Juan Gomez de Liaño in Earthfriends Tokyo Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Gomez de Liaño in Earthfriends Tokyo Z

I think we need to create a thread dedicated to 1GDL exploits in Japan.
    Last edited by Jackie Reaper; 06-24-2021, 02:03 AM.

この度、アースフレンズ東京Zでは、ホアンゴメス・デ・リアノ選手とのB.LEAGUE2021-22シーズンの選手契約が基本合意に至りました

Comment

B. League?? Division 2?? Like what, ano to pampalipas oras ni Juan, siguro yun na nga pampalipas lang ng oras, masyadong hyped yung B. League eh, compared to quality of players pound for pound with PBA, di hamak na mas mataas sa PBA, I'm not saying na sa PBA sya dapat maglaro, yung level lang ni Juan pang D1 at least eh, diba? don't get me wrong.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Well, I think the level of competition in the B2 league isn't that low. As I said, each team can field 3 world imports though I think mga low caliber imports lang yung mga yun. I think B2 league is a cross between UAAP & PBA basketball in terms of level of competition which isn't a bad exposure for a young college player like 1GDL.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.PURO View Post
          B. League?? Division 2?? Like what, ano to pampalipas oras ni Juan, siguro yun na nga pampalipas lang ng oras, masyadong hyped yung B. League eh, compared to quality of players pound for pound with PBA, di hamak na mas mataas sa PBA, yung talent ni Juan pang D1 at least eh, diba? don't get me wrong.
          I can say the quality of LOCAL talent is higher in the Philippines compared to Japan. However, don't forget B-League plays with 3 World Imports + 1 Naturalized/Asian Import all year round. Compared to the PBA where it's All Filipino in 1/3 of the season and imports with height restrictions on the remaining 2/3. Juan is better off in the B-League.

Comment

B. League?? Division 2?? Like what, ano to pampalipas oras ni Juan, siguro yun na nga pampalipas lang ng oras, masyadong hyped yung B. League eh, compared to quality of players pound for pound with PBA, di hamak na mas mataas sa PBA, yung talent ni Juan pang D1 at least eh, diba? don't get me wrong.
            Because unlike the PBA, the BLleague has a relegation scheme. It does not compare with the PBA. So even if this is just a DIV 2 team, it is possible to be DIV 1 after a year

Comment

May punto naman pero at least naman sana diba sa D1 sya, pakitang gilas to dito then move to a better competition, who knows, basta tayo lahat dito alam natin yung capabilities ng isang Juan GDL.

Comment

May punto naman pero at least naman sana diba sa D1 sya, pakitang gilas to dito then move to a better competition, who knows diba, basta tayo lahat dito alam natin yung capabilities ng isang Juan GDL.
                To be honest, I would rather have Filipino players getting recruited by Div 2 and Div 3 than Div 1. Getting promoted to Div 1 from Div 2 and to Div 2 from Div 3 will speak of how much impact these Filipino players might have for their team. Sa Div 1 kasi you will not feel it that much because the competition there is higher obviously. Teams there are the powerhouse teams in Japan having multiple quality World Imports as well as Japanese National Team mainstays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                  To be honest, I would rather have Filipino players getting recruited by Div 2 and Div 3 than Div 1. Getting promoted to Div 1 from Div 2 and to Div 2 from Div 3 will speak of how much impact these Filipino players might have for their team. Sa Div 1 kasi you will not feel it that much because the competition there is higher obviously. Teams there are the powerhouse teams in Japan having multiple quality World Imports as well as Japanese National Team mainstays.
                  Reality nowadays, wala kang kikitain sa mpbl,uaap at lower leagues ngayon ( the question is the stability of this leagues). Sulit ba ng bayad sa japan..60 games yata in 5 months time..yun ngang kasing bato bato body ni thirdy eh laging naiinjure sa japan.. now alam ko na kung bakit tagged as soft ang japanese.. di nila kakayanin 60 game season kung pisikalan ang laro..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

May punto naman pero at least naman sana diba sa D1 sya, pakitang gilas to dito then move to a better competition, who knows, basta tayo lahat dito alam natin yung capabilities ng isang Juan GDL.
                    If ever he performs and carries this team soon he will get there in Div 1. And it could be that higher tier teams for now have no requirement for an impact pplayer like JDL. EarthZ choice of JDL is a testament of his talent and their belief that he can carry them

Comment

I'm pretty it raised a lot of eyebrows when they learned it's only d2. Regardless if it's a good move or not, it's great we have another player to watch out for overseas other than Kai, Thirdy and Kobe and he's actually pretty good. And I have a feeling JGDL will dominate the league because he's way too talented. Too bad, his skills weren't utilized as much when Kobe was his teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                        And in Div 2 and 3, players have more chances to show their wares. Hopefully, Juan shows that he can be an important contributor in their promotion campaign.

Sayang sina Tungcab at Oftana. They might have shown their wares if their Japan stint wasn't made improbable by the pandemic. Hope they can find a way to go overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by shamuibilog View Post
                          If ever he performs and carries this team soon he will get there in Div 1. And it could be that higher tier teams for now have no requirement for an impact pplayer like JDL. EarthZ choice of JDL is a testament of his talent and their belief that he can carry them
                          yeah his baseline talent now is div 2 but if he does well can go up. Its similar to the euroleague teams and players moving up to face better competition.

Props to him and young guys for imploring their options for opportunities. PBA will always be there but this contracts arent.

Comment

I'm thinking its because Juan is considered a World Import and not an Asian Import because of his Spanish-Filipino dual citizenship. A D1 team cannot justify giving him a World Import's salary. For a D2 team with a lower budget it makes sense.

Comment

He still gets game reps and the pressure to deliver everygame as an import.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information