No announcement yet.

2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think Northport will lose on purpose tomorrow so they stay 6th & play Magnolia.

If they win they move up to 5th & will have to play SMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herms View Post
      Anyone think Northport will lose on purpose tomorrow so they stay 6th & play Magnolia.

They match up better against smb though. Magnolia will tire out bolick and run blitz on slaughter. Abueva will hound malonzo

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        Walang pumapansin kay Oftana dito..not because of his so called shooting.. he is a tall 3..a legit 6'6.If not for Tnt asking for Mikey Yeng will let Calvin play for Tab..

Or shall I say napaganda dahil may competitive basketball..

I hope SBP and pba will push for 2nd conference
        His official PBA measurement is 6’ 5”, that’s barefoot and lying down if they haven’t changed their way of measuring players. Oftana’s been underrated all his career, basically because he plays without fanfare and he exudes a humble, silent demeanor. As long as he keeps on working on his game, his time on the spotlight would come.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Walang pumapansin kay Oftana dito..not because of his so called shooting.. he is a tall 3..a legit 6'6.If not for Tnt asking for Mikey Yeng will let Calvin play for Tab..

Oftana is the perfect back up 3 for Gilas. Low maintenance, has the size, the jack of all trades kind of player

Comment

• Originally posted by Herms View Post
            Anyone think Northport will lose on purpose tomorrow so they stay 6th & play Magnolia.

I know SMB thrives in this part of the conference, but they really look vulnerable now, all star lineup and all. That Alaska game was a testament to that.
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
              Oftana is the perfect back up 3 for Gilas. Low maintenance, has the size, the jack of all trades kind of player
              He now has a reliable step back 3. Just needs to work on his handles.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                I know SMB thrives in this part of the conference, but they really look vulnerable now, all star lineup and all. That Alaska game was a testament to that.
                Speaking of Alaska. They might be getting 2 out of top 5 picks in the upcoming draft. I guess they should just get rid of some of their fil foreign players for them to accomodate the incomimg rookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                  It is not the players but the coach itself. Not obvious because players wanted a win but the coach was obviously not.

I watched the SMB-Northport game as well and the last play in this game was kind of shady as well. Patay ang butiki kay Ferrer.
                  Northport had problems with their defense that led to the Arwind game winner. All of the NP players were lost on which player to defend. I think it was a broken play for SMB as well. Hmmm. Yup. Kinda shady for me as well.

So the Mags and SMB games were more winnable for me than the GSM one since it came of a miracle shot by C Stan

Comment

Well, prior to this game Oftana has hardly shown anything significant that would catch the attention of basketball fans. Yesterday's game was a breakout one for Oftana as far as his PBA career is concerned. Shooting 8/11 from 3-pt. range is just awesome. But prior to yesterday's game, Oftana has struggled on his 3-pt. shooting. Hope yesterday's game would be a start of his sterling performance which would be with more consistency. To be honest, I'm a fan of Oftana. I like his playing style, though sometimes he has the tendency to become a bit of a trigger-happy.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Well, prior to this game Oftana has hardly shown anything significant that would catch the attention of basketball fans. Yesterday's game was a breakout one for Oftana as far as his PBA career is concerned. Shooting 8/11 from 3-pt. range is just awesome. But prior to yesterday's game, Oftana has struggled on his 3-pt. shooting. Hope yesterday's game would be a start of his sterling performance which would be with more consistency. To be honest, I'm a fan of Oftana. I like his playing style, though sometimes he has the tendency to become a bit of a trigger-happy.
                      Yup even in Gilas we will not lool on his size and potential we will just look on his performance.. ibig sabihin some here wouldnt be more patient woth Calvin if he played straight in Gilas..

If theres a game that will measure Oftanas abilities not this game... it was a virtual scrimmage btw..imagine anjo caram hitting the same corner jumper over and over again thats how bad that game was
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Speaking of Oftana, I saw a One Sports post celebrating Oftana's PBA record. However, it also said that Oftana's a 'modern big.'

I also saw a Spin.ph pre-draft article which classified Will Navarro as a big.

Well, when the media's concept of positions is still traditional (as in, little, if ever, concept of small ball) and height-based (as in, 6'4" above is automatically a big, though not everyone shares this), this happens.

Comment

• Maybe the problem is his body right now is for a 3 but Yeng wants him at 4. Maybe he has to improve his handles to convince Yeng he can play the 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                            Maybe the problem is his body right now is for a 3 but Yeng wants him at 4. Maybe he has to improve his handles to convince Yeng he can play the 3.
                            And that's where the problem lies - we determine positions based on offense not on defense. For me, you are a natural guard or wingmen or 2 or 3 if you can defend the opposing team's 1, 2 and 3.

Navarro is a natural 3 because he can defend opposing team's guards and wings and the perimeter in general. Baltazar is a natural 4 simply because he can defend opposing team's forwards. Troy Rosario is not a natural 3 because he can't defend other team's opposing wings effectively.
                            Last edited by ja.he; 09-23-2021, 05:40 AM.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• Meralco still going to play for the W even though they’ve locked up the 2 seed?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                And that's where the problem lies - we determine positions based on offense not on defense. For me, you are a natural guard or wingmen or 2 or 3 if you can defend the opposing teams 1, 2 and 3.

Navarro is a natural 3 because he defend opposing team's guards and wings and the perimeter in general. Baltazar is a natural 4 simply because he can defend opposing team's forwards. Troy Rosario is not a natural 3 because he can't other teams opposing wings effectively.
                                Agree with this.

Not only Navarro can guard shooting guards & small forwards, he can also play as a natural small forward in offense which for me is his natural position. With regards to Oftana, I see some improvement in his ball handling specially looking at his drives/slashing moves to the lane. He had some nice drives in yesterday's game but perhaps got overshadowed by his prolific 3-pt. shooting.

In response to IPC about sports media, lets just take "some" opinions/comments/views of some sports media people with some grain of salt.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information