2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    kaya nga...put kib montalbo there in smb lineup or even tenorio he wouldnt have same impact as terrence.. elite players come out or become at their best even with elite players around..see why cs excelled in his runs in smb as a 5 sans junmar and was a bad fit when thier fielded the same time
    Well explained, I don’t buy that just because SMB has many threats then it should already been equivalent that the player would stand out. A player would stand out because he is elite, plain and simple. Even Paul Zamar was a double digit scorer for Blackwater yet he could not even create an impact with SMB.

In a team full of stars and if you are a scorer, you have to be efficient kasi if not nasasayang yung possessions that could have been scored by your teammates. And Terrence Romeo stands out and nagiging go to guy pa ng SMB ngayon. Give credit when credit is due

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      Williams should take over.. I'm sure Chot knows this... I see Mikey can blow by the defense of Ross... Masyado lang nya nagaalangan because he has to be take backseat against the veterans.. I lost respect for Castro this time... He's been in the league for such long.. Even Chot was experience this during PHL vs Iran in 2007, That 1 tech foul is huge in a crucial game like this.... Chot should tame Castro and control his emotions... Or else, SMB still kick their ass again... Chot already outcoach Leo, But his players are think otherwise.. Nadadala ng emosyon...

Pag talo talo, and Mikey Williams is just playing scared. He’s not taking a backseat, ang dami rin tira niyan. And before the Pogoy foul on Lassiter, Williams missed a good three attempt. And in the ensuing play, while being down by three, the play was on him but he kicked it out to a center in Erram for 3 lol! Bolick, Romeo, Pringle or Prime Castro won’t even do that. Williams is good but not in the level yet of the aforementioned above, he is being exposed right now

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        Romeo is the best guard in the pba now but certainly at his stage of career is better to be load managed nowadays...

Pardon from my previous post, for now it’s still a toss up pala between Romeo and Pringle. Just for being the best guard.

But if we are talking about the best “Point” guard, it’s Robert Bolick, hands down

Comment

Let's see on Game 3.. He can capable to take over.. Maybe you should watch his ABL stint with Vietnam... He can capable to take over... Just like Parks last year, How can you take over if you have to think that this is not your team yet?
          Dude, wala ka pa sa IBN kilala na si Mikey Williams dito. He was the dream fantasy pg of most guys here for Gilas. Basically the Remy Martin before Remy Martin, and the ABL stint should not be the meter stick on how he can fare. It’s 3 games vs SMB if you include the eliminations, but he was just shut down basically by Ross. I don’t remember Romeo, Castro or Pringle struggling so badly against Ross before. Williams has good handles, quick crossover and great jump-shot. But the dude looks weak and soft when driving down the lane.

And just like Parks last year? You kidding me, you did not see how he dominated Phoenix and Abueva last semis? If averaging 27 ppg in the semis while dropping 40 plus, 26 piece in the elimination game 5, then I don’t know what’s the definition of taking over anymore

Comment

In short, In Tagalog... Ever since in his college days, "Makapal ang mukha" nya in this situation.. Remember in FEU days, There was RR Garcia who led the team, even won a MVP but later on, It's Terrence who been the main guy later part of their FEU days... PBA's version of "MAMBA mentality" ika nga....
            Romeo is just an elite talent, hated him before during his FEU days kasi bwakaw naman talaga noon and puro tira lang talaga. But watching him play now is like a painter doing some magic with his brush. Just pure artistry from the part of Terrence, not to exaggerate but mala Kyrie Irving din talaga yung play style.

