Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2228

Thread: Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    Dwight playing within the system of Toyama, looks good actually, but just shooting blanks. playing both off ball and PG as well. almost same role with Gilas. plus lots of minutes. the shots will fall soon.

Hate these PGs of Nagoya, who thinks they're shit (Well you cant really be a bball player unless you think you're shit), looks likes members of the boyband SMAP or Arashi. Rayray passiveness/discomfort of getting minimum touches then forced to have made basket will get him out the Bleague fast. hopefully he will get a better chance in another team.
    Bakit hindi ko makita name niya sa boxscore?

Wow this Toyama team is playing worse than San En LOL!

Zero defense and pure iso plays on offense, no flow whatsoever. Dwight doesn't know what plays to call.

Parks has shook off his rust in the 3rd thanks to Toyamas non existent defense. Terrible imports.

Dwight has been crap this game. Well, first game pa lang naman. Hope he can shake that off tomorrow.

At least Parks found his groove.

Keifer has 1 assist while his opponent Suzuki with 16 assists and 20 points. Keifer made 6 points only.

Most of our Pinoy imports have an off-night this day.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Keifer has 1 assist while his opponent Suzuki with 16 assists and 20 points. Keifer made 6 points only.
    That's "Boy Dribble" from San-En last season. It seems like former San-En players are having good games today. San-En management should take a look at their coaching if they still end up among the bottom teams this season.

Keifer chokes. Good thing it didn't cost his team the victory.

Stats for the Parks and Ramos game:

Ray Parks = 15 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 6-13 FG, 20 mins.
    Dwight Ramos = 6 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3-14 FG, 28 mins.

Rough game for Ramos although this is his first game after quarantine so I wouldn't worry much. This Toyama team is significantly worse than the team last season. I don't see them making the playoffs this time around. Parks on the other hand is slowly starting to get back on his groove. I expect him to be one of the best performing pinoy players in the B-League right there up with Kiefer once the season is well on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Wow this Toyama team is playing worse than San En LOL!

Zero defense and pure iso plays on offense, no flow whatsoever. Dwight doesn't know what plays to call.

Parks has shook off his rust in the 3rd thanks to Toyamas non existent defense. Terrible imports.
    if this was the 3Q, yes it was bad. cant really force feed to Jumbotron too much, the Mauvanaga guy other import thinks he's Black Mamba, Dwight exposed to midget but very very fast PGs playing the PG role but also defending the PG, just a bad shooting night. but coach played him too much, but maybe he think he's got nothing to lose, he's now 0-5.

i still feel Dwight played his game as he is playing it in Gilas. he just shot very very poor 3-14 and most minutes, he just has to shoot better and impact the game more, he's already selfless and will establish good chemistry with the team when he plays and practices with them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Kobe is lucky the initial plan of signing with the Utsonomiya Brex didn't push through. I don't see him getting as much greenlight playing with a stacked contending team such as the Brex unlike in Niigata where he has the license to shoot.
    I dony know what the deal was but Kobe maybe saw it miles a way and wanted to play with a rebuilding team instead. Smart move by Kobe.

He basically learned from his mistake in the past when he joined Creighton. He didnt see it coming that he would be benched. Because somebody was better than him ( Marcus Foster). Anyway, past is past. The important thing is he is learning.

As for Niigata signing Kobe, its a win-win for them because he has the length, size and athleticism.

I admit i wasnt able to watch the game but from my observation at least, he was not utilized properly by his coach. Imo, he should be the focal point of the offense. His teammates should give him more screens and space to score.

Sucks Kobes conditioning is not optimal though.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Dwight has been crap this game. Well, first game pa lang naman. Hope he can shake that off tomorrow.

At least Parks found his groove.

Judging from the highlights he was not even that defended well.and still missing.

Bad start by Dwight but i know he can do better.

Parks played passive when he was i serted the first time around tried to not do anything crazy to lose magoyas lead.. once the game was out of reach dun na nag hanap ng opensa..toyama has locals who have played in the japanese a team that ono guy is one of the underrated bigs jn japan basketball..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Snow rumor: 3 B.League teams are interested in Japeth Aguilar with a nice 3 year contract. According to his source, Japeth wants to go there because of that contract.

1st year: $40,000 (almost PHP2,000,000)/month
    2nd year: $55,000 (PHP 2,789,000)/month
    3rd year: $70,000 (Php 3,549,700)/month (if he stays consistent)

However, a big boss in SMC says they won't suffer the same as TNT when negotiations with Parks broke down, leading to Parks leaving the team.

Maraming blowout games between top teams and lower ranked teams. I think the difference between playoff teams VS the lower-ranked teams are waaayyyy big, na hindi ganun ka Competetive yung games. like 20-30 point blowouts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    Most of our Pinoy imports have an off-night this day.
    Jaja (17 points and a W) and Bagunas (22 points and a W) , alongside Parks save the day for the Pinoy imports. The other volleyball player Espejo tallied 12 points in an L. Jack Aninam registered a near 20-20 in a blowout loss at the other side of the globe, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Maraming blowout games between top teams and lower ranked teams. I think the difference between playoff teams VS the lower-ranked teams are waaayyyy big, na hindi ganun ka Competetive yung games. like 20-30 point blowouts
    Thats what happens when the rich team can just get top level players without thinking of trade rule or salary cup.

Add to the list of Pinay pro hoopers in Foreign Leagues.

Chanelle Molina - Sodertalje Bbk in the Swedish League
    Mai-Loni Henson - Ale Aplemont in the French Legue.
    Gabi Bade - ENAD-WBC of the Cypriot League

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Snow rumor: 3 B.League teams are interested in Japeth Aguilar with a nice 3 year contract. According to his source, Japeth wants to go there because of that contract.

1st year: $40,000 (almost PHP2,000,000)/month
    2nd year: $55,000 (PHP 2,789,000)/month
    3rd year: $70,000 (Php 3,549,700)/month (if he stays consistent)

However, a big boss in SMC says they won't suffer the same as TNT when negotiations with Parks broke down, leading to Parks leaving the team.
    So smc willing the break that salary cap rule in the pba, so that their players will not leave.. mapapalaban sa gastusan smc nito.. for sure Romeo, Perez, abueva already offered by B-league by huge salary but smc will match all of B-league's offer.. iba talaga Ang mapera.. hehehehehehe

Difference between B-league and PBA..

Bottom B-league teams trying to be competitive and willing to sign multiple imports to strengthen their team.. while in bottom pba teams are cash cow by big corporate teams... They don't want to compete..

B league has been good for their guards kasi sila yun may exposure on playing with imports for bigs sila talaga natatamaan
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast