Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
    Korea and China will start hiring Filipino players too next year.

As per kuliglig, here are the priority targets:

China and Korea:
    Junemar Fajardo
    Jayson Castro
    Japeth Aguilar
    Stanley Pringle
    Troy Rosario (still has 3 year contract)
    Terrence Romeo
    Japeth Aguilar
    CJ Perez
    Paul Lee

Korea:
    Roosevelt Adams
    Chris Banchero
    Ian Sangalang
    Allyn Bulanadi
    Rey Suerte

Snow Badua fb account
    China will definitely restrict our players from playing for Gilas, so I don't support Gilas eligibles to play there like Japeth, Terrence, Junmar, and CJ. Yung iba oks lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
      Korea and China will start hiring Filipino players too next year.

As per kuliglig, here are the priority targets:

China and Korea:
      Junemar Fajardo
      Jayson Castro
      Japeth Aguilar
      Stanley Pringle
      Troy Rosario (still has 3 year contract)
      Terrence Romeo
      Japeth Aguilar
      CJ Perez
      Paul Lee

Korea:
      Roosevelt Adams
      Chris Banchero
      Ian Sangalang
      Allyn Bulanadi
      Rey Suerte

Snow Badua fb account
      If some of these players mentioned would play either in China or Korea, this would balance the competition in the PBA. Hence, teams like NLEX, Alaska, ROS, Northport, will have a better chance of winning championships in the PBA.

Imagine an SMB team without Junmar & CJ Perez. A Ginebra team without Japeth & stanley Pringle. A TNT team without Castro & Troy Rosario. And a Magnolia team w/o Paul Lee & Sangalang.

I see Leo Austria getting his butts kicked as SMB coach becoz without his marque players, he can't lead SMB to a decent finish. Austria looked good a coach becoz of the decisive edge in talent his SMB team have over the rest of the pack.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
        China will definitely restrict our players from playing for Gilas, so I don't support Gilas eligibles to play there like Japeth, Terrence, Junmar, and CJ. Yung iba oks lang.
        I see it otherwise. I mean Junmar, Japeth, Romeo, Perez staying in the PBA, di rin naman sila ipapahiram ng SMC sa Gilas so I would rather see them play in China na lang.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          I see it otherwise. I mean Junmar, Japeth, Romeo, Perez staying in the PBA, di rin naman sila ipapahiram ng SMC sa Gilas so I would rather see them play in China na lang.
          I agree. As if those guys would be willingly offered by SMC anyway. And I thought we're all in on the young guns now?

Comment

• I just read a comment that the PBA is getting what it deserves for allowing farm teams. They're turning into a "farm league" now. Got a taste of their own medicine.

But to be honest, out of all the names. I don't see Junemar taking the offers. He already didn't take the CBA offer years ago when he was at his peak then obviously he won't now. Not with the ongoing pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              I agree. As if those guys would be willingly offered by SMC anyway. And I thought we're all in on the young guns now?
              won't hurt to insert a Junemar as backup bigman, especially in the World Cup 2023 where you don't know which team you will meet in the QF(!) and instant offense/game changer is required.

Japeth will suck in a Tab system. Perez already sucks in a Tab system, my opinion based on Feb 2020 Fiba Asia ACQ, needs more time to understand the system. Romeo is already a team-chemistry wrecker as in Fiba Asia Cup 2017, but if there's some who can use Romeo best, it's Tab.

Comment

• All of a sudden, opportunities are opening for our players. I love this situation.

B.League
                KBL
                CBA
                NBL
                T1 League

Then there are leagues like ABL (hope it will reopen soon) and TBSL. I hope that NBL in New Zealand reopens there Oceania Player Quota and expand it to Asia.

Players can bounce around in these league. I hope that PBA will accepts the globalization of basketball this time and try to change their league for their own good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                  In more lighthearted news, Dwight Ramos is fast gaining a female following in Japan. Parang Rukawa effect.
                  Hindi naman kasi kagandahan GF niya to begin with

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                    Hindi naman kasi kagandahan GF niya to begin with
                    Maganda si Desiree Cheng. Unfortunately, I was not able to see her in person. Since I'm from Adamson, puro si Benting, Pineda, Villanueva and Galanza lang ang nakikita ko. Sad. Haha
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
                      won't hurt to insert a Junemar as backup bigman, especially in the World Cup 2023 where you don't know which team you will meet in the QF(!) and instant offense/game changer is required.

Japeth will suck in a Tab system. Perez already sucks in a Tab system, my opinion based on Feb 2020 Fiba Asia ACQ, needs more time to understand the system. Romeo is already a team-chemistry wrecker as in Fiba Asia Cup 2017, but if there's some who can use Romeo best, it's Tab.
                      Ha? From what I remember, CJ Perez didn't play badly with Gilas in the 1st window of the Asia Cup qualifiers February last year. The thing is, Perez was among the best performers (together with Bolick) in the Yeng Guiao-mentored PBA-select Gilas team in the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post

Yeah but he's clearly not 100%. And he was bad defensively before that injury. I shudder to think how bad he is now..

Do we need romeo now? Sure he's tons better than SJ and RJ but I rather audition others guards before him. And it's not like SMB is gonna release him with Perez/JF if ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                          All of a sudden, opportunities are opening for our players. I love this situation.

B.League
                          KBL
                          CBA
                          NBL
                          T1 League

Then there are leagues like ABL (hope it will reopen soon) and TBSL. I hope that NBL in New Zealand reopens there Oceania Player Quota and expand it to Asia.

Players can bounce around in these league. I hope that PBA will accepts the globalization of basketball this time and try to change their league for their own good.
                          Once this pandemic finally subsides, that's when things will come full swing.

What I see the PBA doing is strengthening a developmental academy in order to sell players abroad. It will be difficult to match the B. League and other leagues in terms of salary, so they might do what countries without a strong league system do: develop talent locally and sell them abroad for a higher price.

If Kiefer really proves to be an asset (which he will), Shiga will definitely buyout his contract in NLEX if possible.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
                            I just read a comment that the PBA is getting what it deserves for allowing farm teams. They're turning into a "farm league" now. Got a taste of their own medicine.

But to be honest, out of all the names. I don't see Junemar taking the offers. He already didn't take the CBA offer years ago when he was at his peak then obviously he won't now. Not with the ongoing pandemic.
                            I couldn't agree with you more.

Ito na kaya yung "karma" sa PBA? Is the PBA now being haunted by its wickedness of the past?

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              Once this pandemic finally subsides, that's when things will come full swing.

What I see the PBA doing is strengthening a developmental academy in order to sell players abroad. It will be difficult to match the B. League and other leagues in terms of salary, so they might do what countries without a strong league system do: develop talent locally and sell them abroad for a higher price.

If Kiefer really proves to be an asset (which he will), Shiga will definitely buyout his contract in NLEX if possible.
                              Would PBA be reduced to a mere "developmental" league? A developmental league for future B-league, KBL & CBA Pinoy players? This is going to hurt the egos of PBA people, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Would PBA be reduced to a mere "developmental" league? A developmental league for future B-league, KBL & CBA Pinoy players? This is going to hurt the egos of PBA people, to say the least.
                                The PBA board only cares about money.

Once the bag full of cash drops in on their doorstep, they'll shut the fuck up and just take it like they always do. When have they ever cared about running a good basketball league? That's right, never.

They did this to themselves.

Look at Serbia and Slovenia. Almost all of their best talent plays overseas and not in their local leagues.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information