I still think Romeo is our counterpart right now to the Guo Ailun, Wael Arakji and Tai Wesbter in Fiba asia oceania. But nope not gonna happen, dude is blacklisted from the National team

Comment

• Sabi nga nina ricky vrgas its gut check time for mickey if he deserve the pay he wants..hahah

Grandslam point guards from abarrientos to barroca are known to be great way players I can put ross on that list and castro as an exception( as he is an offensive dynamo) as being perpetual trophy winners
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/frauey/st...F6Rd7j-_Q&s=19

Lyn Olavario
                @frauey
                Meralco Coach Norman Black: Raymond Almazan is doubtful for game three. Our other bigs will have to step up and get the job done.
                @News5PH
                @OneSportsPHL
                @onenewsph

Comment

NLEX should be the better match up for Magnolia.. Not Meralco, They have better wings to have a match up against Abueva.. This Mags-Meralco series will be a one sided affair in favor of Magnolia... especially that Meralco are playing not 100% full roster, Health - wise...
                  And NLEX has a better offense, even without Kiefer. MERALCO, depensa lang.

Comment

• 3 PHXs cast offs are contributing in the semis. Abueva has been an xfactor for Mags as he was for them. Dave Marcelo and Heruela are contributing on defense and offense off the bench for TNT.

I maintain that dumping Abueva was a salary dump more than anything. Manuel probably has a smaller contract and for short term. And as I said before was an ill fit with Perk. With those 3 guys they would have probably been in the semis now.

Comment

• Walang ibang play tong SMB. Theyre just using their firepower to stay in this series. Puro one on one lang ang play. If it wasnt for that Lassiter gamewinner in game 2, 3-0 na sana to. TNT has led by atleast 15pts in all of the games they played in this series

Comment

• To anyone who watched the game, I have a few questions.

1. Did SMB zone? If they did (which they most certainly did), how did TNT counter?
                        2. How was the defense of TNT? Did they rotate to shooters, shut down lanes?

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          To anyone who watched the game, I have a few questions.

1. Did SMB zone? If they did (which they most certainly did), how did TNT counter?
                          2. How was the defense of TNT? Did they rotate to shooters, shut down lanes?
                          1. Nag zone sila majority of the game. pero nag man to man latter part na kung kailan tambak na. Good thing the TNT team was hitting their outside shots pangontra sa zone.

2. Yes, and double agad sa mga bigs especially JMF. which led to turnovers.

Comment

• JMF is a very huge defensive liability for SMB in this series. He can't defend the perimeter well to save his life. He's just too slow out there, it's frustrating. For every 2-pt FG he made, TNT made up for it with a 3, either from Rosario or Erram.

Comment

• The thing thats working for TNT when SMB is playing the zone is their players kept on moving around and not just waiting for the ball to go to them. Ang strategy kase lagi ng SMB is when they cant play good man to man D eh they resort into playing the zone, problem with teams eh they kept on trying to shoot the 3..Also with TNT, even when theyre playing defense they usually move around when defending the post, ang ending tuloy Junemar dont know where to pass the bal that usually result into turnover

Comment

I didn't watch the whole game because i need to sleep for my duty today, But i think SMB zone to cover up Junmar's weaknesses in perimeter.. But unfortunately, They don't have a answer on Erram's shooting in outside.. Junmar can't defend Erram in perimeter because he's to slow to defend perimeter.. That is his weaknesses all career long for him.. I don't know how SMB will counter that.. They can watch Iran's defensive pattern on how they hide Haddadi's weaknesses on perimeter.. But the other 4 should be aggressive on all aspects on defense.. Only Ross, Lassiter and maybe Perez are good perimeter defender guys.. They should be the one who will defend Erram to cover up Junmar.. But this strategy should cost all energy and they will give up most of their offense to have a energy on defense, Then also they need disciplined defense to make this things happen.. Can they do that?
                                Originally posted by Money View Post
                                1. Nag zone sila majority of the game. pero nag man to man latter part na kung kailan tambak na. Good thing the TNT team was hitting their outside shots pangontra sa zone.

2. Yes, and double agad sa mga bigs especially JMF. which led to turnovers.
                                Ayun, SMB zoned. Not a good defense against a team shooting 37% from 3 against them (although to be fair, TNT shot around 22% from 3 the past 2 games, making last game a bit of an anomaly). And TNT moved around.

SMB really need to change up their defensive strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information