Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/p...minutes/219123

"Parks, who missed the rest of the Philippine Cup Finals due to a left calf strain, went a perfect 5-of-5 from the field for 10 points to go along with an assist and a rebound in just 17 minutes of action. Moreover, he played lockdown defense on Crane Thunders import Trey McKinney-Jones."

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post

"Parks, who missed the rest of the Philippine Cup Finals due to a left calf strain, went a perfect 5-of-5 from the field for 10 points to go along with an assist and a rebound in just 17 minutes of action. Moreover, he played lockdown defense on Crane Thunders import Trey McKinney-Jones."
    10 pts in 17 mins is pretty damn impressive. Imagine if the game was already season.

Btw, anyone remember Eric Menks comment about Kobes lateral speed? He said something along the lines of...'he might have a problem playing pro due to his lateral speed'.

I wonder if its still gonna be a concern for Kobe when the season starts.
    Magic_chiongson is the oldest fat troll in the history of the internet

Chef30 - Isang malaking IPIS, no life, no money, GORILLA, FAT, USELESS, POS, PALAMUNIN, BATUGAN. GORILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    $30,000 a month (1.5 million in PHP)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/gener...-20210911-lfrm
    may tax pa. or tax is paid by employer?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I looked up Titan Management right after Dwight’s signing. I’m curious to see who else is under this group, which of course automatically makes them a probable B League target. I was able to see some in their FB page, marami rin pala hawak na players to, mostly pros. And Perez is one of them. The rumors might have some truth to it.
    So same group that owned by Cariaso ad late Su Daniels
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I looked up Titan Management right after Dwight’s signing. I’m curious to see who else is under this group, which of course automatically makes them a probable B League target. I was able to see some in their FB page, marami rin pala hawak na players to, mostly pros. And Perez is one of them. The rumors might have some truth to it.
    Hahaha! SMB watchout, U might lose one of your most precious player once his contract expires! Mapipilitan ang SMC to match a possible B-league team offer for Perez. But a possible contract offer for Perez by a B-league would be too expensive for a PBA team to match.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Not really surprising for Parks to play this kind of game in a tune-up of B-league teams. We all know what Parks is capable of doing once he sets his mind to it. Attitude lang talaga ang problema minsan sa kanya. But skill wise & in terms basketball I. Q, Parks easily possesses both.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope for local telecast, either TV5 or One or any local or cable chanels. Same with NBL since Kai is in NBL.
    Medyo iffy ako when it comes to the TV5 / One Sports telecast since it will interfere nga yung sa PBA where MVP has teams. pero we will see. Hopefully for a marketing standpoint, gawin ng MVP group na mag pa telecast.

Yup, madami na sila hawak, Malonzo and Laput under din sa Titan.

The "under the rader bigman" rumored being offered to the B-League might be Isaac Go.
    That clue was given by Charles Tiu, so same tayo ng hula hehe. and also the Xavier connection between him and Go makes it more believable na si Isaac Go might be next. Wonder how will Terrafirma react given na si Go nga yun

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    List of Filipinos/Fil-foreigners playing oversees

B league Division 1

Thirdy Ravena (San-en Neo Phoenix)

Kiefer Ravena (Shiga Lakestars)

Bobby Ray Parks (Nagoya Diamond)

Javi GDL (Ibaraki Robots)

Kobe Paras (Niigata Albirex)

Dwight Ramos (Toyama Grouses)

B league Division 2

Juan GDL (Tokyo Z)

Kenmark Cariño (Aomori Watts)

NBL Australia

Kai Sotto (Adelaide 36ers)

NBL New Zealand

Ken Tuffin (Wellington Saints)

Overtime Elite USA

Lebron Lopez

First Women's Basketball League of Serbia

Jack Animam (Radnički Kragujevac)

NBA

Jordan Clarkson (Utah Jazz)

Jalen Green (Houston Rockets)

NCAA Division 1

Dalph Panopio (Cal State Bakersfield)

AJ Edu (Toledo Rockets)
    Bro you forgot Jalen Romande Green. I just added him hehe.

I hope parks assist game improve in Japan he can easily average trip double but he is a natural scorer and not initiator passer in Phil ball setting, not that he isnt fan of passing he is bit not the one who only pass for an assist stat
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Bro you forgot Jalen Romande Green. I just added him hehe.
    Thanks for reminding me, hehe. I hope he can also be a Gilas option in the future. Who knows? Maybe the hagop rule will change, especially when other countries are finding loopholes ala Qatar, Indonesia, and etc.

Wow Parks, I hope he joins Gilas

This is really the main best players per position for Gilas in my view

PG Kiefer
    SG Parks
    SF Dwight
    PF Baltazar
    C Kouame

Of course Kai is in list to

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Wow Parks, I hope he joins Gilas

This is really the main best players per position for Gilas in my view

PG Kiefer
    SG Parks
    SF Dwight
    PF Baltazar
    C Kouame

Of course Kai is in list to
    3 out of 5 are B.League imports. Baltazar is a potential Asian import. Kouame is a good prospect in Europe or World import in Japan or Korea.

We only need 2-3 players in the PBA. That's it.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Baltazar is a potential Asian import.
    I'm hoping to see Balty sign with the B league or the KBL, but who knows? Maybe as a DP in the NBL. Not sure if he would thrive in that NBL situation though.

Kouame is a good prospect in Europe or World import in Japan or Korea.
    If Mbala could grind himself up to be a LNB Pro player, then I don't see why Koaume could not in the foreseeable future.

We only need 2-3 players in the PBA. That's it.
    Which PBA players would you like to be invited? I am thinking of Bolick, especially since he is with SMC, as a possible PBA reinforcement. Also, there is a good chance that Perez could sign with a B League team if his contract expires, especially since he is being handled by the same management group as Dwight (Titan).

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    I'm hoping to see Balty sign with the B league or the KBL, but who knows? Maybe as a DP in the NBL. Not sure if he would thrive in that NBL situation though.
    We hope that Delta allows Balty to try his luck overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy
    Which PBA players would you like to be invited? I am thinking of Bolick, especially since he is with SMC, as a possible PBA reinforcement. Also, there is a good chance that Perez could sign with a B League team if his contract expires, especially since he is being handled by the same management group as Dwight (Titan).
    I believe that we need players in the guard spot.

I have Bolick, Perez and Black as my handpicks.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

We hope that Delta allows Balty to try his
    Well, if a B-league team offer is significantly better than what Balty can get from a PBA team, then I don't see any reason why Delta would not allow Balty to play in Japan. If Balty can get at least 1 million pesos per month offer from a B-league team, then saan ka pa?

Taiwan's T1 League is also looking for Pinoy Hoopers.

There are three type of players in this league:

- Locals (Taiwanese players)
    - Foreign Players (World imports)
    - Third Type (Chinese, Naturalized, Asian players)

Rules:

- Teams can name up to 12 locals, 3 Foreign Players and 1 Third Type.
    - Third Types can only play up to two quarters per game.
    - Only two Foreign Players can play at the same time in a game. Foreign Players can play the entire game.

Who do you think are the Pinoy players that will in this league?

Will Navarro and Jordan Heading, I believe, have offers here but they are already in the PBA.

Ricci Rivero is being lured to play for Kaohsiung Poseidons. I don't know what happened there.

Dwight Ramos was first approached by the Taichung Suns before being signed by Toyama Grousers.

For me, guys like RJ Abarrientos, SJ Belangel and Geo Chiu will fit here.

I wonder if how is the paycheck in Taiwanese basketball? Mas malaki kaya swelduhan nila doon kisa sa PBA?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I wonder if how is the paycheck in Taiwanese basketball? Mas malaki kaya swelduhan nila doon kisa sa PBA?
    in between locals and world imports.

I believe that Sani Sakakini was signed by Taichung Suns as Asian import as the deal with Dwight Ramos was unsuccessful.

edit: foreign general pala si Sakakini. that means that he is a world import.
    Last edited by ja.he; 09-12-2021 at 03:16 AM.

Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast