Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIBA World Cup Asian-Pacific Qualifiers Prediction Game

Default FIBA World Cup Asian-Pacific Qualifiers Prediction Game

Rules

This game will run until the Final Window. Submit your predictions each game day before tip off to this thread. I will publish the results at the end of each game day (as well as cumulative results as the tournament progresses).

Please enter the results in the following format:
    CHN-JPN
    If you think China will beat Japan by 10 points, enter in:
    CHN-JPN 10
    If you think Japan will beat China by 8 points, enter in:
    CHN-JPN -8

The game's points are calculated as follows:
    * if your prediction of the winning team is correct = 3 pts.
    * if you predict the exact point difference of the final score you get 5 extra pts (3+5 = 8 pts)
    * your point difference prediction is off by 1, you get 3 extra pts (3+3 = 6 pts)
    * your point difference prediction is off by 2 = 2 extra (3+2 = 5 pts)
    * your point difference is off by 3 = 1 extra (3+1 = 4 pts)
    * your prediction of the winning team is incorrect = minus 2 pts

Please note that if you do not predict the winning team correctly, you are not eligible to receive any of the extra points. (e.g. JPN beats CHN by 2, you predicted -1, you do not get an extra point for being 3 away from the actual score because you did not predict that JPN would win the game).

Default Game Day One: November 26,2021

My prediction for this 1st window games:

1. Iran over Bahrain by 11 pts.

2. Kazakhstan over Syria by 4 pts. (very very close games all throughout)

3. Jordan over Saudi Arabia by 9 pts. (Both teams gaining some degree of improvements lately)

4. Lebanon beating Indonesia by 17 pts.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

irn-brn +15
    kaz-syr +7
    jor-ksa +10
    lbn-ina +20

Iri-brn +14
    kaz-syr +6
    jor-ksa +16
    lbn-ina +20

Iran over Bahrain by 30 points (No CJ Giles)
    Kazakhstan over Syria by 13 points.
    Jordan over Saudi Arabia by 10 points.
    Lebanon over Indonesia by 25 points.
    Last edited by ja.he; 11-26-2021 at 11:52 AM.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Iran - Bahrain +33
    Kazakhstan - Syria + 4
    Lebanon - Indonesia + 22
    Jordan - KSA + 8

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Iran - Bahrain +33
    Kazakhstan - Syria + 4
    Lebanon - Indonesia + 22
    Jordan - KSA + 8
    Every game is good except for the KAZ-SYR game. Can you be more specific? What team are you picking?

Also, whoever wants to join, just place your prediction before the Iran game at 9:30 pm. Predictions will be invalid after that. You can also change your prediction if you want, but again, do it before the 9:30 PM game.

Default Game Day Two: November 27, 2021

JPN - CHN

Place prediction before 11:05 am November 27, 2021 PH time

Quote Originally Posted by stevy View Post
    jpn - chn

place prediction before 11:05 am november 27, 2021 ph time
    jpn-chn -17

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    JPN - CHN

Place prediction before 11:05 am November 27, 2021 PH time
    China over Japan by 15 points
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Iran - Bahrain +30
    Kazakhstan - Syria + 6
    Lebanon - Indonesia + 25
    Jordan - KSA + 12
    China - JPN +15

have games today?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    have games today?
    Iran vs Bahrain - 9:30 PM
    Kazakhstan vs Syria - 10:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    have games today?
    Repost from other thread

November 26, 2021 PH Time

I'll try to find a way to access YT FIBA streams if they have them like in the ACQ.

Iran vs Bahrain - 9:30 PM (https://en.vipleague.tv/iran-vs-bahr...live-streaming)

Kazahkstan vs Syria - 10:00 PM (https://en.vipleague.tv/kazakhstan-v...live-streaming)

Jordan vs KSA - 1:00 AM (https://en.vipleague.tv/jordan-vs-sa...live-streaming)

Lebanon vs Indonesia - 3:00 AM (https://en.vipleague.tv/lebanon-vs-i...live-streaming)

I have a feeling I'll win the prediction game for tonight's games!!!

I think ganoon din ang feeling ng mga kapwa ko posters who joined the prediction games!
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Every game is good except for the KAZ-SYR game. Can you be more specific? What team are you picking?

Also, whoever wants to join, just place your prediction before the Iran game at 9:30 pm. Predictions will be invalid after that. You can also change your prediction if you want, but again, do it before the 9:30 PM game.
    I love Syrian’s passion in their sports team.. and they are not pushovers.. I heard that they have new recruits in their team.. most of them came from Brazil.. fans there called it “bra-syrians”.. I’m intrigued on that.. I think they can surprise Kazakhstan..

China - Japan +12

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I love Syrian’s passion in their sports team.. and they are not pushovers.. I heard that they have new recruits in their team.. most of them came from Brazil.. fans there called it “bra-syrians”.. I’m intrigued on that.. I think they can surprise Kazakhstan..
    Well, Syria sort of made some noise in Asian basketball when it placed a strong 4th behind China, Lebanon & Korea in the 2001 ABC Men's Championship (now FIBA Asia Cup). I remember watching the bronze medal game on TV between Korea & Syria in which the Syrians pushed to Koreans to the limit before losing a very close game. Syria then was spearheaded by a young Michael Madanly who would later become a superstar in Asian basketball.

I say, Syria is a serious contender for the top 8 in Asian basketball during the 2000's. Things became much worse for Syrian basketball when a civil war broke out in that country in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Well, Syria sort of made some noise in Asian basketball when it placed a strong 4th behind China, Lebanon & Korea in the 2001 ABC Men's Championship (now FIBA Asia Cup). I remember watching the bronze medal game on TV between Korea & Syria in which the Syrians pushed to Koreans to the limit before losing a very close game. Syria then was spearheaded by a young Michael Madanly who would later become a superstar in Asian basketball.

I say, Syria is a serious contender for the top 8 in Asian basketball during the 2000's. Things became much worse for Syrian basketball when a civil war broke out in that country in 2011.
    Although this series I think it will go 1-1.. for the teams who will match up, Syria and Kazakhstan are equally match..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast