chat, its like me or my friend talking on whos to bet on msw, thats how very subjective their judgement are..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    The real reason why most of young prospects going to Japan than here..

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/0...apan-b-league/
    Other word is, I want to play now but my mock draft says I am no. 2(next to baltazar) and it shows going to terrafirma and to an smc team, my benefactor wouldnt let that happen so I go to Japan..

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Well it’s still too tabloid to report. There is still no legs in the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Other word is, I want to play now but my mock draft says I am no. 2(next to baltazar) and it shows going to terrafirma and to an smc team, my benefactor wouldnt let that happen so I go to Japan..
    Well.. depending on the players who will join the draft.. Some marquee Fil-Ams will also join the draft who are Mikey Williams level (ex: McKinney) will be more impact than him.. It just Ramos is more popular.. Actually they can do get Baltazar and Ramos altogether by putting Ramos in special Gilas draft next year.. But he still choose the right way.. And that is go to B-League first...

Too obvious. Better for PBA to just re-institute the 1 direct-hire-per-team rule at this point, even if it's every 2 or 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    Too obvious. Better for PBA to just re-institute the 1 direct-hire-per-team rule at this point, even if it's every 2 or 3 years.
    Just do away with the PBA draft and trades. Just let them sign whoever they want to sign subject to the salary cap.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

It would be for worse at least here they trying to implemwnt a rule thhat top picks cant be traded after x years

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Just do away with the PBA draft and trades. Just let them sign whoever they want to sign subject to the salary cap.
    Yeah, PBA better try something new, maybe go the Euro way of things (which is worse for parity's sake imo, but can the league go any worse than it already is)? The current format is just a way to stick to tradition and does not help the league in establishing the much needed parity anyway.

It would be for worse at least here they trying to implemwnt a rule thhat top picks cant be traded after x years
    Well.. at least.. as what's shown in the past, specifically the last 4 years, it's always just a matter of time before the top picks of farms teams get traded to the empires. Very hard to accept but that's just how it goes in our beloved league.

Yeah, PBA better try something new, maybe go the Euro way of things (which is worse for parity's sake imo, but can the league go any worse than it already is)? The current format is just a way to stick to tradition and does not help the league in establishing the much needed parity anyway.
    Hahaha! Great point! May ikakapangit pa ba ang liga sa sitwasyon nya ngayon?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Why impose such when teams can just sidestep such rules?

For instance, SMC and MVP teams can just bend rules by transacting with their conduits (Terrafirma, Blackwater and Northport). These conduits can lose for all eternity and get top 3 picks but they will just trade it away to either SMC or MVP camps. Ganun din naman, patago pa. Edi gawing lantaran na lang.

For me, just let PBA teams sign their players without going through drafts or trades. I don't know how it will be implemented but the best or worst performing teams for a season should be punished/awarded by lessening/raising their salary caps next season.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Why impose such when teams can just sidestep such rules?

For instance, SMC and MVP teams can just bend rules by transacting with their conduits (Terrafirma, Blackwater and Northport). These conduits can lose for all eternity and get top 3 picks but they will just trade it away to either SMC or MVP camps. Ganun din naman, patago pa. Edi gawing lantaran na lang.

For me, just let PBA teams sign their players without going through drafts or trades. I don't know how it will be implemented but the best or worst performing teams for a season should be punished/awarded by lessening/raising their salary caps next season.
    Kung meron lang sanang higher objective ang bawat teams sa PBA (EASL title, perhaps, depends on how the current pandemic will be in the next years ofc, and how popular it will get), then I guess these hoarding of talent and bypassing of bylaws by the empires can be forgiven.

Chris Webber moment for Sean Anthony

And Paul Lee missing the technical free throw Lol

I just can't believe how bad of a coach Pido is. Truly amazing.

Anthony calls a timeout when they have no timeouts remaining lol. This is the coaches fault, either don't use all your timeouts or emphasize we have no more timeouts.

Also, he just let Malonzo, his best player or 2nd best player (Slaughter playing well) who is having a good game (Malonzo, is 5-10 from the floor, 14 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks) just not play the last 3 minutes of the game. Why would you bench him for the last 3 minutes??

Absolutely terrible coaching

Coach Pido is sus, that last swap for Greg was nuts

I feel bad for the Northport players, they were very competitive throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell View Post
    I just can't believe how bad of a coach Pido is. Truly amazing.

Anthony calls a timeout when they have no timeouts remaining lol. This is the coaches fault, either don't use all your timeouts or emphasize we have no more timeouts.

Also, he just let Malonzo, his best player or 2nd best player (Slaughter playing well) who is having a good game (Malonzo, is 5-10 from the floor, 14 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks) just not play the last 3 minutes of the game. Why would you bench him for the last 3 minutes??

Absolutely terrible coaching
    and Slaughter didn't like the last substitution

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast