No announcement yet.

2022 FIBA asia cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next move for the team is probably more bubbles and expanding the pool, they will also possibly join pocket tournaments of Africans for the Afrobasket if there are any and maybe a few tune-ups with the third round Asian teams. I think PBA games at this point is basically a guarantee but I am not sure if they will join the 2nd conference or have 6-7 games only. Would be nice if they can also play Belgium, Finland, and Hungary like Japan did. Interesting to see what the SBP will do in the next 13 weeks until November.

Comment

• No choice but to play in PBA for training and conditioning. But it must not be an exhibition game, but they should be included in the standing and PBA championship.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
        Actually the 2023 World cup happening as scheduled isn't a sure thing..
        this will mess up the 2024 Olympics since the WC is the qualifier , they should just push everything back by 1-2 years just to synchronize the calendars

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
          No choice but to play in PBA for training and conditioning. But it must not be an exhibition game, but they should be included in the standing and PBA championship.
          and hopefully the PBA plays FIBA rules!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            and hopefully the PBA plays FIBA rules!

I hope so and no height limit on imports for better competition.
            sigpic

Comment

• If there are no spectators then it does not matter , what matters more in the facility is a bubble and the entry travel.

Additionally it's not the whole country situation that determines the situation, but the specific city and if borders can be imposed . Example an island ..

Comment

• after a total of 12 official games (qualifiers, OQT, jordan cup), these are my final 12 for d asia cup if it was not rescheduled.

1. kouame
                2. chiu
                3. go
                4. tamayo
                5. baltazar
                6. navarro
                7. ramos
                8. ravena
                9. suerte
                10. heading
                11. belangel
                12. abarrientos

tab would most likely pick matt nieto and dave ildefonso over rj and rey.

Comment

• For exposure sake for further preparation ( which is really the only value of the Asia cup , especially for Gilas), it is indeed better that it is held next July 2022, one year before the 2023 World cup. hopefully the players for 2023, will be filtered down more by 2022 July, to actually prepare more players who will actually play in 2023

Comment

• ^
                    I thought it was because he needed to meet Adelaide commitments ?

Comment

• For the Asia cup NZ should just send it's 8 players who train full time together , ( the Breakers) , BTW the Tall Blacks head coaching role is open
                      The postponement of the Asia Cup and the start of the FIBA World Cup cycle, commencing in November, has signalled the end of one high performance cycle and ...

Breakers Shamir should just take the role

BTW 2 of the Breakers foreign players are in the 2022 NBA mock drafts Hugo and Dieng

Their 2nd import , ex NBA player is of pacific island heritage..

exciting time for the Breakers

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                        ^
                        I thought it was because he needed to meet Adelaide commitments ?
                        yes it was. but not that adelaide needs him asap.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                          With that line up, I see this team will end up 7th to 8th place.. We're damn lucky that the tournament was postponed...
                          yah, sure QFs but after that, any win will be an upset.

Comment

• Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised that guam will host their two game showdown vs Taipei... Will Jericho Cruz play? This is the biggest game for Guam's basketball... Will nlex allow him.. suspended pa Naman PBA as of now eh...
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

While I'm not surprised that Jeddah will host.. they hosting numerous 3x3 matches.. they are heavily favorites to get the spot.. they gained experience on that Abdullah cup stint..
                                They played against undoubtedly the better teams (Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Philippines) compared to the teams they will actually face in the third-plcers' battle (India and Palestine).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information