Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 FIBA U19 World Cup (Latvia, Jul 3-11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lithuania's review rather artificial. F.e. our by far best third player should be Rubstavicius (not Lelevicius who might be a better prospect, but just younger and less developed at this point), but FIBA is not aware of that. Rubinas (or Pivorius) might be the most talented pure scorer on the NT and he's not even mentioned. Meh, just mentioning couple of random names from the roster
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tubelis (23eff points in half) dominates Canada. He's a senior NT material already. Lithuania playing much more PRO offense, Marciulionis doesn't score, but facilitates the ball well and plays great D. Canada can get scary in transition and off course way more athletic team, but thus far we just much smarter as a team. Houston so far as best Canadien. I like the mentality of Lithuania team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Someone should tell these Canadians that BB is a team sport. A bunch of low IQ guys again with no team chemistry and defense.

Comment

Our softness in some positions and too many missed open shots may cost us a win. Refs really allow to fight.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Lol Spain lost to Argentina that we defeated in a prep game by 20 and we are really not good.

Comment

Marciulionis makes better decisions in comparison to two years ago but he still cant score.

Edey is a 224 cm Softy

Comment

Disappointing second half. We could take this Canada down with a little bit broader rotation, I think Murauskas availability could probably do it. Our coach overused Pivorius quite a lit and didn't use enough of Rubinas, that was very strange. To some degree it goes on coach, but the team prepared well generally. Marciulionis is a big fighter, floor general and big personality. His shooting game is very unstable, but his leadership qualities are impressive. Tubelis lived up to my expectation. I expected him to tare down this competition, IMO, he will find ways to be a first rounder next year and he may be the most universal (2 ways) big since young Arvydas Sabonis (Domas lacks D to be be treated more universal than Tubelis). Overall Lithuania got tired competing against bigger and more athletic Canadians, but I'm not impressed with Canada generally.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  Tubelis (23eff points in half) dominates Canada. He's a senior NT material already. Lithuania playing much more PRO offense, Marciulionis doesn't score, but facilitates the ball well and plays great D. Canada can get scary in transition and off course way more athletic team, but thus far we just much smarter as a team. Houston so far as best Canadien. I like the mentality of Lithuania team.
                  Is this the son of Sarunas Marciulionis? Looks like he plays differently from him, dad was an SG, kid's a PG.
                  Originally posted by gideon
                  Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                    Is this the son of Sarunas Marciulionis? Looks like he plays differently from him, dad was an SG, kid's a PG.
                    All true.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

After a bit of a choppy start for Canada and the Lithuanians on an unbelievably hot shooting streak that was never going to last it Looks like the Canadian athletic and talent superiority wins in the end.

European teams, who look like little kids out there, just can’t hang with the athletically and physically superior North American teams over the course of a full game. Perhaps once in a while they can get lucky but that Is unusual.

If these two teams played again it would be a 20-30 point win for Canada.

(See how you guys sound?)

Admittedly it wasn’t good first half by Canada and clearly they need to figure out how to work as a team, but the talent disparity was obvious. Canadian and American teams tend to look pretty rough to start these tournaments but usually get better and better each game as they figure things out. I tend to believe that was alway going to be the worst game you’ll see from a team like this.
                      I mean they worked themselves out of a 14 point deficit with ease in the 3rd quarter. But I know many of you don’t like to see that.
                      Last edited by mojo13; 07-03-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                        After a bit of a choppy start for Canada and the Lithuanians on an unbelievably hot shooting streak that was never going to last it Looks like the Canadian athletic and talent superiority wins in the end.

European teams, who look like little kids out there, just can’t hang with the athletically and physically superior North American teams over the course of a full game. Perhaps once in a while they can get lucky but that Is unusual.

If these two teams played again it would be a 20-30 point win for Canada.

(See how you guys sound?)

Admittedly it wasn’t good first half by Canada and clearly they need to figure out how to work as a team, but the talent disparity was obvious. Canadian and American teams tend to look pretty rough to start these tournaments but usually get better and better each game as they figure things out. I tend to believe that was alway going to be the worst game you’ll see from a team like this.
                        I mean they worked themselves out of a 14 point deficit with ease in the 3rd quarter. But I know many of you don’t like to see that.
                        No need to be sad about our comments and its all true what you say. Youth teams expectations are different. We are ok when we have 2-3 guys who can make the jump to the A NT. So winning or losing is not a matter. Team Canada is just unprepared. Congrats.

Comment

Adem Bona is more skilled now. He at least is developing some post moves and can slide to the basket but his defense is amazing. He is just the missing piece in our big rotation.

Comment

US blew out Turkey in the first quarter and then it was kind of ugly after that. Hard to draw many conclusions with a >20 point margin for most of the game,...obviously they'll need to shoot better from three, but I thought they were mostly taking open threes rather than bad ones. Bigs got out-physicaled more than you would like.

I think some of you are being too hard on Canada. Lithuania has had a lot more basketball success than Canada over the years, so it is a big result for Canada to overcome a large deficit and beat Lithuania. U19 is rarely pretty basketball, and is going to be even less pretty this year, but the ability to overcome adversity and grind out a win should not be underestimated.
                            Originally posted by Fedfan
                            Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                            Originally posted by GuTO
                            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                              No need to be sad about our comments and its all true what you say. Youth teams expectations are different. We are ok when we have 2-3 guys who can make the jump to the A NT. So winning or losing is not a matter. Team Canada is just unprepared. Congrats.

You may recall during our 2017 Gold medal tournament we lost the opening game to a decent but unspectacular Spanish team and RJ Barrett was particularly unimpressive. We have also had very talented teams look disjointed the entire tournament.

Judging a Canadian or American team on their first half of tournament is premature.

I know many of these players fairly well and their was some very uncharacteristicly poor performances from certain players especially in the first half that I doubt will continue. Nembhard, Mathurin, Bediako in particular. Houstan forced allot of tough hero ball shots as well which is far from his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post

I know many of these players fairly well and their was some very uncharacteristicly poor performances from certain players especially in the first half that I doubt will continue. Nembhard, Mathurin, Bediako in particular. Houstan forced allot of tough hero ball shots as well which is far from his reputation.
                                That's why I said I'm not impressed. Lithuania had +14 at some point. I'm sure Canada will play better in the future. Aside Tubelis, no-one played perfect game for Lithuania either BTW.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information