Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The July to September PBA off-season was during the reign of Noli Eala as PBA Commissioner in the mid-2000's. I think it was during that period that a PBA season was reduced to only 2 conferences. That for me was Noli Eala's greatest contribution to Phi basketball.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Pre pandemic that is also the schedule of PBA, Oct to July. The issue is players are tired, could get injured and also Mother teams won't release them.
    I hope that B.League won't do the same. We did have Thirdy not joining the AQ because of commitments in Japan. Ofcouse Thirdy did join the Jordan Tournament but with little practice time.
    That early-October to mid-July (mid-August pa nga on some seasons due to introduction of FIBA qualifying windows) schedule that PBA heads employed during the era of PBA's FIBA participation was still too long. But then again, may sariling mandate ang PBA on how to run their business, which SBP can't really significantly impact.

If there's any help to the NT that PBA can give at this point, it's only the Gilas cadets draft. Pero sana mas lalo pang mag-improve yung quality ng mga players joining that draft.

if anyone of you interested where lemanis is coaching right now.. he’s coaching a B3 league team in japan

https://re-how.net/all/1246735/

My source just phoned in from Japan to tell me that "three of the biggest names in the
    @pbaconnect
    are headed to the B League soon."

It's an exciting time for them to have found this pathway that leads to better pay and more happiness.
    https://twitter.com/HomerSayson/stat...87999297339401

Any guesses on the "Three biggest names?"

This could be the Romeo, CJ Perez, Bolick rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post

For me, it is Perez, Standhardinger, and Bolick. I would be happy to see Romeo, but he is already committed to SMC unless both parties decided otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    For me, it is Perez, Standhardinger, and Bolick. I would be happy to see Romeo, but he is already committed to SMC unless both parties decided otherwise.
    Didn't Romeo just sign a contract extension?

Perez, Bolick, and CS sounds plausible. I'd throw in Oftana too.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Didn't Romeo just sign a contract extension?

Perez, Bolick, and CS sounds plausible. I'd throw in Oftana too.
    Romeo signed a 3 year contract extension back in 2019. It ends next year 2022

Bolick isn't used to losing. He'll never win anything if he stays with a farm team. A guy that competitive would be hard to rein in when a team wants to lose.

I wonder what's the public opinion's gonna be if does end up with Ginebra.. I'd rather see him play abroad but it's almost inevitable that he replaces Ginebra's aging guards or isKATI

man i would love to see bolick in BLeague. he would do really well there.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Pwede din Matthew Wright.. If you saw his performance this season eh he's not happy w/ his current team situation.. Especially when Abueva trade to Magnolia.. Remember, he was vocal to be traded but no takers yet because Phoenix want a fair trade for him.. Di kasi farm team (as of now) ang Phoenix eh.. I see him the 1st one will go.. Other two would be either Cstand, Perez and Bolick.. Especially if the price is right.. Even SMC can't compete with Japan's salary can offer.. I know Junmar earning 1.5 million per month (as per latest reports) but he's the superstar already and franchise player of SMB.. but not anyone can get that Junmar's salary here, unless they will go to Japan..

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Bolick isn't used to losing. He'll never win anything if he stays with a farm team. A guy that competitive would be hard to rein in when a team wants to lose.

I wonder what's the public opinion's gonna be if does end up with Ginebra.. I'd rather see him play abroad but it's almost inevitable that he replaces Ginebra's aging guards or isKATI
    Will Ginebra can match the offer of B-League teams? And another thing if Bolick wants to play for Gilas then B-League route is the safest way... But if Bolick is contented to stay here then good choice playing here, especially joining the most popular team in the country today...

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    I thought only those who qualified as natural born for their national team in Fiba qualify as Asian imports in the B league? Are these news on Standhardinger, Roosevelt Adams real or just noise from their agents?
    Most likely noise. Pampalaki ng TF. The coverage of Asian player quota is in the website of B.League unless they tweak the rule again. You just need a good translator since it is written in Japanese.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Yes you're right he was 20 , point is his FIBA world exposure was beneficial for increasing his stock, a point for our Gilas players

as mentioned in previous post , yes a player like Hermoso can be import level , but what matters is actually getting signed and staying there. and in Fotu's case he's done it .
    2014–2017 Zaragoza
    2014–2015 →Manresa
    2017–2019 ratiopharm Ulm
    2019–2020 Universo Treviso
    2020–2021 Reyer Venezia
    2021–present Utsunomiya Bre

here is some sensitive info, that gives you some idea of why Fotu is in Japan leaving Europe and how much Japan pays (much more than NBL) .
    He's getting $ 850,000 for 1 season ! in B- league. No one get's that in the NBL !
    That's a lot of money for AJ Edu for the next season of B.League(2022-2023)..

This sounds beautiful music to my ears. Kahit pure rumor pa lang ito, I feel there's a big chance magiging totoo ito. As the old saying goes, "If there's smoke, there's fire".

I could sense Kume Marcial, Long Hair & some PBA & SMC people are having some headache.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Pwede din Matthew Wright.. If you saw his performance this season eh he's not happy w/ his current team situation.. Especially when Abueva trade to Magnolia.. Remember, he was vocal to be traded but no takers yet because Phoenix want a fair trade for him.. Di kasi farm team (as of now) ang Phoenix eh.. I see him the 1st one will go.. Other two would be either Cstand, Perez and Bolick.. Especially if the price is right.. Even SMC can't compete with Japan's salary can offer.. I know Junmar earning 1.5 million per month (as per latest reports) but he's the superstar already and franchise player of SMB.. but not anyone can get that Junmar's salary here, unless they will go to Japan..

Hahaha! This statement makes me laugh! Its like saying, "SMC teams are interested in acquiring Matt Wright but Phoenix won't trade Wright in a lop-sided trade with an SMC team". Phoenix won't trade a legit superstar for some pieces of stinky garbage that an SMC would offer, well at least for now.

When an SMC team is involved in trade, it has to be in a lop-sided fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Hahaha! This statement makes me laugh! Its like saying, "SMC teams are interested in acquiring Matt Wright but Phoenix won't trade Wright in a lop-sided trade with an SMC team". Phoenix won't trade a legit superstar for some pieces of stinky garbage that an SMC would offer, well at least for now.

When an SMC team is involved in trade, it has to be in a lop-sided fashion.
    Yeah.. I know that Calvin situation are different.. He was headcase that time.. Phoenix can't do nothing at this point but to trade him for lesser value.. But Phoenix should ask more than Banchero + this year's pick (Muyang).. I hope that they not give up their own first rounder that time.. But hey, they get Abueva before to a lesser value also (Abueva for Dehesa plus picks).. So patas lang din... Overall, Phoenix management should do something now if they still want to retain Wright.. If his contract is over by December and they can't sign him, expect Wright to go Japan...

Maybe SMC's biggest rival & threat in monopolizing talent right now as well as in the future is not the MVP group or any other PBA team, but its now the B-league - something which have the money, resources & the will power to get what they want. SMC now would be compelled to match what B-league teams could possibly offer SMC players in order to keep those players from playing in Japan.

And better that way!

Buti nga sa SMC & the PBA that they are now so threatened by the B-league. Nothing makes me happier than see SMC & PBA getting a KARMA! What goes around comes around.

I was able to watch in PR's Baloncesto Super Nacional. Balkman is currently playing for Guaynabo Mets. After that games in Argentina's Liga Nacional de Basquet. All I can that PR and Argentina, together with DR's Liga Nacional de Baloncesto, have the best of both world. Teams are tall, athletic but fundamentally sound. The plays are good as well. Di boring yung mga liga. The commetators are hyped.

I hope that our players will make in these leagues kahit yung mga FIBA-eligibles players na lang in the US NCAA or NAIA. That's only my wishful thinking.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Maybe SMC's biggest rival & threat in monopolizing talent right now as well as in the future is not the MVP group or any other PBA team, but its now the B-league - something which have the money, resources & the will power to get what they want. SMC now would be compelled to match what B-league teams could possibly offer SMC players in order to keep those players from playing in Japan.

And better that way!

Buti nga sa SMC & the PBA that they are now so threatened by the B-league. Nothing makes me happier than see SMC & PBA getting a KARMA! What goes around comes around.
    Agreed. If PBA people are smart, they will not let their collective egos get in the way and see these events as a sign that now is really the time to effect long-term, genuine changes to their organization. And again, as I said before in this forum, adapt policies from other professional sports league around the world that would benefit PBA and its club members financially.

From Twitter

Snow Badua
    FLASH: Teams from Taiwan League T1 also interested at CHRISTIAN STANDHARDINGER

Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast