Wow Parks, I hope he joins Gilas

This is really the main best players per position for Gilas in my view

PG Kiefer
    SG Parks
    SF Dwight
    PF Baltazar
    C Kouame

Of course Kai is in list to
    In terms of talent, id take bolick over kief at point. Fortunately for kiefer, he is more familiar with tab’s system. But if i were sbp, id include bolick in the pool and give kiefer some competition.

Comment

• The seeming exodus of Gilas Pilipinas-caliber players to Japan and elsewhere is alarming to say the least, with the national team program taking a huge hit as far as its preparations for the 2023
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• i dont get what this news item is about. what do you need to nip in the bud? it is just but the right of the player to find the best deal/play lots of basketball. we just have to accept that in the era of open pro leagues, the ideal of an all-year-long Gilas team is unlikely.

Comment

• NCAA breakout star Justin Arana confirms to me that he's received interest from teams in the Flag of Japan B. League D2. He is still considering his decision because of loyalty to the Arellano Chiefs, who gave him a chance after leaving UST & helped w/ his heart issue. - Naveen Ganglani

I hope he goes through with the Japan offer. It's been almost 2 years since college basketball. We still don't know when will NCAA open due to the pandemic. Matagal na tengga mga players. I hope this is not another case of "utang na loob" blocking opportunity of yet another player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
            NCAA breakout star Justin Arana confirms to me that he's received interest from teams in the Flag of Japan B. League D2. He is still considering his decision because of loyalty to the Arellano Chiefs, who gave him a chance after leaving UST & helped w/ his heart issue. - Naveen Ganglani

I hope he goes through with the Japan offer. It's been almost 2 years since college basketball. We still don't know when will NCAA open due to the pandemic. Matagal na tengga mga players. I hope this is not another case of "utang na loob" blocking opportunity of yet another player.
            So siya nga yun under the radar big ni Coach Charles Tiu. Tama rin naisip ko. Hehe.

Comment

• Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• The bigger stock riser is him being in Gilas cadet program imo..they can still wait and see on what will happen to the big men asian imports in div 2 and see if the opportunity to develop is too good to pass up. But him having in arellano and Gilas can be best of both worlds
                Last edited by reamily; 09-16-2021, 04:29 PM.
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Justin Arana and Tamayo's game are really alike.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Justin Baltazar to Bleague��

Comment

• ^^ Another player heading to Japan. and it's not Justin Arana daw. yeah so most probably its the better Justine

Comment

• When is like the deadline cutoff of players to make roster spots in the B-league ? , of course imports can come and go,, but wouldn't there be a deadline when rosters have to be finalized and complete

Comment

• ^^ It's open season AFAIK. COVID times call for extra ordinary measures.

Comment

• It's Justin Baltazar contract was signed a few months ago, deadline of signing was middle July

Comment

• Well, if you look at it, Gilas prospects/players playing in Japan would be available for Gilas during "FIBA season" - July to September period. That is becoz off season ng B-league ang period na yun. Gilas players playing in the B-league might even be available for Gilas in most of the windows of the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualifiers.

The same could not be said about PBA players becoz during the July to September period, PBA season is very much alive.

My take is that Pinoy players playing in overseas pro leagues hurts the PBA more than it hurts Gilas.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• This is one thing I really don't with Tab - having players committed to Gilas for the whole year sounds unrealistic. Unless his players come from Ateneo, you cannot expect the players to be beside on you and receive nothing. Ofcourse, they need to live as well.

Even in his Tall Blacks days, his players were all pros naman. Why see overseas pro stints for the Gilas core as a negative?
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information