Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    agree. chinese big fanbo zheng signed up with d pacers (perhaps summer league or exhibit 10) recently.

and he was signed despite a measly 4 pt,1 reb stat (13 mins/game) in gleague with ignite.
    If not for that ignite fiasco....Kai and his camp wanted more, he doesnt want to get exhibit 10 contracts. He got what he wanted adelaide which is good playing time. Something nba teams cant give to him even in g league. But it comes with a hefty price, a wrong decision or a chain of it will make you black listed.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      If not for that ignite fiasco....Kai and his camp wanted more, he doesnt want to get exhibit 10 contracts. He got what he wanted adelaide which is good playing time. Something nba teams cant give to him even in g league. But it comes with a hefty price, a wrong decision or a chain of it will make you black listed.
      in d future, kai could still become what he thinks he is capable of. but for now, he is more of a watanabe than a hachimura. he should eat his pride and take d best of whatever nba opportunities are offered.

an exhibit 10 deal that can lead to an nba training camp invite will be great for his pro career and personal development. and it will cascade to his gilas and nbl games.

as a young prospect, a summer league stint will also still help him improve as a player while gaining traction with nba scouts.

his agent is doing him a disservice with all those stupid press announcements.

Comment

• Guys, Assuming Kai will not play for Gilas. And will play for Summer League.

What do you think are the current offers?

Kinda prediction too. Pero, malalaman agad natin in a week.

1. Two Way (like RHJ)

2. Summer League Invite

3. Exhibit 10

Personally, I am hoping for a Two Way. But kinda expecting more of an Summer League invite

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Guys, Assuming Kai will not play for Gilas. And will play for Summer League.

What do you think are the current offers?

Kinda prediction too. Pero, malalaman agad natin in a week.

1. Two Way (like RHJ)

2. Summer League Invite

3. Exhibit 10

Personally, I am hoping for a Two Way. But kinda expecting more of an Summer League invite
          a summer league invite is ray parks-level and even that seems blur at present (parks was invited like a day after the draft).

a good showing tho in d summer league can lead to a training camp invite or even a two-way contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            Not that way... If we put this way then NBA already called up likes of Romeo and Castro because they are played good in 2016 OQT against France, who have multiple NBA players... It should be that he needs to be physical and mentally ready... I don't see it for Kai as of the moment... Forget Summer League for now... He's not ready for it.. He's 20, he has more playing years to be noticed... I'm afraid that if he forced to play right now in Summer League, he will be more demoralized because he will not getting opportunities there....
            Maybe you're right, but I'm only thinking talent-wise...I watched Yeshkel's video a few minutes ago, don't tell me all the big men drafted in the first round fit in the "switchability" metagame of the NBA. That's not true. That's just what the top teams do except for the Cavs who choose to draft length, 76ers, Suns (for now), Mavs, and Nuggets doing drop. I still disagree with their decision not to draft Kai, but that doesn't mean I don't respect it. Magkaiba lang talaga opinion ko sa kanila, and in my opinion talent-wise Kai is head and shoulders above this current crop of big men.

I mean, what meaningful games has Bol Bol played ever since he got drafted? I wouldn't mind Kai getting the same treatment so as long as he gets into the league. Bonus na rin yan sa atin because Gilas will work him as soon as he goes back home anyway. That's just me.

If we're thinking of a rotation big, if that is the desire, then I agree malayo pa si Kai diyan. That's not an issue. But imo Kai will grow instead of being demoralized kahit paulit2x ang talo because he's in the NBA/Summer League, not languishing at home running Triangle with Tim Cone.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
              Maybe you're right, but I'm only thinking talent-wise...I watched Yeshkel's video a few minutes ago, don't tell me all the big men drafted in the first round fit in the "switchability" metagame of the NBA. That's not true. That's just what the top teams do except for the Cavs who choose to draft length, 76ers, Suns (for now), Mavs, and Nuggets doing drop. I still disagree with their decision not to draft Kai, but that doesn't mean I don't respect it. Magkaiba lang talaga opinion ko sa kanila, and in my opinion talent-wise Kai is head and shoulders above this current crop of big men.

I mean, what meaningful games has Bol Bol played ever since he got drafted? I wouldn't mind Kai getting the same treatment so as long as he gets into the league. Bonus na rin yan sa atin because Gilas will work him as soon as he goes back home anyway. That's just me.

If we're thinking of a rotation big, if that is the desire, then I agree malayo pa si Kai diyan. That's not an issue. But imo Kai will grow instead of being demoralized kahit paulit2x ang talo because he's in the NBA/Summer League, not languishing at home running Triangle with Tim Cone.
              yes. d top notch training that he will get from d summer league will contribute to his development, with or without minutes. if he has an offer, he should take it.

besides, there are scouts and coaches from other foreign leagues who typically look for imports in summer leagues so there's a chance he can be noticed and get offers that are better for his career and development (as opposed to returning to nbl).

i hope miami, sacramento, or dallas gives him a chance.

Comment

• Abando's now open to playing overseas: https://tbti.me/s22g0n

So, did Boss greenlight him?

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                  a summer league invite is ray parks-level and even that seems blur at present (parks was invited like a day after the draft).

a good showing tho in d summer league can lead to a training camp invite or even a two-way contract.
                  No evidence yet for sure.

But I think there are already summer league invites.

As usual, buzzer beater decisions in Kai's camp.

Yeah, hopefully Kai can perform well in summer league

Comment

• There is no Gilas practice in Manila until July 2.

It's any players dream to actually wear an NBA jersey and play in an under an official NBA game , even simmer league.

Practicing with the summer league team and playing official games for 2 weeks , is certainly every ballers dream.

Comment

• Here’s what one scout wrote after seeing Kai Sotto work out for one team.

”Lateral movement is a problem. And because of that his body does not equate to the NBA game.”

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        Then how Haddadi goes to the Olympics w/o winning in the FIBA Asia title... Common sense please!!!!!
                        That's a totally different thing. And don't preach to me about common sense. Also, please fix your grammar; your posts are really a pain to read.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Firm View Post
                          That's a totally different thing. And don't preach to me about common sense. Also, please fix your grammar; your posts are really a pain to read.
                          I think that generation of Iran players are.good enough to qualify to the Olympics even w/o Hadadi though this is another argument all together. Anyway playing and dominating in The FIBA Asia cup could be considered fools gold, especially due to the lack of competition, there's a reason why FIBA asia legends like Fadi el khatib never made it to the NBA. Further, this is also the reason why Asia (sans oceania), only gets a token slot for the olympics

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                            Here’s what one scout wrote after seeing Kai Sotto work out for one team.

”Lateral movement is a problem. And because of that his body does not equate to the NBA game.”

https://twitter.com/homersayson/stat...5RBDstZip8B4zw
                            So much for Kai eating Chet alive. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              Abando's now open to playing overseas: https://tbti.me/s22g0n

So, did Boss greenlight him?
                              Top pick probably belongs to the other empire's farm team. LOL

LG Sakers, the team that tried to signed Abando, moved on and signed Gutang... now what? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                                So much for Kai eating Chet alive. LOL
                                kai and fanbo both did workouts with d pacers and fanbo at least got an exhibit 10 deal from indiana.

whatever, i still believe that kai will be an nba player. if not sooner, later is better than never.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information