No announcement yet.

Music (in your language)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of the Philippines' best bands. The 'Heads have already disbanded. They used to be called the Beatles of the Philippines, something I don't quite agree with.

Radioactive Sago Project, on the other hand, is a spoken-word group which blends funk, hard rock and jazz.

The Eraserheads:

Radioactive Sago Project:

Keep running, big boy.

Comment

poios den anatrixiazei akougwntas th sigklonistikh fwnh tou nikou na leei afto to tragoudi? poios de dakrise?
      sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

To continue with Giangdades Greek song, here is one, from probably the best Greek singer alive. George Dalaras.

Here is a culture I absolutely adore.....! ...for obvious reason....!!!

Last edited by bolo; 04-16-2008, 02:14 PM.
        Three Countries. Two Colours. One Religion. Orthodox Brothers.
        PRAVOSLAVNA BRACA - ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΑ ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ
        Pravda za Uroša - Justice for Uros

Comment

Rap groups from Marseille: Old, but so fresh, calm, good. Already, NY Times had an article about Marseille's rap a few months ago, read it in french papers.

Alliance Ethnik
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

IAM and Fonky Family
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

More later, I'm not sure about second link(if it works), and youtube bugs now on my computer, can only see 2sec of videos.

It works now... website bug.
          Last edited by damelo; 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM.
          It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

This is a very good thread and so many nice songs and songs that are so bad they're nice. I just listen to all sorts of music. I will put songs that I really like and add as things go along... if i have the time

Just for starters:
            Nicos Papazoglou: "Kaneis edw den tragouda" (Greek)
            Ολα τα δικαιώματα ανήκουν στους δημιουργούς του τραγουδιού.Αυτό το βίντεο είναι απλά μια δικιά μας προσπάθεια εκτέλεσης αυτού του υπέροχου τραγουδιού χωρίς ν...

LIve of same:

A cover version of that same song:
            Fuat Saka: Simdi Ne Yapar (Turkish)

Live of same

---

Fayrouz (Lebanon) - "A3tini annaya wa ghanni" (Arabic)
            Words are from Gibran Khalil Gibran

---

Gohar Kasparian - Oror (A Lullaby) - (Armenian)
            The unforgettable Gohar Gasparian during a live performance. She passed away in May 2007 (Asdvadz hokin lousavoreh)."Gohar's singing is art's smile; it decor...

Luciné Zakarian - Sourp Sourp (Holy Holy) - (Armenian Church Music)
            This is a liturgic hymn named "Sourp-Sourp" composed by one of the greatest masters of armenian academic music, maestro Magar Yegmalian. The soloist is Lusin...
            Last edited by worldbasketball; 02-22-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Things more contemporary, but superb to my thinking:

---

Zucchero f/ Cheb Mami: "Cosi Celeste (She's My Baby" - Italian and Arabic

--

Celine Dion (Canada): Ziggy (Un garçon pas comme les autres)

--

Doc Walker (Canada) - Rocket Girl
              Doc Walker @ JackHammers in Brantford Ontario...April 2007.

--

Brad Paisely (USA): "I Wish You'd Stay"

--

Steve Azar (USA) - Waitin' on Joe

--
              Last edited by worldbasketball; 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Digis/Filtered Tools ft Rasa Serra - Lakstingala

G&G Sindikatas - Tie Kas Raso Gyvens Amzinai

BrassBastardz - Jiemah

Vytautas Kernagis - Kancaras

Half of original video

Bix - Apie Jus

In english
                Mario Basanov/Vidis ft Jazzu - I'll be gone
                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                  BrassBastardz - Jiemah
                  Great sound Is that an official video?
                  I have their demo album, have they released anything officially?
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Frances Yip "Shanghai Bund", a Chinese classic from 1980.

