Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gideon
    I'm not hating, I am simply stating facts and current statistics.

Kai's numbers are in free fall and his career forecast is looking bleak. Numbers unfortunately don't lie.

You can continue to day dream about Kai making the NBA and your "All stars need to align theory".

I mean it would be seen as delusional to many but at the end of the day you're not really hurting anyone but yourself.

Many were burned big time on draft night when their confident predictions of Kai getting drafted didn't come into fruition. Some even deactivated their twitter accounts to avoid heat and went AWOL on this forum and social media. Some may of even took their anger out on beating their wife and kids or even inflicted malicious self harm.

At the end of the day it was all self inflicted, because they were the ones who had these unrealistic exaggerated expectations in the first place.
    Ngeek..haha it's you pala who's daydreaming lol

Why you all Kai hater always puts words in my mouth lol

Are you pretty sure and absolutely certain about the future haha..

I think it's the other way around who are crazy in this godforsaken threas lol

Ang negative siguro ng outlook mo sa buhay lol in

the next 5 years or so haha

Maybe you will also call for the doomsday or armageddon

next year lol

Comment

• This Korean says that Dave Ildefonso's the KT choice for Asian import: https://twitter.com/basketromantist/...8nVCrpfSA&s=19

No verification yet, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        This Korean says that Dave Ildefonso's the KT choice for Asian import: https://twitter.com/basketromantist/...8nVCrpfSA&s=19

No verification yet, though.
        translation of that article

At the beginning of the season, Suwon KT, who is desperately feeling the sluggishness of foreign players and Heo Ho-hoon's vacancy and is in the lower season. While option 1, Landry Ennoko, is still not showing signs of resurgence, is slowly winning with fast traction basketball centred around E.J Anosike, whose offensive power is outstanding.

It's true that it's showing a weakness in heights with a paint zone shot success rate of 14.6, the ninth in the league, and a paint zone shot success rate of 49.2%, which is the only in the league that exceeds 50%. However, from the front line to the vigourous amount of activity, a kind of run-and-gun basketball is realised, giving fans a definitely better appearance than before.

There is also news that a strong support group will also join the Suwon KT, who succeeded in the lieutenant leap forward. Sean Dave Ildefonso, the Philippine Asian Quarter, is the main character.

Il-Fonso is a player that has already been in contact with a number of teams, including Samsung Seoul and Changwon LG since before the opening of the 2022-2023 season, and has already been verified on the competitive side. In addition, Taiwan, Japan, and Philippine professional leagues also offered him to transfer. But Ildefonso eventually chose to stay in the Philippines during the last year at the university.

Ildefonso was born in 2000 and is a very young player at the age of 22. The aging height is 187 cm to 85 kg and boasts a solid body balance. The current team, ADMU BLUE EAGLES, seems to go back and forth between 3rd and 4th. Most are responsible for team attacks with spot-up shots and moving 3-point shots based on the momentary off-the-ball Move, with most of the 3 roles.

Not only that, but the drive-in, which utilises dribbling rhythm and speed feeling, and the rim attack and plotter utilising athletic ability are not bad. It is expected to be very helpful to the front line of KT, which relies only on Jeong Sung-woo, because it has a vision to see your own chances and the chances of the teammates at the same time.

If you search for Ildephones on YouTube, you can find a simple highlight video, and you can see your strength and athletic ability at a glance. There is a preconceived notion that Filipino players have weaknesses in Defence, but Ildefonso seems to have bad Defence in that regard.

A shoot form reminiscent of a squadron and an out-not-paced shot release, joining during the season, so the resulting league adaptation can be seen as a task given to him.

Ildefonso's team is currently running second in the league. In that, Ildefonso has an average of 12.8 points 8.3 rebound 2.3 assist 1.2 steel. Although it is expected to be a great vitality with a versatile utility resource, it is expected to be a field goal success rate (32,4%), a three-point success rate (26%), and a free throw success rate (63.4%) are also a stumbling block. I won't come to the KBL as the main ball handler, but you should also think that the current team has 3 turnovers per game.

He is a sure player with his skills and potency while getting on the national team. But the name and cancer are also certain players. I think it's the manager's ability to maximise the advantage of the player on the court and minimise the shortcomings.

The desire for Filipino players to blow to the KBL since the introduction of the Asian quota system is quite influential. In terms of skill, it is rousing the competitiveness of domestic players, and their performance and performance and performance are pleasing to the eyes of the audience.

Just by visiting the stadium by the Philippine supporters to see the lens Avando player on the 27th, you can see how much interest and affection the Filipino people with basketball as the national flag are putting on basketball. Ildefonso is also popular in the Philippines for its compliance appearance. Will he be the saviour of KT?
        lol at our reputation as bad defender
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

So much for priding ourselves on being physical, when that should really be used for defense. I hope we turn to a defensive team, because that's how I think we're going far in the FIBA stage.

Tab's all-amateur team and this recent version of Gilas were good defensively. Hope that can hold now and in the future.

Comment

• Gideon, don?t confuse facts with opinions or predictions. Stating Kai?s numbers is not enough to be invited in SL or that he will never set foot in the NBA isn?t FACTS but OPINIONS. Only a NARCISSIST thinks his opinions weigh more than anyone else?s.

By saying Kai?s numbers are on a FREE FALL, you are simply exaggerating and being intellectually dishonest. Save for PPG, his numbers were actually down just a tad but looks good considering the SIGNIFICANT DIP in MPG (from 15 to 11). If Kai really hasn?t improved and improving (which would be contrary to what PEOPLE THAT MATTERS AND THOSE WHO REALLY KNOW ARE SAYING), his numbers would?ve been chopped down more. For someone who argues for the eye test on some other prospects, this is HYPOCRISY on your part just dwelling solely on numbers when it comes to KAI.

Calling people delusional just because they are hopeful and optimistic (even analyzed if we include the bare minimum 10day contract) of Kai’s chances might make you feel good, but how it reflects your personality is an entirely different story. Not that it matters, but someone needs to tell you you are no better than anyone else here, though you could still of course continue believing otherwise. That?s just normal for people in their teens.
            Last edited by NOiNU; 11-30-2022, 08:03 AM.
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

^^ Feel free to bring up excuses and sugar coat Kai's dwindling numbers.

The fact is in his 2nd year Kai is averaging a decrease in points, rebounds, assists and minutes.

You can base your opinion on these numbers and I can base mine.

No need to get upset at Kai's mediocre statistics and get your panties in a bunch.
              Numbers down: FACT
              Won’t get calls, won’t make it: OPINION

There, so you’d understand.

Sorry if I won’t be dragged to that level of yours. I think I’m old enough to be acting like a 10yr old kid.

Comment

FACT- Kai nuthuggers still getting salty when I post evidence of Kai's declining numbers.
                And that you’re both INTELLECTUALLY and EMOTIONALLY incapable of a civil conversation when pressed with a blunt but valid rebuttal. Carry on.

Comment

• And thats it for gideon. Refrain from personal attacks guys.

Comment

• Sometimes I wish Kai Sotto play in the US NCAA. his numbers are the same in the ABL. He is just playing less minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
                      Sometimes I wish Kai Sotto play in the US NCAA. his numbers are the same in the ABL. He is just playing less minutes.
                      Same here but I understood the risk he took playing for Ignite. Its just sad that he didn't see it through.

Comment

• Unfortunately the root of those decisions (bad or what) is the commercial nature of Philippine basketball.
                        Nothing is given for free, if a benefactor sponsors Kai , for his US high school endeavor , including funding family (jobs etc), there is a expectation to recuperate investment sooner than later .
                        Spending 4 years in a US college , (forgoing monetary gain) may not be an acceptable option for kai's investor benefactors.
                        The other thing is the Philippines industry is US centric exposed , it is green field unknown/unfamiliar to go the Euro or NBL club model pathway. (Note if Kai didn't enrol in a US high school he would have kept his international draft classification status, which would only make him auto eligible by the age of 22 yrs old..
                        I guess these choices were just to difficult to forsee long term consequences, and Kai's camp was simple reactive in nature, looking for quick returns ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                          Same here but I understood the risk he took playing for Ignite. Its just sad that he didn't see it through.
                          True. Just look at Emoni Hates after he transferred to another School. his scoring averages increases, and he is enjoying the game of basketball again. I think he was only 17 when he made is NCAA Debut, and he skipped his senior year in high school/

Comment

Thats because we would always send offense oriented all stars against them before Tab came around.

Comment

• It's actually easier to secure a guaranteed contract by being drafted at 22 yrs old (international prospect or US college graduate ), than it is to go undrafted early and secure a guaranteed contract as a free agent ..
                              The former is competing for spots vs 22 yr old and younger, ( the draft entrants ) while the latter is litterarally competing with every professional free agent mostly in their prime (25 to 28 year olds ) including NBA free agents , that's a tougher ask
                              The former is competing vs youngsters like Travers for draft spots while the latter is competing vs Landale , Cousins , Dwight Howard etc

Comment

Dave Ildefonso is at least 6'3. FIBA hasn't updated his height since his BG U16 days lol, can be quite misleading.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information