Page 85 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2261

Thread: 2022 FIBA asia cup

Sir Dave/D'Admiral, I am planning to assemble a team to compete in the age-group in the tournament in my village next year. What is your advice? Thanks.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Sir Dave/D'Admiral, I am planning to assemble a team to compete in the age-group in the tournament in my village next year. What is your advice? Thanks.
    I'm assuming as many Filipinos are the players available are competent ball handlers and can drive..? As maligned as the Dribble drive offense is , it's actually a very good individual development system, additionally it's a read and react system ( so both relatviely doable to apply and develops IQ read and react. ) on defense i know zone will be more effective , but for individual defense development play man to man , or shell defense. Just have rule , such as don't give the middle on drives.. keep it simple and let the boys enjoy. oh , everyone gets to handle the ball and also play off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Big pressure for New Zealand to lose at home.

PG Shea Ili 6'0"
    SG Corey Webster 6'2"
    SF Thomas Abercrombie 6'6"
    PF Finn Delaney 6'7"
    C Samuel Timmins 6'11"

Philippines can match-up and possibly win.
    In this case it's not the size that is the difference, but the overall skill set.. (obviously includes mobility, athelticisim and strength , it's most visible on the defensive end). Aside from Timmins all 4 have played in NBA summer league and have workouts with NBA teams to given you an idea of the the level

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I'm assuming as many Filipinos are the players available are competent ball handlers and can drive..? As maligned as the Dribble drive offense is , it's actually a very good individual development system, additionally it's a read and react system ( so both relatviely doable to apply and develops IQ read and react. ) on defense i know zone will be more effective , but for individual defense development play man to man , or shell defense. Just have rule , such as don't give the middle on drives.. keep it simple and let the boys enjoy. oh , everyone gets to handle the ball and also play off the ball.
    thanks for the advice. i will try to further study this.

my problem now is personnel/players. haha
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

thanks for the advice. i will try to further study this.

my problem now is personnel/players. haha
    Recruit 6'4+ above players and train them to play face up and in perimeter. Lmao

My kuya tried out at Mapua varsity when Coach Joel Banal was there. He is 5'9" plays power forward and his ME team has beaten Coach Chito Victolero's CE at intrams. He was asked to bring down the ball, he cannot so he was cut. Basically you let them play until good players stand out and you pick them.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Recruit 6'4+ above players and train them to play face up and in perimeter. Lmao
    i can actually do that. if I have a good amount of money, i will find decent of talents in my father's hometown Bicol. there are many tall youngsters there that plays volleyball and basketball.

i can assemble a tall team from that purok alone. hehe
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    I trust Snow for the most part. Sometimes I think his sources are lying to him but I think his sources are legit people. That being said its only talks. Nothing certain yet.
    Snow source is his colleagues that work in these companies... he was also tge messenger of the powers that be in smc
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Probably a bad time to start fresh but better if that Nenad guy handles the team onwards with some collegiate coaches as assistants. The best IMO would be SMC to take over and make Jimmy Alapag the Coach but we know that will never happen so we should just use what's readily available.

Btw guys do anyone of you know how to change the username here in this forum. I would like to change my name to "BoySikip"

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote49 View Post
    Probably a bad time to start fresh but better if that Nenad guy handles the team onwards with some collegiate coaches as assistants. The best IMO would be SMC to take over and make Jimmy Alapag the Coach but we know that will never happen so we should just use what's readily available.

Btw guys do anyone of you know how to change the username here in this forum. I would like to change my name to "BoySikip"
    I'd like to change username here too, so I'm asking the same question.

TAB IS BACK

Edit: I finished watching the premiere. Snow's title was somewhat clickbait (Nothing confirmed), but he did claim that Chot is completely gone.
    Last edited by Stevy; 05-24-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    TAB IS BACK

Seriously???

Maybe rumors

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Seriously???
    It's just speculation on his part based on his sources but nothing factual yet.

Exactly, a clickbait title from Snow. Tsk.

Yeah.

But a part of me is hoping that sbp silence means coach chot will be replaced.

Coach Chot can be program director. Focus on recruiting Int players. Haha

Based on the bracketing, Indonesia has a chance to beat Saudi Arabia, unless the Saudis shoot incredibly from deep. Saudi is not for their shooting but for their peskiness. For me, it's 60/40 in favor of Saudi. The way for Saudi to beat Indonesia is to bother the latter's guards and its wings. Let Bolden and DMX, do their thing but lock everyone. I don't see Indonesia beating Jordan because, you know, Jordanians are hefty and quite tall and they have more perimeter game. Also, Jordanians love to play physical against smaller teams.

If Indonesia, somehow, manages to barge into the knockout phase, they are going to face South Korea or China. They need a combination of luck, fantastic shooting and 101% defensive effort there.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Based on the bracketing, Indonesia has a chance to beat Saudi Arabia, unless the Saudis shoot incredibly from deep. Saudi is not for their shooting but for their peskiness. For me, it's 60/40 in favor of Saudi. The way for Saudi to beat Indonesia is to bother the latter's guards and its wings. Let Bolden and DMX, do their thing but lock everyone. I don't see Indonesia beating Jordan because, you know, Jordanians are hefty and quite tall and they have more perimeter game. Also, Jordanians love to play physical against smaller teams.

If Indonesia, somehow, manages to barge into the knockout phase, they are going to face South Korea or China. They need a combination of luck, fantastic shooting and 101% defensive effort there.
    So it’s small chance they could place 8th or higher?
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    So it’s small chance they could place 8th or higher?
    Given their possible opponents in the knockout match? No chance. Korea, with its failed bid to qualify in the next year's world cup, will definitely try to redeem itself. Against China? Asa. Hehe
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

It sucks for Indonesia. If they are 3rd, they will likely face a motivated Korea. Surely, they have to beat Jordan. I won't be surprised if there is Chinese-style home cooking against Jordan. That way, they finish behind the Boomers and face either Taiwan or Bahrain for the QF spot, with whom they have a chance.

Korean draft prospect Hyunjung Lee is apparently gonna play. What are the odds Kai plays? Depends if it helps his draft stock I guess since its basically non bearing for us.

Page 85 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast