Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Another right hand drive to the basket by Kobe.

6:00 min mark

At meron pa during sea games.

The guy who made the video about Kobe not comfortable with his right hand is just nit-picking too much.
    I think it's the other way around. If you had to dig up clips from way back 7 years ago and from 2017 SEA games just to see instances of Kobe driving to the right then you might be nit-picking. Yeshkel didn't say Kobe absolutely CANNOT drive to the right but he said he's comfortable dribbling to the left and often prefers going to the left than right. Even forcing the drives going to the left sometimes. I could link you tons of clips of Kobe driving the left lane and only a handful of Kobe dribbling to the right.

"Kasi sa kanan, parang hindi sya ganun ka komportable. Dati pa ito sa UP pa. Mas gusto nya talaga sa kaliwa kesa sa kanan. So ang nangyayari tuloy, instead na i-derecho nya sa kanan, nililipat pa niya sa kaliwa. Parang kasi hindi ganun ka komportable kapag sa kanan siya eh" - Exact quote.

More UP Kobe clips:

Watch the best plays of Kobe Paras in the round 1 of UAAP 82 Men's Basketball.Subscribe to ABS-CBN Sports channel! - http://bit.ly/ABSCBNSportsVisit our webs...

Subscribe to ABS-CBN Sports channel! - http://bit.ly/ABSCBNSportsVisit our website at http://sports.abs-cbn.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/ABSCBNSport...

Comment

• Isn't that the same?

Not comfortable = parang hindi sya ganun ka komportable; Parang kasi hindi ganun ka komportable kapag sa kanan siya eh.

At the end of the day, he thinks Kobe is not dominant driving to his right which is wrong imho.

Honestly, thats the most glaring comment he ever said in that video. The rest was spot on.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

1:49 min mark.

"parang parin ba yan" ?

Comment

• KOBE PARAS FULL HIGHLIGHTS | 2019 BLIA Cup MVPParas averaged 19.6 points per game in the tournament.University of the PhilippinesBLIA CUPKobe ParasUP MAROONS...

1:04, 1:30, 3:20

parang parin ba yan?

Di kaya ngkataon lang kaya sa left cya madalas napunta?

Comment

Isn't that the same?
            At the end of the day, he thinks Kobe is not dominant driving to his right which is wrong imho.
            He is right about that. I don't get it. What are you disputing? That Kobe is equally good at dribbling going to the left and right? I don't think so. Right now, he predictably goes and prefers his left. A simple eye test even back to his UP days can prove that. Why else would Kobe choose to usually barrel down the left lane where there's multiple defenders instead of choosing going all the way to his right as explained in the video?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
              He is right about that. I don't get it. What are you disputing? That Kobe is equally good at dribbling going to the left and right? I don't think so. Right now, he predictably goes and prefers his left. A simple eye test even back to his UP days can prove that. Why else would Kobe choose to usually barrel down the left lane where there's multiple defenders instead of choosing going all the way to his right as explained in the video?
              Bro, Im here not to debate with anyone. And im trying to calm my self right now tbh.

Bka nga nagkataon lang na lagi cya sa left. dba? relax and Im relaxed at this point.

Only 2 games. hanggang May pa games nila.

dating kc skn di kaya or di comfortable or whatever eh. But to me he is wrong. Do I think you're wrong? I dont care. Im not against you.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNvokWQz4L4&t=452s

1:04, 1:30, 3:20

parang parin ba yan?

Di kaya ngkataon lang kaya sa left cya madalas napunta?
                So are those handful of clips of both videos adding up to almost 20 mins suppose to prove that Kobe can equally comfortably go left and right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
                  So are those handful of clips of both videos adding up to almost 20 mins suppose to prove that Kobe can equally comfortably go left and right?
                  Kobe is a versatile guard. can shoot with both hands (lay-ups) and drive either side. Yes. Absolutely.

Are you still on a debate mode bro?

Comment

Bro, Im here not to debate with anyone. And im trying to calm my self right now tbh.

Bka nga nagkataon lang na lagi cya sa left. dba? relax and Im relaxed at this point.

Only 2 games. hanggang May pa games nila.

dating kc skn di kaya or di comfortable or whatever eh. But to me he is wrong. Do I think you're wrong? I dont care. Im not against you.
                    Don't get me wrong. The point of the video and what I'm saying is not to bash Kobe but to say he's a long way to go from his potential. Like Yeshkel's video said "He has a potential of a Kai Sotto". His game will improve tremendously when he gets consistent and masters going to the left and right.

Comment

• jan ka na bro. di mo pinanood clips na pinost ko.

master or not, he can do either side.

bye.

Comment

• I think we are overrating Jakrawan here. Sure he dominated Go and Carino in a blowout loss But at this point of his career, he is no better than Poy or Ian. Last I checked, Carino signed a contract with an established league, albeit in Div 2 but compare that to Taiwan's newest league, who's federation has no pro -league since its last one folded more than a decade ago. (SBL is semi-pro)

Comment

• I might be missing something here because I don’t see Jakrawan as anything more than a slightly better Almazan. The reason he does well in Thailand is because of high usage rate since I don’t think they have any other 6’9 players worth a salt. Just like JMF in the pba.

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
                            I might be missing something here because I don’t see Jakrawan as anything more than a slightly better Almazan. The reason he does well in Thailand is because of high usage rate since I don’t think they have any other 6’9 players worth a salt. Just like JMF in the pba.

^^ my point exactly

On Kobe: he's ambidextrous and athletic AF. lets's give him those, but the key for him is consistency, 25 points (but only 5 in the last half) and only 10 points the next is far for being consistent. But coach is trusting enough to leave him on final minutes when he hit those crucial points. and i think Kobe's jumper is better than Thirdy's. Si Thirday parang poor poor poor man's version of Russel WestBRICK. If Kobe can hit those mid range on a regular basis, then he'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              I'm not fan of him also, But he can't sign any B-League teams because they didn't include Thais on Asian import quota.. But i'm sure he will land a spot as Asian import in B-League (even atleast in Div.2) if they will also allowed Thais to join.. Japan didn't respect Thai basketball yet...
                              Post-covid, PBA should open to SEA Nation neighbors. I think it was discussed before in a different thread, but thats a quick solution to fill-in the void left by Thirdy and Co. they should think of tapping the Thai, Viet, SG and Indon pools. Allow dual citizens (Half SEA National - Half Others) too.

Think of the TV market for the PBA , that's a 655 million market.

Comment

• Originally posted by kukikups View Post
                                It's not that he's not comfortable with his right hand. The point of the video is he goes left almost predictably (not shoot left), na pag naipit force the side step right or force it up. It seems at least for that 2 games he keeps going left kahit pilit.
                                Good point bro. I want to see about 5 more games from Kobe in the B-league before I can make an assessment of his performance.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information