Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Another rumor by Snow regarding the Japeth B-League offer:
    Source told me that including bonuses and other perks plus his maximum contract, Japeth Aguilar is said to be receiving 950,000/ month at Ginebra.

BLEAGUE offer is 2M per month for next year then 2.8 in second season then 3.5 on last year of deal.

---
    So adding all that to 3 years is 100M PHP. That's x3 the money he'll be getting in the PBA for the next 3 years. He might be 34 years old but he's still serviceable. Will he bite on the offer?
    He should take it IMO. He has nothing to prove already sa PBA. He has already won championships and an all star. But one concern might be his wife is currently pregnant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
      He should take it IMO. He has nothing to prove already sa PBA. He has already won championships and an all star. But one concern might be his wife is currently pregnant.
      And, come on, I think Japeth would wanna stay with his wife and child for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        And, come on, I think Japeth would wanna stay with his wife and child for the year.
        What if the offer comes with family housing and child care?

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
          I say take it, and take the first flight to Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            After 6 games in the B-league, I like what I'm seeing in Kobe Paras' games so far. Yes, he's inconsistent but I think most of us didn't expect naman Kobe to be that consistent. What impressed me with how Kobe played in the B-league is the improved shooting & ball handling that he has exhibited so far. Yun ang mga aspects in his game that I want to see significant improvements eh. Of course, he still have some flaws in his game. But the positive thing is, Kobe was able to make improvements in shooting & ball handling which are 2 vital aspects of the game. Yung ibang mga flaws ni Kobe sa game, can be improved naman with focus & hard work.

Of course we still need to see more games from Kobe to make a better assessment of his game.
            Parang wala na rin ung wild lay-ups nya. Lumalabas na rin ubg effectiveness niya when attacking the basket.

Wala na rin akong babaguhin sa game nya. Gumanda lang conditioning niya okay na eh. Medyo talagang hingalin pa si Kobe. Medyo mahina stamina. Dapat sa kanya mg hillrun or something.

Comment

• SMC doesn't need to match the Japan offers. They will just ask the PBA to come up with rules that will discourage/ban players from going abroad. Problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                I think that should be a part of the demands Japeth needs to address when it comes to the negotiations with the B League teams.

Comment

• I'm just putting the schedule and links in advance to make things easier for me and everyone else. All games are live in Aiscore. I also posted the YT links for the games that will be available via Puso Pilipinas.

October 18 (Monday PH time)

Juan GDL vs Sendai (6 pm)

October 22 (Friday PH time)

Kobe vs Mikawa (6:05 pm)

October 23 (Saturday PH time)

Juan GDL vs Nagoya (12:30 pm)

Thirdy vs Javi GDL (1:05 pm) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPvJX4QgcrE

Kiefer vs BRP (2:05 pm)

Matthew vs Osaka (3:05 pm)

Kobe vs Mikawa (4:05 pm)

Kemark vs Kagawa (5:00 pm)

Dwight vs Ryukyu (5:05 pm)

October 24 (Sunday PH time)

Dwight vs Ryukyu (12:05 pm)

Kemark vs Kagawa (1:00 pm)

Thirdy vs Javi GDL (1:05 pm)

Kiefer vs BRP (2:05 pm) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dHIBRNEJGY

Juan GDL vs Nagoya (3:00 pm)

Matthew vs Osaka (3:05 pm)

Comment

• ^^Thanks, bro.
                    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      Dwight just need to improve his ball handling, aggressiveness and explosiveness while Kobe needs to improve his playmaking skills and to use his body in going to the rim instead of just relying on his athleticism..
                      I don't think Dwight will change his mindset, but I don't think that it is a bad thing at all. That's just Dwight. Like some IBNers said, he really does not have that Number 1 guy personality IMO. I see him more as a great complementary piece, and if he can improve his ball handling, he could be a PG. I am excited to see Dwight paired with a Kiefer or a Bolick in FIBA competition.

Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                      Parang wala na rin ung wild lay-ups nya. Lumalabas na rin ubg effectiveness niya when attacking the basket.

Wala na rin akong babaguhin sa game nya. Gumanda lang conditioning niya okay na eh. Medyo talagang hingalin pa si Kobe. Medyo mahina stamina. Dapat sa kanya mg hillrun or something.
                      I really like that Kobe is not forcing that many shots. The dude is playing within the system and picking his spots. Like you said, Kobe just needs to work on his conditioning. His decision making can be better but is good enough for his age and first professional stint.

Comment

• BRP with his best game today, so far. Coach was just managing his minutes and slowly breaking him in after his injury. He top scored for Nagoya today. Boy, this will be the start for BRP as primary scorer for his team.

Dwight is not import material. He has skills but only flourishes in the right system. He cannot take charge like imports do. Toyoma is a bad fit for him. He will eventually get his numbers but the team will not be getting up the standings any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
                          BRP with his best game today, so far. Coach was just managing his minutes and slowly breaking him in after his injury. He top scored for Nagoya today. Boy, this will be the start for BRP as primary scorer for his team.

Dwight is not import material. He has skills but only flourishes in the right system. He cannot take charge like imports do. Toyoma is a bad fit for him. He will eventually get his numbers but the team will not be getting up the standings any time soon.
                          Yeah, I am happy for BRP. Hopefully, this will be the start of his productive stretch until the end of the season. We all know what BRP is capable of. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Gilas jersey.

For Dwight, I do think he is import material, but obviously not the main star. Just a high level 2nd or third option for me. We should also cut him some slack. The dude just literally came out of quarantine and just practiced with Toyama on Friday. His imports, especially Mavunga, does not help his case either. It would be better if he had a larger sample size like the rest of the guys. Like BRP, I expect him to be fully back in his groove in 2 weeks, especially if Toyama can stop having the offense centered around Movunga and Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
                            BRP with his best game today, so far. Coach was just managing his minutes and slowly breaking him in after his injury. He top scored for Nagoya today. Boy, this will be the start for BRP as primary scorer for his team.

Parks doesn't look like import material in his first few games back from a minor injury. Dwight just got out of quarantine and has limited practice time, the thing is they're playing in a professional league and not just some low-level amateur competition where you can play well even without proper game shape and practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancho View Post
                              Parks doesn't look like import material in his first few games back from a minor injury. Dwight just got out of quarantine and has limited practice time, the thing is they're playing in a professional league and not just some low-level amateur competition where you can play well even without proper game shape and practice.
                              Well Parks has 5 years on Dwight and tons of PRO experience. The good thing is his coach is entrusting a lot of duties on him which is good for his development. Heck all of our players are getting their lion share of minutes except Juan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                                Yeah, I am happy for BRP. Hopefully, this will be the start of his productive stretch until the end of the season. We all know what BRP is capable of. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Gilas jersey.

For Dwight, I do think he is import material, but obviously not the main star. Just a high level 2nd or third option for me. We should also cut him some slack. The dude just literally came out of quarantine and just practiced with Toyama on Friday. His imports, especially Mavunga, does not help his case either. It would be better if he had a larger sample size like the rest of the guys. Like BRP, I expect him to be fully back in his groove in 2 weeks, especially if Toyama can stop having the offense centered around Movunga and Smith.
                                I think Dwight can be near import material if played right, he's more of a catch and shoot, move without the ball guy ala Klay thompson. I agree with others as well he's not comfortable bringing the ball down and creating shots 1v1, if this continues it will be good for his individual development as a potential PG for Gilas but not for the team's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information