Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    may tax pa. or tax is paid by employer?
    I hope they went the same process as OFWs so that only the country of their employment will tax their earnings as OFWs are tax exempt in the Philippines.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      I wonder if how is the paycheck in Taiwanese basketball? Mas malaki kaya swelduhan nila doon kisa sa PBA?
      Hindi tahts why the best taiwanese players nasa mainland
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        Taiwan's T1 League is also looking for Pinoy Hoopers.

There are three type of players in this league:

- Locals (Taiwanese players)
        - Foreign Players (World imports)
        - Third Type (Chinese, Naturalized, Asian players)

Rules:

- Teams can name up to 12 locals, 3 Foreign Players and 1 Third Type.
        - Third Types can only play up to two quarters per game.
        - Only two Foreign Players can play at the same time in a game. Foreign Players can play the entire game.

Who do you think are the Pinoy players that will in this league?

Will Navarro and Jordan Heading, I believe, have offers here but they are already in the PBA.

Ricci Rivero is being lured to play for Kaohsiung Poseidons. I don't know what happened there.

Dwight Ramos was first approached by the Taichung Suns before being signed by Toyama Grousers.

For me, guys like RJ Abarrientos, SJ Belangel and Geo Chiu will fit here.
        Nagjng consideration lang sila because of the lack of leagues sa pinas..

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
          Bro you forgot Jalen Romande Green. I just added him hehe.
          Is Jalen Green a Philippine passport holder or eligible for Philippines dual citizenship law?
          Last edited by tomcat; 09-12-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
            Wow Parks, I hope he joins Gilas

This is really the main best players per position for Gilas in my view

PG Kiefer
            SG Parks
            SF Dwight
            PF Baltazar
            C Kouame

Of course Kai is in list to
            How about Matt Wright sir Dave?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
              Is JC a Philippine passport holder or eligible for Philippines dual citizenship law?
              yes he already has ph passport. which is why he was able to play for us in asian games.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Wow Parks, I hope he joins Gilas

This is really the main best players per position for Gilas in my view

PG Kiefer
                SG Parks
                SF Dwight
                PF Baltazar
                C Kouame

Of course Kai is in list to
                parks is a good two-way player which is tabs kind of guy. surely tab will tap him if available. seems parks is happy in japan.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

yes he already has ph passport. which is why he was able to play for us in asian games.
                  My bad, I'm talking about Jalen Green..

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                    I looked up Titan Management right after Dwight’s signing. I’m curious to see who else is under this group, which of course automatically makes them a probable B League target. I was able to see some in their FB page, marami rin pala hawak na players to, mostly pros. And Perez is one of them. The rumors might have some truth to it.
                    Kenmark carino is part of tmg family
                    sigpic

Comment

parks is a good two-way player which is tabs kind of guy. surely tab will tap him if available. seems parks is happy in japan.
                      Parks pretty much depends on his own now. He has no father who used to support him. He is shaping his future now. I believe he will go wherever the money is. And his decision to play in japan was one of the best decisions he has ever done in his entire life. Good on him. I hope he succeeds more.

Comment

• Parks summer league teammate made it to the league!

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly agreed to a two-year $3.5 million contract with Canadian point guard Kevin Pangos.

Keving Pangos, a former pg for Gonzaga who played summer league with Parks.

2015–2016 Gran Canaria
                        2016–2018 Žalgiris Kaunas
                        2018–2020 FC Barcelona
                        2020–2021 Zenit Saint Petersburg

Last edited by Anonymous123; 09-12-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Don’t forget Remy Martin who pulled out of the NBA Draft and is playing his final year of D1 eligibility with the U of Kansas Jayhawks while pursuing his master’s degree there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Yeah, its the last part that really sucks becoz the sponsor will always demand a return of its investment.

I can't help but cherrish the basketball in the 80's & early to mid-90's when playing basketball was much less complicated & much simplier. When the late Drazen Petrovic wanted to play for Yugoslavia or Crotia, nothing could stop him from doing so (not even a civil war). When Arvidas Sabonis wanted to play for USSR during the 80's, there wasn't any obstacle.

Things have become very different now. Take the case of Serbia in the recent OQT, Jokic & Bogdan Bogdanovic didn't play for Serbia, hence Serbia which is a traditional basketball world superpower failed to make it to the Olympics. I wonder why Jokic & Bogdanovic were not able to play?

The only true amateurs in the US as of now are the ones who go to college,some would be one and done,since the offer of the agents is just too good to pass up.Most want to experience that college student athlete life,that means,balance academic,sports and if you want money work part-time like everyone else in college.At least now the US NCAA lets the student athlete to make money due to theme student athletes thru ads and so forth.In the case of Jokic,he might nursing an injury that his medical staff had advised to stay away from competitive basketball for awhile,in a Hollywood world he would ignore that advise and lead his National team to the Olympics,with a career ending injury probably but he will be the toast of the world.Athletes like everyone else has a right to make a decision,on his pro career,not his fans,coaches,gov't officials,etc.Its not like the athlete is being drafted to fight a war for his country and he declined.The pro athletes handlers,manager,agent,financial advisor and medical staff will have a say on his decision but in the end its the athlete himself will make that decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                              Parks pretty much depends on his own now. He has no father who used to support him. He is shaping his future now. I believe he will go wherever the money is. And his decision to play in japan was one of the best decisions he has ever done in his entire life. Good on him. I hope he succeeds more.
                              Buti kung his own he has his realtives on him also

Comment

As to question if this practice is common globally?
                                I think Kai is really in a unique situation, cause it's really rare for an overly commercial basketball industry like the Philippines to literally have a legit young NBA prospect.
                                We all know that in the Philippines a player as young as high school age , already has agents and parents already are given incentives like a Job and so on, this is common knowledge.
                                Thr thing with Kai is his overseas trips and trainings cost money and with the Philippine set up this has to come from commercial boosters , not individual parents like in many Western countries with their prospects.
                                The problem with this set up when an investor funds Kai's development, there has to be a return of investment. So essentially the "handlers " sell Kai for his services, whether that be as a player or his popularity (likeness).
                                It is what it is. And yes national team use of the player is also included that requires a pay fee arrangement.
                                development comes at a cost and with that, they will try to squeeze every penny from kai and thats pretty normal as thats how you run a business. EWP was never a charity. every move kai make's you can bet EWP will make sure someone will pay for that. that's not hard to comprehend.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information