Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FIBA asia cup

^
    I thought it was because he needed to meet Adelaide commitments ?

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    ^
    I think it is just a reason only.. Kai was said before that he will commit to Gilas until August.. Just before Delta variant spread in Jakarta.. But it changes everything when it spread out the Delta variant there.. It just only a wise decision for Kai to declined, days before the postponement.. SBP put him already in 20 man pool for could be next month's FIBA Asia..

https://www.nzbreakers.basketball/players

For the Asia cup NZ should just send it's 8 players who train full time together , ( the Breakers) , BTW the Tall Blacks head coaching role is open
    https://nz.basketball/new-cycle-sees...-applications/
    Breakers Shamir should just take the role

BTW 2 of the Breakers foreign players are in the 2022 NBA mock drafts Hugo and Dieng

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...sza17EId-HFlsc

Their 2nd import , ex NBA player is of pacific island heritage..

exciting time for the Breakers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    ^
    yes it was. but not that adelaide needs him asap.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    yes it was. but not that adelaide needs him asap.
    I see him play sana this month if not for postponement.. He stays here after their OQT stint waiting if FIBA Asia cup will be held... Unfortunately.. It could be his best opportunity to prove his team Adelaide his worth as solid rotation player.. But anyway, Goodluck on his NBL stint...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    With that line up, I see this team will end up 7th to 8th place.. We're damn lucky that the tournament was postponed...
    yah, sure QFs but after that, any win will be an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    I'm surprised that guam will host their two game showdown vs Taipei... Will Jericho Cruz play? This is the biggest game for Guam's basketball... Will nlex allow him.. suspended pa Naman PBA as of now eh...

While I'm not surprised that Jeddah will host.. they hosting numerous 3x3 matches.. they are heavily favorites to get the spot.. they gained experience on that Abdullah cup stint..

I'm surprised that guam will host their two game showdown vs Taipei... Will Jericho Cruz play? This is the biggest game for Guam's basketball... Will nlex allow him.. suspended pa Naman PBA as of now eh...
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...a2437-20210803

While I'm not surprised that Jeddah will host.. they hosting numerous 3x3 matches.. they are heavily favorites to get the spot.. they gained experience on that Abdullah cup stint..
    They played against undoubtedly the better teams (Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Philippines) compared to the teams they will actually face in the third-plcers' battle (India and Palestine).

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    How many courts are there in Guam? I will be surprised if there are many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    How many courts are there in Guam? I will be surprised if there are many of them.
    I think Guam has more court/Arenas.. Especially that most of their population are Filipino or American blood that basketball is their popular choice.. They have also a minor league there even they are small island.. After American football, Basketball is already their 2nd favorite sport...

https://www.guamsportsnetwork.com/20...ite-pro-teams/

Maybe they will play in the court who they played in 1st window match up vs NZL..

I think Guam has more court/Arenas.. Especially that most of their population are Filipino or American blood that basketball is their popular choice.. They have also a minor league there even they are small island.. After American football, Basketball is already their 2nd favorite sport...

https://www.guamsportsnetwork.com/20...ite-pro-teams/

Maybe they will play in the court who they played in 1st window match up vs NZL..
    No, the match between Guam and the Tall Blacks was played in Yigo. This year's games between Guam and Chinese-Taipei will be held in Mangilao. I am curious what the court there looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    No, the match between Guam and the Tall Blacks was played in Yigo. This year's games between Guam and Chinese-Taipei will be held in Mangilao. I am curious what the court there looks like.
    Univ. of Guam is in Mangilao.. Maybe they will use their gymnasium.. One of big schools in Guam..

https://www.husseyasiapacific.com/uni-of-guam

What about Dammam? I know many American expats who used to live there and said the place has excellent sports facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by sroth3839 View Post
    What about Dammam? I know many American expats who used to live there and said the place has excellent sports facilities.
    They have no basketball arena in Dammam.. Jeddah and Riyadh are only cities here have basketball gymnasium/arena..

Dumb take, but we have been undefeated against Asian teams when wearing our new Philippine Nike Jerseys. 3-0 Baby HAHAHAHA, BS aside. We have got 11 months to prepare for the Asia Cup and 3 months until the November qualifying window. If the SBP plans to join pocket tournaments against African teams, I think it is too late unless they fly with the same roster immediately because Afrobasket will start on the 24th. Hoping to see some questions answered soon in a press conference or an interview with Tab will suffice. So many questions to answer, like Vucinic's role? Expanding the pool? Will they join the PBA? Nothing to look forward to this month but interviews with coaches/players and Manny's fight with Spence. The month of August will probably be a month of planning for the SBP. I hope that they can also use this month to have fruitful talks with San Miguel/PBA.

Just like gilas, rest muna for me from Gilas news. Let us hope and pray for a healthy and strong line up for Fiba Asia cup next year and onwards to WC 2023. Hopefully Kai will be stronger , and Kobe Paras is much improve and also Lebron Lopez.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-04-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The next FIBA tournament/game/window would be the 1st window of the 2023 World Cup qualifiers which is tentatively in November. That's 3 months from now. I don't know what SBP & coach Tab have in mind about Gilas in the next 3 months. Would Gilas play in the PBA Commissioner's Cup or would it prefer a training camp (with tune-up games) abroad?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast