Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    lmao and robert bolick makes me look like an idiot with my rant against his long range threes. what a spectacular shot.

and another spectacular end-game substitution by pido to secure the L.
    You still had good reason for that rant, though. Long range threes are viable shots only for at least 36% shooters.

However, I think Bolick's 20-something percentage is more due to shot selection than due to accuracy. If he takes less bonehead shots, I see that going to 35, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    You still had good reason for that rant, though. Long range threes are viable shots only for at least 36% shooters.

However, I think Bolick's 20-something percentage is more due to shot selection than due to accuracy. If he takes less bonehead shots, I see that going to 35, at least.
    Hahaha thanks bro. But what the commentator (Carlo Pamintuan I think) said was also true. Bolick is really just a born winner. He can shoot 20% all game but I'd trust him to make a crucial shot.

Mind boggling why he was subbed out for the last play. It's not as if he's a terrible defender. Also, the coaching staff should've known that they didn't have any timeouts left to bring back Bolick in the event that SMB made a shot (which is what happened.)

I dont mind him taking those shots, if it means he'll drain them more consistently in the future, by all means. But yeah, the man has insane mental strength

SMB picked ice cold Onwubere who replaced adrenaline pumped Bolick for their final offensive play. If it was Bolick and Taha out there, either one could have covered Cabagnot better. This is the second Jarencio “boo boo” vs an SMC team in a span of what, 10 days?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post

And he trained that long shots... In NBA it's normal already that players hitting in logo area.. It makes defender confuse what he will do.. That shot of Bolick is a confidence shot, Even Ross can't defend because he doesn't know that Bolick will take from there.. If Bolick wait to milk that clock and take foe the final seconds to take it, I don't think Bolick will have a good look, especially Chris Ross was defending him all game long...

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    SMB picked ice cold Onwubere who replaced adrenaline pumped Bolick for their final offensive play. If it was Bolick and Taha out there, either one could have covered Cabagnot better. This is the second Jarencio “boo boo” vs an SMC team in a span of what, 10 days?
    I already tell here that This core of line up of Northport deserves a better coach and a better management.. If Alaska, ROS or Phoenix have this core, They will be a title contender.. If i were Chooks or Mighty Sports then i will buy this franchise and make them a competitive for a championship...

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    What do expect from Kots Leo?
    It was JF who wanted to eat rice not Kots Leo.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/h...-a795-20190310

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Hahaha thanks bro. But what the commentator (Carlo Pamintuan I think) said was also true. Bolick is really just a born winner. He can shoot 20% all game but I'd trust him to make a crucial shot.

Mind boggling why he was subbed out for the last play. It's not as if he's a terrible defender. Also, the coaching staff should've known that they didn't have any timeouts left to bring back Bolick in the event that SMB made a shot (which is what happened.)
    I think Bolick has that edge over Parks and Perez (his batchmates in 2018 PBA draft) when it comes to be the "MAN" of his team.. While the two high picks of 2018 have better talent and skills over him, But he has "alpha" mentality (Let's say Mamba mentality) that the other two has none..

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    It was JF who wanted to eat rice not Kots Leo.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/h...-a795-20190310
    But as a coach, he should also responsible to players' health..

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    Damn smbitch wins but Northport's got an awesome talent pool and Pido utilizes them well given the discrepancy in experience and chemistry compared to their opponent.
    Give this line up to Chot, Yeng, CTC, Tab or even young brilliant coaches likes of Ayo or Charles Tiu.. This core will get multiple championships.. This core deserves a better coach and better management...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Theyre a regular season team, no true go to guy on that squad that can score when things go rough.
    A Perez, Bolick or even Kiefer or Parks have with this line up then they will be competitive even in semis or finals...

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I know people will see that why. But it was a switch and Onwubere wasn't guarding Cabagnot, he was guarding Santos. Arwind set a screen for Cabagnot who was guarded by Taha, and all screen switch is the best strategy even in NBA with that much time left. Even if Bolick was there he will just be screen off.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    But as a coach, he should also responsible to players' health..
    When did that ever happen. We show health and weight issues even NBA. Even management put that in contract but it is still the players decision and no one else

Charles Tiu, Ronnie magsanoc, cholo Villanueva, Juno sauler are much better coaches than pido.

