Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
    Not even an exhibition game,its a scrimmage,he's a freshman even the veteran announcers said so.Chet will come on his own,he will be a force in Gonzaga and like any freshman he needs to earn a spot on the team.He's still have good timing on block shots inside the paint,since he has a 7'6 wing span.Almost all of them were just taking it easy,just a few of the older players are the only ones who's gunning it hard.When he starts playing with a decent playing time,then you can start judging him.But his agility on multiple-effort plays stood out, as he was sometimes seen stepping up to the front of the rim as the last line of defense to force a drop-off, turning around and contesting the dunker with a quick second jump.
    That would be more impressive if all of them are serious about the scrimmage but you said it yourself that almost all are taking it easy. Once again you downplay something then try to give him props for what he did based on the same thing.

You already did that when you were downplaying US HS competition making it sound like he's not getting enough competition there after Wembanyama seemingly outplayed him in the U19 finals, then proceeded to make a case for Chet with the awards from the same competition you were downplaying.

Comment

• With all the hype and skill he seems to possess, Chet will make the league anyway but being top prospect or top player once he makes the jump is still highly questionable. A decent freshman season where he can at least show case his potential can let him keep a top prospect tag and only a real dud of a collegiate run will drop his draft stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
        https://www.spin.ph//basketball/pba/...e_popular_side

LOL They don’t learn their lesson do they?
        As if they can easily get Allen Durham from B.League. He has a bigger contract there - probably more than 10x bigger than what he receives in Meralco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
          As if they can easily get Allen Durham from B.League. He has a bigger contract there - probably more than 10x bigger than what he receives in Meralco.
          di rin what will doom meralco and durham is uncertainty and the quarantine protocols
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Malakas na league pla.talaga b league.maraming former us ncaa players ang naglalaro ngayon. Ung team mate ni Kobe na si Rosco Allen at Reid Travis na former wildcats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
              Malakas na league pla.talaga b league.maraming former us ncaa players ang naglalaro ngayon. Ung team mate ni Kobe na si Rosco Allen at Reid Travis na former wildcats.
              They are demed as the last resort for big white bball players
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                This will depend if Japan will require Yuka to provide proof she relinquished her PH citizenship. If not, she'll not lose her PH citizenship even if she elects Japanese citizenship. It's hard to lose your PH citizenship now unlike before. Hehe
                I think Japan will ask to relinquish her Philippine citizenship if she elects to be Japanese. Like Tennis star Naomi Osaka gave up her US citizenship to play for Japan

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                  So it's only Saturday and Sunday lang pala schedule ng B-League.. Or maybe in next month eh they will add some gamedays to comply 60 game regular season schedule?
                  Weekends ( Sat and Sun) then Wednesday games once in a while. So at most, 6 months is B-League's regular season. (Oct then to March / April) . After that its the playoffs.

Comment

• If you play for Pido, then malamang you'd want to play in Japan instead lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                      Wow, 10 times than what he can get from Meralco!! Really? I thought mga 3 to 4 times lang. 10 times is a big difference.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        I thought their schedule are just like NBA schedule.. They have so many teams and their schedule are just Wed - Sat and Sun only.. Sabagay their regular season will run until April.. Much player friendly din ang schedule compare sa PBA...
                        That's a European-style schedule, actually.

Comment

• Slightly off topic, nasa B League din pala si Jawato. I wonder how he'll compare to Filipinos in the B. league. Just a curious assessment for the upcoming Asia Cup

Looks like he was hired by a strong team, though

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                            Slightly off topic, nasa B League din pala si Jawato. I wonder how he'll compare to Filipinos in the B. league. Just a curious assessment for the upcoming Asia Cup

Looks like he was hired by a strong team, though
                            He has yet to play for Tochigi Brex Utsunomiya. I bet Jawato is going to also shine in the B-league. I expect him to average around 15 pts per game even if he is playing for a higher tier B-league team. Here's a thing, the B-league has no good quality local "fours" as good or even someone who can come close to the skill level of Jawato.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              I can already picture him alone at a bar and getting drunk on whiskey.
                              He'll be with the SMC honchos haha

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                He has yet to play for Tochigi Brex Utsunomiya. I bet Jawato is going to also shine in the B-league. I expect him to average around 15 pts per game even if he is playing for a higher tier B-league team. Here's a thing, the B-league has no good quality local "fours" as good or even someone who can come close to the skill level of Jawato.
                                Disagree if Jawato plays the 4, he will be fitted against world imports who are a couple of inches taller than him. At 6'4, Jawato will be up against 6'7 or taller world imports if he plays the 4. The coach needs to slide him down to 3 where Asian imports like Thirdy, Dwight, Parks, and Javi are playing.
                                Last edited by Jackie Reaper; 10-12-2021, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information