2022 FIBA asia cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    If Kouame is unavailable, why the hell did we naturalize him? Anyway if he is unavailable maybe Barefield can do the trick? Who knows? If he does well he then gets a Blatche like CBA contract then goodbye PBA hahaha
    Ateneo has to make a sacrifice. Kouame did play in the last qualifier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
      Ateneo has to make a sacrifice. Kouame did play in the last qualifier.
      Yeah I hope MVP sacrifices Kouame again, even permanently. I heard their backup import is good anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Thirdy, Dwight, Balti, Javi, Kouame, Heading, Navarro, Lopez, Mamu, Shaun, Arana, Parks, maybe Caelum. Then add Pogoy, Montalbo, Tungcab, Troy, and Erram as TNT reinforcements.

This roster looks like all we got. I hope the schools lend their players for Gilas.
        NGL. I am hoping for a better lineup than that

The only way for most fans and us here to somehow forget SEA Games Disaster is for Gilas to have a great perf in Fiba Asia Cup.

But sa players pa lang. We are struggling

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Coach Enzo said it e. In AJEF FB Group. I posted what he said in Gilas Senior thread

Try kaya natin Ncaa Players. Hahahhaa.

But I dont think there are good enough ncaa players e. Or maybe, I am just not paying attention
          I read your post. He did say "likely begin training by July," meaning it's only a possibility, not set in stone. And it could mean in the middle of July, so we can call on the schools to ask for the players. The players could also return and their teams could still be in the middle of training, so just some catching up.

Call them, it's worth a shot.

As part of the UP community, I'm ready for the school to sacrifice Carl and maybe CJ. I only hope the team feels the same. It could be a good experience for them.

Comment

I read your post. He did say "likely begin training by July," meaning it's only a possibility, not set in stone. And it could mean in the middle of July, so we can call on the schools to ask for the players. The players could also return and their teams could still be in the middle of training, so just some catching up.

Call them, it's worth a shot.
            Yeah. Hopefully IPC

As a UP Fan, U are more than willing to lend tamayo right? Haha

Comment

Yeah. Hopefully IPC

As a UP Fan, U are more than willing to lend tamayo right? Haha
              I edited the post you're replying to. I clearly am. Country over club.

The question is, will the team's top brass feel the same?

Comment

NGL. I am hoping for a better lineup than that

The only way for most fans and us here to somehow forget SEA Games Disaster is for Gilas to have a great perf in Fiba Asia Cup.

But sa players pa lang. We are struggling
                But these are the players we have. Kai is the only guy missing from the Korea beating team. This team did decently in the Abdullah cup. Erram and Arrana will be an improvement over Chiu.

This is what an actual development program means. You get guys with potential give them training and exposure and hope it pays off. It is not a guaranteed thing.

We have been too spoiled with Blatche. We always expect instant results. But a real development program means growing pains. Indo had to endure 3 years of questions if they can make it to the World cup. Only now with the good development of DMX that they are beginning to see results.

Comment

• College Players I want to try out

Ateneo- Ange, Dave, SJ
                  DLSU- KQ
                  FEU- RJ
                  Letran- Rhenz
                  UP- Carl, CJ

Without College players, I dont mind going BLeague plus PBA draftees plus u17-18

PF/C- Balti/Tratter/Kobe/Arana/Harris/Mahmoud/Carino
                  SG/SF- BRP/Dwight/Heading/Thirdy/Javi/Mamu
                  PG- Barefield/Panopio/1GDL

Dont except much from such a lineup but maybe height wont be that much an issue?

EDIT: Will and Francis
                  Last edited by Sikatrix; 05-23-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

College Players I want to try out

Ateneo- Ange, Dave, SJ
                    DLSU- KQ
                    FEU- RJ
                    Letran- Rhenz
                    UP- Carl, CJ

Without College players, I dont mind going BLeague plus PBA draftees plus u17-18

Dont except much from such a lineup but maybe height wont be that much an issue?
                    i'll add xyrus torres from FEU to that list. Lastimosa of ADU too.

Comment

• Assuming the UAAP and B league guys are available this is my 12.
                      1. Kouame C
                      2. Erram PF/C
                      3. Arrana PF
                      4. Balti PF/SF
                      5. Carl PF
                      6. Navarro SF
                      7. Ramos SF/SG
                      8. Idelfonso SF/SG
                      9. Heading SG
                      10. Thirdy SF/SG
                      11. SJ PG
                      12 J Lastimosa PG

My alternates are:
                      Spencer
                      Lopez
                      Chiu
                      RJ

I would try out a bigger pool. I will have a core of around 8 and change 2 to 4 players each game.

Comment

• If the UAAP guys aren't available, then here's mine:

Guards: Mamu, Thirdy, Heading, Dwight, Tungcab
                        Wings: Lopez, Navarro, Javi
                        Forwards: Balti
                        Bigs: Erram, Arana

12th man is a toss-up between Caelum and maybe Mahmood, while we have Pogoy and Troy as alternates.

Comment

College Players I want to try out

Ateneo- Ange, Dave, SJ
                          DLSU- KQ
                          FEU- RJ
                          Letran- Rhenz
                          UP- Carl, CJ

EDIT: Will and Francis
                          Those college players should be called up NOW, if Gilas wants them. Just promise to make them catch up in the training after the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                            i'll add xyrus torres from FEU to that list. Lastimosa of ADU too.
                            oh yeah, ambohot from letran too!

Comment

Those college players should be called up NOW, if Gilas wants them. Just promise to make them catch up in the training after the tournament.
                              It’s Chot. He’s going to use his favorite toys as usual: Japeth and Junemar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                                But these are the players we have. Kai is the only guy missing from the Korea beating team. This team did decently in the Abdullah cup. Erram and Arrana will be an improvement over Chiu.

This is what an actual development program means. You get guys with potential give them training and exposure and hope it pays off. It is not a guaranteed thing.

We have been too spoiled with Blatche. We always expect instant results. But a real development program means growing pains. Indo had to endure 3 years of questions if they can make it to the World cup. Only now with the good development of DMX that they are beginning to see results.
                                Kai is a big piece

But yeah. If they are the one available. No choice, but to develop them

I think they will perfrom better if they will have more perf.Like what they did to korea.

I mean 2023 is next year, and we are the host. so we kinda rushing things.

But I am good for development.

Anyway, That lineup have more than Gilas Team A naman than our SEA Games Team

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information