I know people will see that why. But it was a switch and Onwubere wasn't guarding Cabagnot, he was guarding Santos. Arwind set a screen for Cabagnot who was guarded by Taha, and all screen switch is the best strategy even in NBA with that much time left. Even if Bolick was there he will just be screen off.
    Then Pido should not sub Bolick over Onwubere.. Bolick has also good defense.. A line up of Bolick, Taha, Ferrer, Malonzo at Slaugther is much better defensive unit for coach Pido... Cabagnot and Bolick have same height naman and same speed (Or Bolick is faster than Cabagnot now)...

When did that ever happen. We show health and weight issues even NBA. Even management put that in contract but it is still the players decision and no one else
    I don't believe this. Let's face the facts. SMB won 5 straight AFCs with a heavy June Mar in the middle. June Mar is a good soldier. He will take the responsibility if he needs to be heavy. He will say what needs to be said and take the flak from coach and management. June Mar was not this heavy when he was a rookie. But for Kots Leo he needed to be an unstoppable force in the middle. And for that he needed to be around 280 lbs. The refs and his teammates can make up for his defensive weakness at that weight. He just had to be the center of the offense. He broke his leg because he played at a heavy weight with major minutes while at the same time trying moves for lighter players. Euro step was his favorite until he had a hairline fracture in his shin. He was always a strong rim runner on the break. And he broke his leg in such a move.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Then Pido should not sub Bolick over Onwubere.. Bolick has also good defense.. A line up of Bolick, Taha, Ferrer, Malonzo at Slaugther is much better defensive unit for coach Pido... Cabagnot and Bolick have same height naman and same speed (Or Bolick is faster than Cabagnot now)...
    As I said already and you can look it again.Taha is much better defender than Bolick, he was assign to Cabagnot. Arwind set a screen to switch the defenders. What would Bolick do in that scenario that will change the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    I don't believe this. Let's face the facts. SMB won 5 straight AFCs with a heavy June Mar in the middle. June Mar is a good soldier. He will take the responsibility if he needs to be heavy. He will say what needs to be said and take the flak from coach and management. June Mar was not this heavy when he was a rookie. But for Kots Leo he needed to be an unstoppable force in the middle. And for that he needed to be around 280 lbs. The refs and his teammates can make up for his defensive weakness at that weight. He just had to be the center of the offense. He broke his leg because he played at a heavy weight with major minutes while at the same time trying moves for lighter players. Euro step was his favorite until he had a hairline fracture in his shin. He was always a strong rim runner on the break. And he broke his leg in such a move.
    Do you have a link to prove that. I have a link that says otherwise? Ofcourse every olayers grows and add weight. Look at DI and Pingris as an examples

Do you have a link to prove that. I have a link that says otherwise? Ofcourse every olayers grows and add weight. Look at DI and Pingris as an examples
    A quote at the tail end of their streak in 2019? Where was this quote when June Mar lost the most weight in the 2016 OQT? June Mar was visibly faster defensively. But he could be moved in the paint. If he maintained that weight he would have continued on to be a better defender in Fiba. That Kazakhstan embarrassment might not have happened. But SMB would probably have not maintained their dominance in the AFC. The proof is in the pudding. June Mar already proved he was effective at a lesser weight in the Governor's cup in his rookie year. But this system required around a 10 deep rotation and a faster pace. Kots Leo needed a slower pace and had around 7 deep rotation for SMB's streak. June Mar can be effective at a lesser weight. But Kots Leo's system only works when June Mar is heavy and he plays around 36 mins a game. So who wanted that weight most June Mar, Kots Leo or Al Chua?

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    A quote at the tail end of their streak in 2019? Where was this quote when June Mar lost the most weight in the 2016 OQT? June Mar was visibly faster defensively. But he could be moved in the paint. If he maintained that weight he would have continued on to be a better defender in Fiba. That Kazakhstan embarrassment might not have happened. But SMB would probably have not maintained their dominance in the AFC. The proof is in the pudding. June Mar already proved he was effective at a lesser weight in the Governor's cup in his rookie year. But this system required around a 10 deep rotation and a faster pace. Kots Leo needed a slower pace and had around 7 deep rotation for SMB's streak. June Mar can be effective at a lesser weight. But Kots Leo's system only works when June Mar is heavy and he plays around 36 mins a game. So who wanted that weight most June Mar, Kots Leo or Al Chua?
    It already came out on JF mouth he wanted rice. If you want to dispute that he is lying in that interview go ahead show proof. All you have is an opinion against a known truth. If Kots Leo wants just an inside presence then he won't let Tautua shot threes. But that is not the case either. Where is the pudding there. . Unless you are a insider then its all speculations.

Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast