No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Filipinos/Fil-foreigners playing oversees (Update #1)

B league Division 1

Thirdy Ravena (San-en Neo Phoenix)

Kiefer Ravena (Shiga Lakestars)

Bobby Ray Parks (Nagoya Diamond)

Javi GDL (Ibaraki Robots)

Kobe Paras (Niigata Albirex)

Dwight Ramos (Toyama Grouses)

B league Division 2

Juan GDL (Tokyo Z)

Kenmark Cariño (Aomori Watts)

NBL Australia

Kai Sotto (Adelaide 36ers)

NBL 1

James Spencer (Dandenong Rangers)

NBL New Zealand

Ken Tuffin (Wellington Saints)

Overtime Elite USA

Lebron Lopez

First Women's Basketball League of Serbia

Jack Animam (Radnički Kragujevac)

NBA

Jordan Clarkson (Utah Jazz)

Jalen Green (Houston Rockets)

NCAA Division 1

Dalph Panopio (Cal State Bakersfield)

AJ Edu (Toledo Rockets)

Vanessa De Jesus (Duke)

Kayla Padilla (University of Pennsylvania)

Ella Fajardo (Fairleigh Dickinson University)

Remy Martin (University of Kansas)

Cyprus Women's Basketball Division A

Gabi Bade (ENAD WBC)

Ligue Féminine de Basketball

Louna Ozar (ESB Villeneuve-d'Ascq Lille Metropole Youth team)
    Last edited by Stevy; 09-18-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Chet was obviously having a hard time with Lofton in practice. I wont be suprise if he will be drafted next year but Lofton will definitely be having a very hard time against current Kai. Real scouts aint stupid to not recognize the difficulty playing against grown men and having issues playing teenagers.

Comment

• ^^Remy Martin (University of Kansas)
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
          Thanks. Two world imports plus the Asian import plus a naturalized and then the team’s top local can make for a formidable unit on the floor. Of course not every team has neither a naturalized nor an Asian import, but those who do could really enjoy a significant edge.
          Yep, definitely. Actually, if top-tier B league teams fully maximize the import rules, they can put up a decent squad that can even beat mid-tier NBL teams, in my opinion.

Imagine if they had 2 imports at the level of a Terrence Jones, a strong NP, and an Asian import (KBL, CBA, or PBA star) plus strong Japanese locals. That lineup can definitely compete.

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
          For the sake of our players, teams better be stronger this season than it was before.
          Our B league guys will definitely benefit, especially if teams decide to maximize these rules. Can't wait for the B league season to start!

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
          ^^Remy Martin (University of Kansas)
          Thanks for reminding me hehe.

Comment

• I have to say, Thirdy's playing very well within Coach Stan's system, judging from the 1st game with Nagoya. He doesn't bite on fakes anymore. He has better ballhandling and doesn't panic in passing the ball. He only lost his defender once, and continues to be the SF stopper of the Phoenix.

I will say he needs to improve his 3 point shooting and he shouldn't be afraid to cut backdoor and earn Coach Stan's ire, since it'll open up their offense more.

Comment

• ^^I did say Lofton was a big reason Team USA was winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoa0GWwVOtc

A no-nonsense take on Kai. A nice watch worth your time.
                It's a nice video, too bad the comments are a shitshow.

If there's things I hate about Kai's development, it's the changing of his jump shot and offensive style. No-Brain Shaw turned him into a rim running big, and some doofus turned his jumper into a rhythm release like how a shooter from 3 would do it. Kevin Garnett had the same slow jumpshot that wasn't a shooter's, but was good enough to keep defenses honest. How many times do these idiots think a chance to block a 6'11/7'0's jumper in isolation, much less a 7'3s? Or how about turning him into Deandre Jordan when all Shaw had to do was play to Kai's strengths and improve his footspeed decently where he can post up?

Of course I appreciate that Kai now can decently rim run at a world level, but now the star numbers aren't there like how he got it before. He has to play "within the team" and has virtually nothing retained of the skillset he had in TSF. To be honest, fuck the retards who thought rim running bigs were the future. Yes I'm including the idiot Givony in that. The more I think about it, the more I get mad.

