• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaiju
    Win what exactly?
    Come on don't you have good sense of humor

Comment

• If height is basis of match ups, isn't China even bigger than team USA or other top 10 world teams LOL?

Comment

Gilas couldn't even beat Indonesia a few days ago.

Now you are saying they can possibly beat the NBL Boomers?
        While I agree that the Boomers will win 100/100 games, the Gilas loss to Indonesia was due to poor tactics, especially on defense and substitutions, which I complained about a lot.

Furthermore, that lineup wasn't Gilas' best. Again, I'm agreeing that Aussie will still win against Gilas' best 100 out of 100 times. Just that, it is what it is.

Anyways, you think a Tab-coached team would be able to keep a closer margin against the Aussies, or would it be a 20-point loss?

Comment

The level of players really is at a different level.

Zero players on that Gilas squad would crack a rotation in the NBL.

I thought it was hilarious during the NBL season when many on here would shit on McCarron and Sunday Dech and claim Kiefer was a superior player.

To answer your TAB question, If the Zen master Phil Jackson were too take this Gilas Squad for a 6 month training camp in the Himalayas they would still lose to the NBL Boomers by 20+ points.
          Yeah, I prefer Tab's Gilas squad better, the June to August 2021 one. Talent could better compete in a FIBA setting, and the players could still be trained there, given their relative youth. Of course, that's in addition to the system. This squad, on the other hand isn't exactly the best for international play, just fit for the PBA. Wright, Pogoy, Montalbo, Troy?

Wait, Kiefer superior to Dech and McCarron? People actually said that? Sorry, I don't go to the NBL thread that much, only during Adelaide games that I watched.
          Last edited by IPC; 05-25-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Tabs squad actually had some sort of functioning offense and a resemblance of defensive identity.

The Chot SEA games team was an eyesore to watch against low level competition.

Kiefer might be doing decently in the Japan League and PBA but might never translate over to the FIBA level. First time I watched Kiefer play was the 2019 World Cup and boy was he trash then. Watching the SEA games I didn't really see any major improvements. Low IQ fat stumpy point guard who loves to brick shots.
            Kiefer runs perfect PnR, evident in his games in Japan, even in SEAgames, i think Gilas 2 made 3's were because of his outlet passes, but what i cant gets is why his Shiga teams weren't winning. Kiefer has a tendency to heroball and no sureball 3s, which is correct. But in fairness to the Kiefer in SEAgames, the ball wasnt with him, but with Wright, and was actually demoted team hierarchy-wise.

dont get me wrong, hated it that Kiefer was included in WC2019, thats not meritocracy at all, it's nepotism at its best.

Comment

Tabs squad actually had some sort of functioning offense and a resemblance of defensive identity.

The Chot SEA games team was an eyesore to watch against low level competition.

Kiefer might be doing decently in the Japan League and PBA but might never translate over to the FIBA level. First time I watched Kiefer play was the 2019 World Cup and boy was he trash then. Watching the SEA games I didn't really see any major improvements. Low IQ fat stumpy point guard who loves to brick shots.
              That resemblance of defensive identity was what I appreciated about Tab's squad, and what I want Gilas to build for years to come, from the youth team setting. They made an effort to rotate to the Korean shooters, forcing them off-rhythm. Defense will compensate for lack of talent.

And, eyesore, man, I dunno if 'eyesore' is enough to describe it. Like I said, poor defense, which again I complained about plenty, and that crap bit us in the ass against Indonesia. Worst part of that was, the better team defenders were on the bench that game. Well, Tab had Dwight, Navarro, Mike Nieto, Kouame, Baltazar, and even friggin' Isaac Go as team defenders. This squad had Navarro and Lopez as good team defenders, but they weren't used due to more focus on the 'more reliable' players, which were, as it turns out, 'good' offensive players.

Comment

• Any updates on Gilas practicing or the players in our projected teams?

Comment

• SJ is quicker and has more basketabll instincts than keifer at this point in time.. di pwede 2 undersized point guards

Thirdy is a wildcard he will ahve his way with the etam as longa s he shoot his free throws energy bench guy for us

Lebron might not be a long shot if he does have a developmental leap in 2023 ala DMX..

That's 3 guys plus Pogoy and Rosario (yes they underachieve but they are good enough for warm body minutes) worth considering for next years lineup..

Kai
                  Dwight
                  Heading
                  SJ

thats 9..10th can be for Angge or Clarkson

We will see in Asia cup who will get 11th and 12th..

Sabihin ko na problem 1 year before 2023 but we stilll dont have the core, some say the 2021 should be the core but tab got booted out so halos kumahog si Chot to assemble lineup due to their availability..
                  Last edited by reamily; 05-25-2022, 09:13 AM.
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                    Chot made kiefer a spot up shooter, he think Wright is a better DDO pg. Kief is good playmaker on a PNR. plays.
                    So Kiefer can shoot jump shots, drive, layup or pass. When they play zone, he should hit 3-pointers.

Comment

LOL SJ.. A big no! Just a waste of roster spot, cant defend bigger and athletic guards and he will not pass to kai even if his life depend on it. I
                      He is much quicker than kief..and knows to fish fouls..but neverthless if there is a taller purer pg l will go for that guy kaso 1 year na lang and we might be in the point where we will have to choose between the two

Pero ray of light sa sistema ni chot he will make bolick dwight thirdy and jordan clarkson 1 and initiate offense so baka mag ala montalbo role na lang si sj or kiefer..

Sumama ba si pingris sa vietnam?
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Chot made kiefer a spot up shooter, he think Wright is a better DDO pg. Kief is good playmaker on a PNR. plays.
                        Agree, a shooter(Wright) that became a Chris Paul wannabe and a good playmaker(Kiefer) that Choke Reyes made into a spot up shooter.

Comment

• Chot interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6iUESnTn0

Chot said that he's gonna bring along UAAP and NCAA players for the Asia Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                            Chot interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6iUESnTn0

key word: *bring*

doesn't necessarily mean he will play them. gotta save those minutes for the big 3: pogoy, troy, and KIB

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              Chot interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6iUESnTn0

Kib, Pogoy, and Wright will still hog more minutes. The idiot will never learn.

Comment

"I serve at the pleasure of the SBP,” Reyes said. “I did not apply nor volunteered for this job, I was appointed.”

He added: “I don’t work for the bashers or for the haters. My mandate is to prepare the best team for the World Cup 2023.”

What a thick face
                                Oh I thought winning the gold on SEAG was the goal? That's why he benched all the young guys in favor of his trusted players?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information