So his mom is Japanese?
    From Twitter

Enzo Flojo
    FYI: According to Matt Aquino:

“Grandmother ko is Japanese then napasa sa mom ko and then sa akin.”
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• I am wondering right now about the depth of the 2022 PBA Draft with all the signings to B.League, T1 League, NBL Australia, NBL New Zealand and Overtime Elite.

Definitely, the talent pool for the next year's draft is thinning right now. Next year, KBL will open their league to Pinoy ballers so expect more Filipinos to skip PBA for the time being to try their luck overseas.
      Last edited by Jackie Reaper; 10-15-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        I don't exactly remember the details so I maybe wrong but didn't he focused on getting drafted and playing in the PBA before? Was it the contract issue?
        he stopped playing in fiba tournaments after the 2016 oqt when he started playing for alab. there were times when the abl was in the offseason and he declined playing for the gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
          he stopped playing in fiba tournaments after the 2016 oqt when he started playing for alab. there were times when the abl was in the offseason and he declined playing for the gilas.
          Blame it to ban-chot??? Lol
          Brp could’ve been part of the fiba asia cup 2017
          But coaching staff lined him up for the sea games.
          Lucky for cbc coz chot liked him too much lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• Another second generation star will be plying his craft in the B.League. Matthew Aquino has signed a three-year deal with Division I team Shinshu. The 24-year-old son of Marlou is already in Japan. He has also already practiced with the team. For Aquino, he feels happy for this opportunity which only comes to a select […]

Three-year deal with Shinshu Brave Warriors for Matt Aquino, as a Japanese local.

Comment

• https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/m...arriors/221798

But unlike the eight other Filipino players in the league — namely Thirdy Ravena (San-En), Kiefer Ravena (Shiga), Javi Gomez de Liano (Ibaraki), Bobby Ray Parks Jr. (Nagoya), Kobe Paras (Niigata), Dwight Ramos (Toyama), Juan Gomez de Liano (Tokyo Z) and Kemark Carino (Aomori), Aquino will not be classified as an Asian Quota Player. With his mom being Japanese, the 6-foot-8 stretch big man will be a local.

“Grandmother ko is Japanese then napasa sa mom ko and then sa akin,” he explained.

This would mean that besides Aquino, the Brave Warriors will also have 6-foot-10 American Josh Hawkinson, 6-foot-11 American Wayne Marshall, and 6-foot-7 American Anthony McHenry, along with 6-foot-6 Korean guard Jaemin Yang.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/m...arriors/221798

But unlike the eight other Filipino players in the league — namely Thirdy Ravena (San-En), Kiefer Ravena (Shiga), Javi Gomez de Liano (Ibaraki), Bobby Ray Parks Jr. (Nagoya), Kobe Paras (Niigata), Dwight Ramos (Toyama), Juan Gomez de Liano (Tokyo Z) and Kemark Carino (Aomori), Aquino will not be classified as an Asian Quota Player. With his mom being Japanese, the 6-foot-8 stretch big man will be a local.

“Grandmother ko is Japanese then napasa sa mom ko and then sa akin,” he explained.

This would mean that besides Aquino, the Brave Warriors will also have 6-foot-10 American Josh Hawkinson, 6-foot-11 American Wayne Marshall, and 6-foot-7 American Anthony McHenry, along with 6-foot-6 Korean guard Jaemin Yang.
                What a tall frontline for Shinshu.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Hmmm interesting Ben Mbala maybe was planning to play in B league? @5:00

Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• So is this the big man they were saying would be next to sign up for the B League? Or will there still be a PBA big who will jump over to Japan?

Comment

• Haven’t seen much of Aquino. I know he’s a stretch big, but does he have the potential to be a combo forward? Admit it or not, most of us were doubting Baltazar playing as a wing. Does he have the mobility, laterally specially, to defend the position? If not, then he’d be lucky to have a similar role to San en’s Ota, the 4th big in the rotation.

Anyways, goodluck to him. I hope he gets some burn and eventually be part of the rotation, not just token minutes
                      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Does that mean he will be benched, right?

No offense, but hes not an import so meaning to say, hes not favored to play big minutes likr Kiefer, Kobe, Ravena, just to name a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          Haven’t seen much of Aquino. I know he’s a stretch big, but does he have the potential to be a combo forward? Admit it or not, most of us were doubting Baltazar playing as a wing. Does he have the mobility, laterally specially, to defend the position? If not, then he’d be lucky to have a similar role to San en’s Ota, the 4th big in the rotation.

Anyways, goodluck to him. I hope he gets some burn and eventually be part of the rotation, not just token minutes
                          This is actually surprising because the kid is not even known in the Philippines to be good. I dont know. Maybe ive been living under a rock. I just dont think he will contribute well to the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                            Does that mean he will be benched, right?

No offense, but hes not an import so meaning to say, hes not favored to play big minutes likr Kiefer, Kobe, Ravena, just to name a few.
                            According to the article Shinshu management is willing to invest on his development thus, the 3 year contract, so yeah expect Matt to sit a lot this year as he is a project for Shinshu

Shinshu, which was promoted to B1 two years ago, is willing to invest in Aquino’s development.

And the only way Aquino will repay the trust given to him is by improving every day.

“Dun kami nagulat dun sa three-year offer,” he said. “Right now, the goal is to improve every day and take it step-by-step. I just want to improve myself and madami pa ako kailangang patunayan, hindi lang sa iba, kung hindi sa sarili ko.

Comment

According to the article Shinshu management is willing to invest on his development thus, the 3 year contract, so yeah expect Matt to sit a lot this year as he is a project for Shinshu

Shinshu, which was promoted to B1 two years ago, is willing to invest in Aquino’s development.

And the only way Aquino will repay the trust given to him is by improving every day.

“Dun kami nagulat dun sa three-year offer,” he said. “Right now, the goal is to improve every day and take it step-by-step. I just want to improve myself and madami pa ako kailangang patunayan, hindi lang sa iba, kung hindi sa sarili ko.
                              I think the long term deal was the clincher for Mtt choosing this team over chiba
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                                Haven’t seen much of Aquino. I know he’s a stretch big, but does he have the potential to be a combo forward? Admit it or not, most of us were doubting Baltazar playing as a wing. Does he have the mobility, laterally specially, to defend the position? If not, then he’d be lucky to have a similar role to San en’s Ota, the 4th big in the rotation.

If you saw Baltazar in HS, you know he can be a SF with mobility and shooting. Just like Dwight that was force to play 4 because they don't have tall players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information