To make things clear: I still think Kai should get his points from the post rather than rim running and colliding with shorter stronger bigs. I am overall happy with his development, my misgivings about it do not represent my overall opinion on Kai's development.
                Last edited by jasper222; 09-18-2021, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                  List of Filipinos/Fil-foreigners playing oversees (Update #1)

Chris Bade (ENAD WBC)
                  Gabi Bade. Chris is her dad

Comment

• Here is a video who clearly shows that Kai was sought after by NBL teams and a preview on how his coach will use Kai.

Bigs should function as bigs same with what happened for decades. GSW disrespected the game with their gameplay but I dont think it would be replicated again. They are on the twilight of their careers and having two of the greatest shooters of all time wont be easily replicated soon. GSW isnt even expected to be a contender these days based on how teams were beefing their roster with able big men. The trend is to shore the frontline with Giannis, Embiid, Jokic and Zion stoppers.
                    Last edited by PeeZones; 09-18-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                      List of Filipinos/Fil-foreigners playing oversees (Update #1)

B league Division 1

Thirdy Ravena (San-en Neo Phoenix)

Kiefer Ravena (Shiga Lakestars)

Bobby Ray Parks (Nagoya Diamond)

Javi GDL (Ibaraki Robots)

Kobe Paras (Niigata Albirex)

Dwight Ramos (Toyama Grouses)

B league Division 2

Juan GDL (Tokyo Z)

Kenmark Cariño (Aomori Watts)

NBL Australia

Kai Sotto (Adelaide 36ers)

NBL 1

James Spencer (Dandenong Rangers)

NBL New Zealand

Ken Tuffin (Wellington Saints)

Overtime Elite USA

Lebron Lopez

First Women's Basketball League of Serbia

Jack Animam (Radnički Kragujevac)

NBA

Jordan Clarkson (Utah Jazz)

Jalen Green (Houston Rockets)

NCAA Division 1

Dalph Panopio (Cal State Bakersfield)

AJ Edu (Toledo Rockets)

Vanessa De Jesus (Duke)

Kayla Padilla (University of Pennsylvania)

Ella Fajardo (Fairleigh Dickinson University)

Remy Martin (University of Kansas)

Gabi Bade (ENAD WBC)

Ligue Féminine de Basketball

Louna Ozar (ESB Villeneuve-d'Ascq Lille Metropole Youth team)
                      DJ Fenner, Scuba Holt, Mikh Mckinney, Isiah Umipig?

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                        He was THE reason why they won. He was why they beat France and if not for him, they wouldve not eveb gone past Canada
                        TANGINA MO! LOL he was the reason they won? did you even watch the game?

WHO FISHED FOR WEMBANYAMA's 3RD and 4TH FOULS? CHET

WHO SCORED THE GO AHEAD BASKET? CHET

TANGINA MO BOBONG BAKLA KA TALAGA, ngayon HOTDOG naman ni LOFTON gusto mo isubo

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post

Here is a video who clearly shows that Kai was sought after by NBL teams and a preview on how his coach will use Kai.

Bigs should function as bigs same with what happened for decades. GSW disrespected the game with their gameplay but I dont think it would be replicated again. They are on the twilight of their careers and having two of the greatest shooters of all time wont be easily replicated soon. GSW isnt even expected to be a contender these days based on how teams were beefing their roster with able big men. The trend is to shore the frontline with Giannis, Embiid, Jokic and Zion stoppers.
                          LOL its easy to talk trash about GSW these days with 1/2 of the Splash brothers out, teams already zeroed in their defense on Steph last year yet he still burned them, just imagine once Klay is back ... it'll be 2015 all over again LOL

The prototypical low post bigman is useless in the NBA because if they were then Embiid and Jokic would've been the ones who played in the finals and not Giannis and CP3

Grabe nakakahiya na itong si XTian nagiimbento ng facts palibhasa zero media coverage boypren niya sa US LOL

Comment

• LOL pang NBA yet couldn't even dominate 6'2-6'3 Indonesians at the post? played Boban well yet was relegated to BBQ chicken by Prosper? ampuchang mga nuthuggers dito talaga oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                              What’s new, ang type ko talaga chupain eh iyung mga supot
                              yuck kadiri, mahilig sa foreskin

Comment

• Jarod Lucus is NCAA Division 1 at Oregon State

His grandfather was Filipino, so I am not sure where he fits in to the passport issues.

The Oregon State Beavers made it to the Elite 8 of the US NCAA March Madness after years of struggle. Fil-Am Sophomore Jarod Lucas, which roots hail from Sam...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information