Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juan Gomez de Liaņo in Earthfriends Tokyo Z

This is a safer route for 1GDL, especially if the plan long term is to play in Japan or somewhere outside pinas. It allows him to get used to the style of play without getting exposed of his current limitations, and gets him a chance to get a better scenario (if he carries his team to Div 1 or shows enough talent for Div 1 teams to get him on a probably bigger contract) after 1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    He still gets game reps and the pressure to deliver everygame as an import.
    Agree! Also, i think he will have more PT as the coach is spanish. And the kind of maturity he will get to help lead the team and elevate himself to a level of a world import is a great challenge.
    Overall, I consider this as a good decision on the part JGDL
    Last edited by PaVi; 06-23-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    Juan is classified as Asian import per B.League.

https://www.facebook.com/10075597478...4888257035245/
    What changed? We all thought B League doesnt allow double citizen to play as Asian Import?
    Last edited by Dotch; 06-23-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    What changed? We all thought B League doesnt allow double citizen to play as Asian Import?
    So JGDL is not a dual citizen?

kinda surprised he didn't end up with a D1 team. i definitely would take him over thirdy tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    kinda surprised he didn't end up with a D1 team. i definitely would take him over thirdy tbh.
    yun mga pioneer syempre yun may opportunities (ravenas) yun mga sumunod sa div. 2 na..

The Manotocs are doing a good job on exposing them sa Japan (na willing magbayad)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

lol JGDL taking a hard lesson from the Kiefer Ravena drama.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    What lol, I like Juan, but I'd take thirdy everyday over him

Hoping this move opens the door for Paras, rivero, Baltazar and others. I think even parks will try and it will cause mainstream media since parks is a free agent technically.

I take 1GDL over Sadi. 1GDL has reliable midrange and long range. He can penetrate to the as well. He will surely make waves in Div 2.

Maybe there will be repercussions, especially on the agents of these young prospects if the current trend keeps on trending.

I could hear it now

Boss Alfrancis: "Puta, anong kagaguhan ginawa nyo at pinag-abroad mo mga bata mo? Hindi ko isa sign up itong mga alaga mong andito! Putang ina mo!"

good for you bro

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I take 1GDL over Sadi. 1GDL has reliable midrange and long range. He can penetrate to the as well. He will surely make waves in Div 2.
    I hope Juan can utilize his athleticism for defense. Hope he can expand his skillset to playmaking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    So JGDL is not a dual citizen?
    That's for sure.. Anyway he grew up here, unlike let's say Parks or Ramos.. He even play here since HS in Eaglets then transfer to UP..

Hoping this move opens the door for Paras, rivero, Baltazar and others. I think even parks will try and it will cause mainstream media since parks is a free agent technically.
    PBA will left out with NCAA/UAAP scrubs... Let's see how Kume and LH will react to this!!! heheheehhehehehe!!!

if both max out their full potential juan will be better/more valuable than thirdy

Author in the Tiebreaker Times article insinuated that 1GDL has strong relationship with Earth Friends Spanish coach (and Swedish NT coach) Hugo Lopez and this may be Juan's audition for some future gig in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    If he could improve, maybe he can bring his team to div 1. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    PBA will left out with NCAA/UAAP scrubs... Let's see how Kume and LH will react to this!!! heheheehhehehehe!!!
    It would be interesting kung puro latak na lang ang maiiwan sa Pinas para sa PBA while the best of the best Pinoy players now go overseas.

"Bansot basketball is life. Small ball, bitches."
    Last edited by judasmartel; 06-23-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    It would be interesting kung puro latak na lang ang maiiwan sa Pinas para sa PBA while the best of the best Pinoy players now go overseas.

"Bansot basketball is life. Small ball bitches."
    The market for Filipino basketball talent is VERY limited, so chances are, only those top tiers guys will be recruited, and maybe not all will be going (Oftana declined). and so far, only B League is actively recruiting Filipinos.

NBL is a different story tho, its more like "yeah, we have identified that you are too good to play in your domestic league, come play here". So only the likes of Kai will be recruited to play there. I dont know the arrangement of NZNBL, but i think they only recruit players with roots to NZ.

Unless China's CBA, the KBL and some richer clubs in the ME join the band wagon, then PBA need not to worry about talent-drain, but yeah, biglang nagkaron ng competition ang PBA sa mga pinoy top tier talents . Dont expect Kai to play n the PBA, ditto with Kobe probably. And im sure they are thinking if may guarantee na maglalaro sa PBA sila Balti, Carl, RJ, Lopez etc,

If true na may study group yung PBA exec board, i guess dapat they eliminate na yung age requirement. Let the 18 y.o kids play. Real Free Agency and no more onerous contracts. Shorten the season, preferably only 1 true champion per year, and allow long off-season para hindi maumay yung audience synced with the FIBA calendar.

Lastly, PBA should unconditionally support the NT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast