Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coach cj View Post
    Please note that Koloko is a starting center for the Toronto Raptors haha and not just a 14th guy and plays two way contract lol

It just puzzles me how these scouts and GMs made their decisions in the past NBA draft lol
    That's just the way things are trending in the NBA. It's easier to find good defensive bigs than 2 way bigs. And the Raps settled for a solid role player with their 2nd round pick rather than gamble. You can't really fault them with that as Koloko looked like a safer pick. The gap between Koloko and Kai's D might be bigger otherwise Kai would be in the NBA after his workouts. And to be honest Kai's post scoring looks iffy at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
      That's just the way things are trending in the NBA. It's easier to find good defensive bigs than 2 way bigs. And the Raps settled for a solid role player with their 2nd round pick rather than gamble. You can't really fault them with that as Koloko looked like a safer pick. The gap between Koloko and Kai's D might be bigger otherwise Kai would be in the NBA after his workouts. And to be honest Kai's post scoring looks iffy at the moment.
      Probably I would agree that before and during the draft night in NBA 2022 Koloko was a better defender than Kai with a big margin especially Kaloko was playing against

teenagers during his college days haha hence his defensive accolades lol

But now currently December 9, 2022 lol I don't think Kaloka's defense has a big disparity with Kai Sotto haha.

Offensively, Kai is definitely hmmm..let's just 0 out of 10 Kai is somewhere around 8 while Kaloka is somewhere around 4 or 5 lol.

Comment

• Again let's stop comparing players who are in the NBA (getting minutes) with Kai..
        It's not just NBA GMs that not only didn't draft him, but didn't invite him in a list of 100, but GMs of every other major league team.
        Like it or not, while we may have different opinions , what really matters in life is what the decision makers think... it is how one really advances and makes the next level. You need a coach tor GM who decides to believe in you. Their lack of interest resulting in deciisions speak for itself .
        Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-09-2022, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach cj View Post
          Probably I would agree that before and during the draft night in NBA 2022 Koloko was a better defender than Kai with a big margin especially Kaloko was playing against

teenagers during his college days haha hence his defensive accolades lol

But now currently December 9, 2022 lol I don't think Kaloka's defense has a big disparity with Kai Sotto haha.

Offensively, Kai is definitely hmmm..let's just 0 out of 10 Kai is somewhere around 8 while Kaloka is somewhere around 4 or 5 lol.
          We won't really know until he gets to play in the NBA. Maybe he is maybe not. I'd like to think he is. But he needs to convince NBA teams that he is NBA level.

Comment

• Nice breakdown on Kai's current level

Comment

• From Twitter

@baekpd1983

Philippine Asian Quarter Player Salary Ranking in KBL

1.Rhenz Abando(KGC) $179,545
              2.Justin Gutang(LG) $161,364
              3.Ethan Albano(DB) $151,515
              4.Johnny Abarrientos(Mobis) $146,212
              5.Christian David(Samsung) $106,000
              6.Samjosef Belangel(KOGAS) $100,000

※Note: 8-month contract
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                From Twitter

@baekpd1983

david raking in the moolah while in rehab.
                WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Chttps://twitter.com/PBAinsider/statu...hxyEZ2fyw&s=19

Sedrick Barefield has been released by his T1 League team, Tainan TSG.

It remains to be seen if he will still serve as their Asian import for the upcoming EASL Champions Week in March 2023.

Comment

From Twitter

@baekpd1983

Imagine if they get an extension with that amount or more. It’s no wonder young ballers are choosing to play overseas.

Comment

From Twitter

@baekpd1983

Oh, I didn't know that Johnny A still plays pro basketball

Quite surprising that Gutang gets more than RJ Abarrientos does. Well, I think when RJ renews his contract, he will get a bigger pay than the other Pinoy Asian imports in the KBL.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Nice to see Kai being back on condition and in rotation at least of adl.

Hopefully he finished today's game with at least 10 pts. He have 8 pts right now as end of 3rd

Comment

• For me, Kai’s best game of the season. That’s 2 nice games in a row and I hope Coach CJ wisens up a bit more. Too stiff to make a bold call and put in Kai in the 4th in lieu of any big, even Franks who struggled mightily in the endgame. By playing safe, he let’s a game slip that way. That was at least a last possession or OT type of game at the very least.
                          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Oh, I didn't know that Johnny A still plays pro basketball

Quite surprising that Gutang gets more than RJ Abarrientos does. Well, I think when RJ renews his contract, he will get a bigger pay than the other Pinoy Asian imports in the KBL.
                            the early birds (belangel & abarrientos) got the smallest amount. the ones who waited prolly got increased offers

Comment

• 9 mins total playing time? 0 turnovers?

Here I thought coaches gave you more playing time the better you performed on the court. Hmm, must be a fantasy. Surely Kai was given more PT because of his stellar 1st qtr performance...

Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                              Nice breakdown on Kai's current level

Did Yeshkel see this game? Full of one armed boxouts, but this time it worked. I wonder why NBA bigs also use the same kind of boxouts that he hates, might it have to do with Kai getting stronger as time passes? Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                                9 mins total playing time? 0 turnovers?

Here I thought coaches gave you more playing time the better you performed on the court. Hmm, must be a fantasy. Surely Kai was given more PT because of his stellar 1st qtr performance...

Did Yeshkel see this game? Full of one armed boxouts, but this time it worked. I wonder why NBA bigs also use the same kind of boxouts that he hates, might it have to do with Kai getting stronger as time passes? Hmm...
                                True, playing time is earned by being CONSISTENT starting from practice to the limited playing time given to a player.. So far Kai has been inconsistent and still displays aspects in his game that is raw hence the limited PT

NBA bigs like lets say Ayton can get away (sometimes) with one armed boxouts since they have June mar like heft and strength, but if you have the body (&/or strength) of a Wang Zhi Zhi/ Zhou Qi like Kai that wont work as shown on the video

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information