Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2245

Thread: Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

  1. #1421
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Snow rumor: 3 B.League teams are interested in Japeth Aguilar with a nice 3 year contract. According to his source, Japeth wants to go there because of that contract.

    1st year: $40,000 (almost PHP2,000,000)/month
    2nd year: $55,000 (PHP 2,789,000)/month
    3rd year: $70,000 (Php 3,549,700)/month (if he stays consistent)

    However, a big boss in SMC says they won't suffer the same as TNT when negotiations with Parks broke down, leading to Parks leaving the team.
    Yupthey willing to pay that much for japeth to play quality 15 minutes per game..thats how rich they are
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #1422
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,606
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Keifer has 1 assist while his opponent Suzuki with 16 assists and 20 points. Keifer made 6 points only.
    Yeah. And that 2 missed freethrows at endgame by Kiefer would not speak well of his character. Good thing Shiga still won a nail-biter of a game.

    A real ugly game for Kiefer, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  3. #1423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Yeah. And that 2 missed freethrows at endgame by Kiefer would not speak well of his character. Good thing Shiga still won a nail-biter of a game.

    A real ugly game for Kiefer, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.
    No offense to Japan local players.

    But I think our local players are better than their local players. (except anomalies like watanabe, hachimura, and baba)

    our players are better handlers, better drivers, and probably better shooters.

    Yet, B league is lights ahead from pba in terms of development.

    The mere fact that japan is recruiting our players shows that they respect how good our ballers are.

  4. #1424
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,606
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Stats for the Parks and Ramos game:

    Ray Parks = 15 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 6-13 FG, 20 mins.
    Dwight Ramos = 6 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3-14 FG, 28 mins.

    Rough game for Ramos although this is his first game after quarantine so I wouldn't worry much. This Toyama team is significantly worse than the team last season. I don't see them making the playoffs this time around. Parks on the other hand is slowly starting to get back on his groove. I expect him to be one of the best performing pinoy players in the B-League right there up with Kiefer once the season is well on its way.
    14-game quarantine is going to make most players rusty. Dwight may be in very good physical shape going into this game but I don't think he's in "game shame" after 14 days of being away from basketball.

    Look at Rayray Parks who was also not that productive in his first 2 games last week coming from an injury. Yet in yesterday's game, Parks found his groove.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  5. #1425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,606
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    No offense to Japan local players.

    But I think our local players are better than their local players. (except anomalies like watanabe, hachimura, and baba)

    our players are better handlers, better drivers, and probably better shooters.

    Yet, B league is lights ahead from pba in terms of development.

    The mere fact that japan is recruiting our players shows that they respect how good our ballers are.
    Kinda agree with you on this. But what I'm seeing is difference in orientation of basketball between Phi basketball & Japanese basketball. I think Phi basketball has a more individualistic approach while Japanese basketball emphasizes teamwork & discipline.

    In short, in terms of individual talent, Pinoy players are better but in terms of teamwork, passing & discipline, Japanese basketball is better. This perhaps explains why, as you pointed out, our players are better ball handlers & better slashers. In so far as shooting is concerned, I think pareho lang, its just that Pinoy players are better at creating their shots off the dribble. Again, this would explain for our more individualistic approach of the game.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-16-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  6. #1426
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Kinda agree with you on this. But what I'm seeing is difference in orientation of basketball between Phi basketball & Japanese basketball. I think Phi basketball has a more individualistic approach while Japanese basketball emphasizes teamwork & discipline.

    In short, in terms of individual talent, Pinoy players are better but in terms of teamwork, passing & discipline, Japanese basketball is better. This perhaps explains why, as you pointed out, our players are better ball handlers & better slashers. In so far as shooting is concerned, I think pareho lang, its just that Pinoy players are better at creating their shots off the dribble. Again, this would explain for our more individualistic approach of the game.
    yeah. great point.

    I think there should be a balance between the two.

    At the end of the day

    " Individually talented Players who knows how to play with a Team System is the Best"

    But it is easier said than done.

    In my observation,

    In General, the more individually talented a player is, the more likely he have a hard time playing within a system.

    Players like Michael Jordan and Stephen Curry are very rare. Individually talented, but knows how to fit their individual talent to the system

  7. #1427
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Yupthey willing to pay that much for japeth to play quality 15 minutes per game..thats how rich they are
    Man, they're also inviting a 34-year old. Well, as long as he can play quality minutes there and produce, why not? It's not like his play has declined with age.

    It would be nice to see him take the offer, and I hope he does (even though it would cripple Ginebra's frontline, as Snow said). But, I'd want to see the other way around, as in go abroad to start, and then go PBA to prepare for retirement (although I also hope someday a Philippine league would be a top option for other Asians).

  8. #1428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Kinda agree with you on this. But what I'm seeing is difference in orientation of basketball between Phi basketball & Japanese basketball. I think Phi basketball has a more individualistic approach while Japanese basketball emphasizes teamwork & discipline.

    In short, in terms of individual talent, Pinoy players are better but in terms of teamwork, passing & discipline, Japanese basketball is better. This perhaps explains why, as you pointed out, our players are better ball handlers & better slashers. In so far as shooting is concerned, I think pareho lang, its just that Pinoy players are better at creating their shots off the dribble. Again, this would explain for our more individualistic approach of the game.
    can't agree more. Japanese players are more adept to playing in a system, team values and organization, moving without the ball, and other basic principles lost in individualistic NBA style/playground/IG individual workout game. though they shifted their philosophy a bit for their Olympic team when incorporating Rui who played more individualistically than ever before and the reason why they lost. it's also why it's so frustrating to watch Kobe Paras playing in Japan but stand in the corner and not even attempt to cut backdoor when their ball handler stopped his dribble with no immediate release valve/player to pass to to relieve pressure.

    i'm still a firm believer that systems beat hero ball (and the Gilas ticket to get past the group stages in World Cup). it's different from what is more entertaining to watch though.

  9. #1429
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    775
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    List of Filipinos/Fil-foreigners playing oversees (Update #2)

    B league Division 1

    Thirdy Ravena (San-en Neo Phoenix)

    Kiefer Ravena (Shiga Lakestars)

    Bobby Ray Parks (Nagoya Diamond)

    Javi GDL (Ibaraki Robots)

    Kobe Paras (Niigata Albirex)

    Dwight Ramos (Toyama Grouses)

    Matthew Aquino (Shinshu Brave Warriors)

    B league Division 2

    Juan GDL (Tokyo Z)

    Kemark Cariño (Aomori Watts)

    NBL Australia

    Kai Sotto (Adelaide 36ers)

    NBL 1

    James Spencer (Dandenong Rangers)

    NBL New Zealand

    Ken Tuffin (Wellington Saints)

    Overtime Elite USA

    Lebron Lopez

    First Women's Basketball League of Serbia

    Jack Animam (Radnički Kragujevac)

    NBA

    Jordan Clarkson (Utah Jazz)

    Jalen Green (Houston Rockets)

    NCAA Division 1

    Dalph Panopio (Cal State Bakersfield)

    AJ Edu (Toledo Rockets)

    Vanessa De Jesus (Duke)

    Kayla Padilla (University of Pennsylvania)

    Ella Fajardo (Fairleigh Dickinson University)

    Remy Martin (University of Kansas)

    Ron Harper Jr (Rutgers Scarlet Knights)

    Kamaka Hepa (Hawaii Rainbow Warriors)

    Quentin Millora-Brown (Vanderbilt Commodores)

    Cyprus Women's Basketball Division A

    Gabi Bade (ENAD WBC)

    Ligue Féminine de Basketball

    Mai-Loni Henson (Ale Aplemont)

    Louna Ozar (ESB Villeneuve-d'Ascq Lille Metropole Youth team)

    Swedish League (Women Division 1)

    Chanelle Molina (Sodertalje Bbk)

    Germany Women's Bundesliga

    Ceejay Nofuente (Herner TC)

    T1

    Jason Brickman (Kaohsiung Aquas)

    Caelan Tiongson (Taoyuan Leopards)

  10. #1430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    775
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    B league Games Today

    12:05 pm

    -Thirdy vs Hiroshima (Aiscore)

    -Dwight vs Parks (Aiscore) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5moRCxyyvpY)

    1:05 pm

    -Kiefer vs Kyoto (Aiscore)

    -Kobe vs Hokkaido (Aiscore)

    2:00 pm

    -Juan GDL vs Sendai 89 (Aiscore)

  11. #1431
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    447
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    can't agree more. Japanese players are more adept to playing in a system, team values and organization, moving without the ball, and other basic principles lost in individualistic NBA style/playground/IG individual workout game. though they shifted their philosophy a bit for their Olympic team when incorporating Rui who played more individualistically than ever before and the reason why they lost. it's also why it's so frustrating to watch Kobe Paras playing in Japan but stand in the corner and not even attempt to cut backdoor when their ball handler stopped his dribble with no immediate release valve/player to pass to to relieve pressure.

    i'm still a firm believer that systems beat hero ball (and the Gilas ticket to get past the group stages in World Cup). it's different from what is more entertaining to watch though.
    They play the game the "right way", as most former players (who won being a member of a well-disciplined system) say. They just don't have the hero-ball minded players in bunches like our basketball system does right now. The day that comes, we can just imagine how better their league would be than PBA.

  12. #1432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,606
    Country: Philippines

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    So smc willing the break that salary cap rule in the pba, so that their players will not leave.. mapapalaban sa gastusan smc nito.. for sure Romeo, Perez, abueva already offered by B-league by huge salary but smc will match all of B-league's offer.. iba talaga Ang mapera.. hehehehehehe
    Its a domino effect. If SMC matches what a B-league team offers Japeth, then the other SMC superstars/stars would probably demand the same or close to that paycheck that SMC would be willing to give Japeth. Guys like CJ Perez, Mo Tautuaa, Christian Standhardinger, Pringle, Sanggalang, Abueva, would probably ask for an significant increase in their salaries.

    If this happens, then malulugi ang SMC in so far as profitability in its operation in the PBA is concerned. Remember, its not a question of whether or not SMC can afford the posible skyrocketing salaries of its marque players. Its a question of profitability. SMC is in the PBA mainly for business purposes & not for charity. And in this pandemic times in which there's no live audience, PBA's profitability is badly hurt. Imagine SMB or Ginebra's players salary expenses doubling in order to keep its marque players from going to Japan.

    How long can SMC management sustain this?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  13. #1433
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    835
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    B league has been good for their guards kasi sila yun may exposure on playing with imports for bigs sila talaga natatamaan
    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Keifer has 1 assist while his opponent Suzuki with 16 assists and 20 points. Keifer made 6 points only.
    I was not able to watch Kiefer’s game, kasi sabay ito sa Parks vs Ramos matchup. What the hell happened? How the hell Kiefer got outplayed so badly by his counterpart PG? Is that Japanese player a member of their national team? I thought Kiefer is miles ahead on these Japanese guards

  14. #1434
    Senior Member Juan Lun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    786
    Country: Japan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    B league Games Today

    12:05 pm

    -Thirdy vs Hiroshima (Aiscore)

    -Dwight vs Parks (Aiscore) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5moRCxyyvpY)

    1:05 pm

    -Kiefer vs Kyoto (Aiscore)

    -Kobe vs Hokkaido (Aiscore)

    2:00 pm

    -Juan GDL vs Sendai 89 (Aiscore)
    Thanks for the link, Dwight still not comfortable with the system, still trying to adapt.

  15. #1435
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    can't agree more. Japanese players are more adept to playing in a system, team values and organization, moving without the ball, and other basic principles lost in individualistic NBA style/playground/IG individual workout game. though they shifted their philosophy a bit for their Olympic team when incorporating Rui who played more individualistically than ever before and the reason why they lost. it's also why it's so frustrating to watch Kobe Paras playing in Japan but stand in the corner and not even attempt to cut backdoor when their ball handler stopped his dribble with no immediate release valve/player to pass to to relieve pressure.

    i'm still a firm believer that systems beat hero ball (and the Gilas ticket to get past the group stages in World Cup). it's different from what is more entertaining to watch though.
    70- 30 for me

    70% System
    30% Isolation/Hero Ball

    The 30% is in case the opponent checkmated your system

    There are times you need to rely in isolation

    Serbia did that to us in this recent Fiba OQT.

    Serbia play their System almost whole game until Coach Tab and Gilas kinda checkmated and read it.

    There comes plan B. NO MORE SYSTEM. Just isolate Boban at the Post. Then we know what happened.

    But yeah, teaching our individually talented players to fit their talent in the system is important

    PS:Seriously, I dont want the reverse also Korea is always doing. Disciplined and System Players but lack individual skills (except anomalies)
    Just balance it out

  16. #1436
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Difference between B-league and PBA..

    Bottom B-league teams trying to be competitive and willing to sign multiple imports to strengthen their team.. while in bottom pba teams are cash cow by big corporate teams... They don't want to compete..
    I agree. Still not balance. I only see KBL as the most balance league I know.

  17. #1437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    As i mention, Dwight has to be aggressive. He sometime being guarded by Nagoya PG which is so small. Yet he is not aggressive.

  18. #1438
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,213
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    As i mention, Dwight has to be aggressive. He sometime being guarded by Nagoya PG which is so small. Yet he is not aggressive.
    I dunno but for some reason he was comfortable with Tabs being the coach, because you know he (Tab) trusts him. That might be the case. But of course thats just my theory LOL.

  19. #1439
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    523
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Great way for Ramos to end the half. I don't like the way Toyama's Mavunga plays. Yes, he's getting the assists but he also piles up the turnovers and gets out of control with his shot selection. Your PF shouldn't be jacking 3s on curry range.

  20. #1440
    Senior Member tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Great way for Ramos to end the half. I don't like the way Toyama's Mavunga plays. Yes, he's getting the assists but he also piles up the turnovers and gets out of control with his shot selection. Your PF shouldn't be jacking 3s on curry range.
    Dwight is still not 100 percent in game shape and still learning the game and tendencies of his teammates and also their team's system..

Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •