No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Kai will peak at age 25-30. So, time is on his sode and if gets good trainers, he can be one of Asia's greatest, not just tallest

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
      I think Kai will peak at age 25-30. So, time is on his sode and if gets good trainers, he can be one of Asia's greatest, not just tallest

At this point he's already going to the next level of competition,by going to Australia's NBL,and after that hopefully a pathway to the NBA,is in the future works and he will be totally ready at all levels in 2 to 3 years.

Comment

• I am curious, how does Adelaide play in the NBL? Any comparisons to any team we know of? Be it NBA, FIBA, PBA, etc.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Comment

• Kaya nasabi kong superstar si rj eh, can be a good thing or a bad thing
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
              I am curious, how does Adelaide play in the NBL? Any comparisons to any team we know of? Be it NBA, FIBA, PBA, etc.
              I actually do not see much difference or any significant distinctive style from one NBL team to another , but more a difference of how NBL teams in generally play as compared to NBA and of course PBA. for one there is really less reliance on isolations. there are hardly any players who score 30 pts or more in any game. if a player does score a lot over 25 pts , it's really at a very efficient rate,, few touches and few attempts. a lot more ball movement .
              Generally the more productive big men , have had outside shots ( 3 pt line) like Landale. Additionally a big really needs to play decent pick and roll defense and show / switch to perimeter.. or else he will sit.. Cause opposing teams will expose that weakness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                I think Kai will peak at age 25-30. So, time is on his sode and if gets good trainers, he can be one of Asia's greatest, not just tallest
                With confidence, I say Kai Sotto would be in the same boat as prime Hamed Hadadi & Wang Zhizhi. I saw Hadadi's game when he was around 21 yrs old, I think skill wise (& I'd like to emphasize, skill wise lang ha), a 19-yr old Kai is better than him.

With Wang Zhizhi-Kai Sotto comparison, its hard to tell becoz Wang was already so skilled even when he was 20 or 21 yrs old. But I think yung lamang ni Kai over Wang is in the ball handling skills. At 19 yrs of age, Kai's ball handling is already so impressive for a 7-footer.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                  So I think most of here agree now that Kai is a mobile big man. And can move laterally on defense.
                  In the Asian basketball standards bro, Kai is quick/agile & highly mobile for a 7-footer. Of course when we talk of NBA standards, I can't say the same thing about Kai
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    With confidence, I say Kai Sotto would be in the same boat as prime Hamed Hadadi & Wang Zhizhi. I saw Hadadi's game when he was around 21 yrs old, I think skill wise (& I'd like to emphasize, skill wise lang ha), a 19-yr old Kai is better than him.

With Wang Zhizhi-Kai Sotto comparison, its hard to tell becoz Wang was already so skilled even when he was 20 or 21 yrs old. But I think yung lamang ni Kai over Wang is in the ball handling skills. At 19 yrs of age, Kai's ball handling is already so impressive for a 7-footer.
                    Young wang was outplayed by marlou. Young hadadi was outplayed by asi. I am expecting that when he plays against yi or hadadi, he would be outplayed by the veterans. If not, he is potentially next to yao in asian atg

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
                      Young wang was outplayed by marlou. Young hadadi was outplayed by asi. I am expecting that when he plays against yi or hadadi, he would be outplayed by the veterans. If not, he is potentially next to yao in asian atg
                      I watched the video of that Centennial team vs. China semis game in the 1998 Asian Games a month ago, & I think "outplayed" is not the right term to discribe how Wang Zhizhi played against Marlou Aquino. I think Wang & Marlou had almost identical stats. Marlou blocked Wang's shot but naka ganti naman si Wang kay Marlou with a block. Bottomline is, China beat our Centennial team.

If I remember it right, when Wang Zhizhi faced Korea with 6-10 center Seo Jang Hoon spearheading Korea, Wang played an excellent game to lead China to the gold medal. Seo was considered among the elite big men of Asian basketball at that time.

Comment

yessir. completely agree with this if you are insinuating that this would be kai's basement. but i think his ceiling is much higher. aside from ball handling, kai is more athletic and mobile than the two. altho to be fair to the past asian legends, the game was different back then.

Comment

In the Asian basketball standards bro, Kai is quick/agile & highly mobile for a 7-footer. Of course when we talk of NBA standards, I can't say the same thing about Kai
                          Kai is still a few pounds of muscle away from being a standard NBA big. He'll get there eventually.

I'm just happy we now have a modern big man. Hoping to see Geo Chiu get that sort of mobility and shooting touch from the perimeter.

Comment

• Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Juan, Thirdy, Kiefer, Kai, Tungcab. These are some players who have been offered/are playing in foreign leagues. With the recent development that the Korean Basketball League is increasing their Asian Import quota, I expect a lot more Filipinos to take the wares elsewhere. This bodes well for our NT. I also hope that the exodus of our young prospects spurs change within the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
                              Kai is still a few pounds of muscle away from being a standard NBA big. He'll get there eventually.

I'm just happy we now have a modern big man. Hoping to see Geo Chiu get that sort of mobility and shooting touch from the perimeter.
                              My wish for Geo is that he becomes a bigger and more mobile version of Isaac Go. Kahit yun lang, I'd be happy na. he would be a perfect back up big for the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post

My wish for Geo is that he becomes a bigger and more mobile version of Isaac Go. Kahit yun lang, I'd be happy na. he would be a perfect back up big for the NT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information