Original Cantonese version

Thai version
                    Vietnamese version
                    Last edited by sinobball; 08-23-2008, 04:38 PM.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

My All Asian Rock stars

Arnel Pineda (Philippines)Vocalist, Journey-I'm proud of this little guy who hit the big time.This high range singing guy was discovered by Journey's Neal Schon in Youtube last December while he was singing with the band "the zoo" in a manila club and the rest was history.He is now currently touring with Journey and now a part of their new album "revelation".Check him out he hits every Steve Perry high notes.It's rare to see an Asian Born guy make waves in the US rock scene so he's like my Yao Ming of Asian Rock Music.

John Myung(Korean-American)Bass,Dream Theater-If you love Progressive Rock..you'll love this guy with his vicious bass skills.

James Iha(Japan)Guitars,Smashing Pumpkins/A perfect circle-The smashing pumpkins terrorized the alternative rock scene during the 90's Kudos to this guy's guitar shredding skills..I'm just waiting for the reunion..I hope it happens though.

Herman Li(Chinese-American)Guitars,Dragon Force-Crazy Speed metal Guitar shreds..they are famous in Guitar Hero 4(the video game) for theirr song
                      "through the fire and flames"

Kirk Hammet (Filipino-American) Guitars,Metallica-No further intorductions this guy is a guitar god

Yoshiki (Japan)Drums,X-Japan-he is a drummer a pianist,a guitarist and a music producer in short the guy is hella talented.

Last edited by Alex07; 09-22-2008, 09:25 AM.
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I don't know how this great thread got to an abrupt halt... I mean there are so many songs in languages that can be featured here.

I propose for example a singer called Idir who sings in Tamazight (Amazighi), a North African language (Tunis, Algeria, Morocco) also quite widespread in France:

Idir: Azwaw
                        le le le lele le la...with mami it sounds much better, but idir is idir...

Azwaw is also done by Cheb Mami (with Scottish influence)

Idir: Avava Inouva
                        Last edited by worldbasketball; 07-03-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I have enjoyed so much this thread and learned about so many artists from it.. Then it suddenly stops...

In the interest of keeping this thread going....I propose:

"Safar" by the Afghan singer Dawood Sarkhosh in this beautiful song of the Hazara minority of Afghanistan. After a few listens, you could even sing the words...

Please do post comments about types of music. We all love to listen to other stuff you know....
                          Last edited by worldbasketball; 11-12-2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by worldbasketball
                            I have enjoyed so much this thread and learned about so many artists from it.. Then it suddenly stops...
                            Fine, fine! here are my top-5 favourite female Lithuanian singers (performing in Lithuanian, of course) in no particular order. Search for them on myspace or youtube for more.

Jurga. MTV EMA best baltic act '2007 winner. but she's better than MTV. This vid has an English version as well..

Aiste Smilgeviciute. Has represented us in Eurovision long time ago with a modern folk song and finished last. This year released one of the best Lithuanian albums with a band called Skyle. Sorry for the booring vid and an average song (for her standards):

Alina Orlova. Quite probably our fastest rising star. Author of some of the best texts ever. She basically gives me chills.

Giedre Kilciauskiene from Pieno Lazeriai a.k.a. Milky Lasers (best Lithuanian band there is, imho). This is a very average piece (showing none of her vocal potential, frankly) from their older album Voyage and icludes three Lithuanian words and no vid

Auguste. Came second in our first and quite probably last good musical reality show few years back and backed it up with a very good album. Here's her at last years Eurovision sellection final with a very "adult" song (there's an English version as well), where she finished fourth (I think).
                            stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
                              Jurga. MTV EMA best baltic act '2007 winner. but she's better than MTV.
                              Yup. Jurga is great. IMO this song below is one of the best Liths songs ever. I love it

Jurga - Nebijok

Comment

Originally posted by worldbasketball

Fayrouz (Lebanon) - "A3tini annaya wa ghanni" (Arabic)
                                Words are from Gibran Khalil Gibran

Great one man, are you familiar with her other works or just this 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information