Page 195 of 218 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4360

Thread: Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    system guy isnt the best of shooter really needs mileage to get going.. he is fast he is wily and can do other things outside scoring
    He's a born scorer tho... he needs to go back to his instincts and roots and bring back his Mamba mentality like when he scored 100 pts way back when he was in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    He's a born scorer tho... he needs to go back to his instincts and roots and bring back his Mamba mentality like when he scored 100 pts way back when he was in grade school.
    Correct but him playing the point in KBL..it might backfire to him if he doesnt channel it the right way, he is backup to dash maybe the spark plug off the bench will do wonders for him..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Correct but him playing the point in KBL..it might backfire to him if he doesnt channel it the right way, he is backup to dash maybe the spark plug off the bench will do wonders for him..
    I thought Dash will slide to 2, and he'll the starting PG?

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    yep, as MPIC's flagship, any player they get is expected to contribute right away and compete for the title similar to SMB, atleast BGSM were able to develop Skati, Caperal, Mariano, Tolentino.

I hope Oftana will not be relegated as a stretch 4
    I have the same concern re Oftana sliding right into Troy’s spot. But he’d never regress into simply being a stretch 4. Dude has got too many closeout counters and likes putting the ball on the floor. I’d be more concerned if Coach Chot puts him into the dunker’s spot and the corners. He’s too adept a slasher he should be playing from the extended elbows and top of the key.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

aside from money , does playing in japan beneficial to the growth of a player, Ravena brothers play for 2 of the worst teams in Bleague , Paras played for the cellar dweller while Dwight's old team and current team were both in the bottom of the standings only Bobby Ray's team has a respectable record, for me if players want to go overseas Korea is a better choice as the teams that signed Abando, Belangel and Abarrientos look better on paper only the Samsung Thunder was a losing team the team that was supposed to sign Navarro, though Dwight is still very good despite playing for a bad team. I hope other asian league and other mid tier european league will open its door for our players, turkish league , israeli league , i remember Pringle, Cstan, Eric Menk , even Matthew Wright were among the players who played in europe before playing in the PBA

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGuy_10210 View Post
    aside from money , does playing in japan beneficial to the growth of a player, Ravena brothers play for 2 of the worst teams in Bleague , Paras played for the cellar dweller while Dwight's old team and current team were both in the bottom of the standings only Bobby Ray's team has a respectable record, for me if players want to go overseas Korea is a better choice as the teams that signed Abando, Belangel and Abarrientos look better on paper only the Samsung Thunder was a losing team the team that was supposed to sign Navarro, though Dwight is still very good despite playing for a bad team. I hope other asian league and other mid tier european league will open its door for our players, turkish league , israeli league , i remember Pringle, Cstan, Eric Menk , even Matthew Wright were among the players who played in europe before playing in the PBA
    Kaching kaching, people just love to piss the pba...

Depends on what kind of player you are. If you're a really talented guard, then you'll get opportunities, whatever league. The PBA has produced talented guards.

However, when it comes to tall wings like Oftana, Navarro, and Malonzo, or tweeners like Balti, you need to be in the right situtation in the PBA to develop properly into your international position, like Ferrer and Arvin playing 3 in Ginebra and NorthPort, Malonzo as a tweener in NorthPort, and Oftana playing 3 with Yeng. The lack of size in some teams, and some coaches using just height to determine position, might mean that Oftana and Navarro-like players might play 4, and Balti might have to play as a traditional 5 instead of as a tweener. These types might have a better chance of playing their natural positions in SoKor and even Japan due to the presence of imports.

If guards, any league. If tall wing or tweener, better abroad (outside SEA). Plus, availability for windows is more likely.
    Last edited by IPC; 09-27-2022 at 03:45 AM.

We'll see if Roosevelt Adams gets used as a stretch big this time.

Apparently KBL officials aren't satisfied with Belangel.

My guess is as good as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Apparently KBL officials aren't satisfied with Belangel.

My guess is as good as yours.
    Its still preseason so too early to judge. But Im guessing Belangel had an advantage because of his familiarity with Tabs system and playing with Kouame. He took advantage of Kouames gravity to make his plays.

I wasnt impressed by both in Gilas. Belangel seemed the steadier guy. RJ looked at times to be more talented but was too risk taking for the role. We'll see in the real games if he can lead his team to wins.

Anthony Suntay commentating for B-League now? So I guessed not only our players but also pinoy commentators and analyst will be poach now hahaha! Good for them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZWO3af1TI

I still remembered him asking the beautiful Italian volleyball player the dreaded question "would you mary a Filipino" and got embarrassed by the answer lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote49 View Post
    Anthony Suntay commentating for B-League now? So I guessed not only our players but also pinoy commentators and analyst will be poach now hahaha! Good for them!

I still remembered him asking the beautiful Italian volleyball player the dreaded question "would you mary a Filipino" and got embarrassed by the answer lmao!
    Suntay has been commentating for b league since time immemorial unless he is doing japanese commentary lol..

And he is the first one to work on espn in early 200s

Parks is in nagoya mode if he translate this to gilas with clarkson and other scorers around..

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote49 View Post

Breezy/ninja moves hahaha

Parks is in nagoya mode if he translate this to gilas with clarkson and other scorers around..
    it’s up to chot how to use BRP Jr.
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Heoball says that RJ Abarrientos could be a favorite to win KBL Rookie of the Year: https://twitter.com/heoball/status/1...doJBWYqcg&s=19

Korean media says that Filipinos can win Rookie of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Heoball says that RJ Abarrientos could be a favorite to win KBL Rookie of the Year: https://twitter.com/heoball/status/1...doJBWYqcg&s=19

Korean media says that Filipinos can win Rookie of the Year.
    Still haven't heard anything about Rhenz Abando though. He's the player I'm looking forward to the most out of all the pinoy imports in KBL. His style of play fits the Korean style of basketball, a very good movement shooter plus he's probably more athletic than almost all local guards in the KBL.

Who can recommend a free B league livestream?

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    Download AIScore in Playstore

i think the ravena bros stats are gonna dip this season. both their teams signed high-caliber players at their position (kai toews at shiga, kosuke kanamaru at san-en). their teams could perform better than last season though

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    b league's english/international youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx4...Yhq9VAxmEbe1Vg ) livestreams most of the games with filipino players.

Page 195 of 218 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast