Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 FIBA U19 World Cup (Latvia, Jul 3-11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really interested in youth basketball but one thing jumped in my eye - coach has sent home Nikola Djurisic, undisputably most talented Serbian player on this roster, even more than Jovic. I totally support that Misko's player's cannot do whatever they want so this is a very good reaction that should be continuously carried out by all NT coaches in the future. The less Misko's influence is in Serbian baskeball the better. Noone of them should with 17 years think that he has some privileges. Djurisic had to surprise of basket fans here a minor role at this tournament and was benched after every mistake. I don't know if it's something personal or not but considering it's a player of Raznatovic I am sure he is difficult to handle.

Comment

We'll see how Jovic will handle Victor's presence around paint area and how will he attack the rim. I'm not really interested in winning medals, its more important to see which players could make it to senior level.

Comment

This young Serbian group was close leading almost all game but stopped playing last 5min. Djurisic didn't play, Todorovic injured after 1/4 so Stefanovic (who played good game) had too much burden on his shoulders.

What I've seen today USA is bad for their standards but not as bad as France. For me upset tomorrow is hard to believe, especially because France has to play uptempo if they want to score, on set piece basketball they are really tactically a badly prepared/schooled team. And running with USA is not really the thing you should do.

Generally totally disappointing tournament. From all what I've seen I wouldn't change Jovic with not one player in this tournament.

My favourite player who I've seen so far is Kenneth Lefton Jr. - Jesus Christ how his bones and knees take this 150kg and he's still mobile
        Last edited by Katastroika; 07-10-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah indeed a very disappointing tournament.

Comment

It is so funny how little most of the guys here know about basketball, unbelievable. As for the quality of play, US vs Ca was youth Basketball at the highest level. Individually, we had never a big on this skill level as Chet, defense, dribbling, passing, shooting, you name it. The ultimate unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopscoop View Post
              It is so funny how little most of the guys here know about basketball, unbelievable. As for the quality of play, US vs Ca was youth Basketball at the highest level. Individually, we had never a big on this skill level as Chet, defense, dribbling, passing, shooting, you name it. The ultimate unicorn.
              It absolutely wasn't - lanes were open like highways, noone boxed out. It was a constant running that went so irrational in 3rd quarter that Canada almost turned the thing around. Compare the US team of 2007 and 2013 and how they've played. No hard feelings but US vs. CAN was everything but highest level. As for Holmgren - always the same thing about bigs that can shoot. The upside is pretty clear - he will be versatile, he will be valuable on both ends but he won't be a player around whom teams will be build. Because centers simply aren't any more. And especially not those ones with Holmgren's constitution.

Same discussion every time also in my country by analyzing Jokic. A center in FIBA basketball can't win games. He can't. Except his name is Pau Gasol before 10 years.

Comment

Grande Victoire for the US against France in the final. Have to love seeing a US youth team led by a fat guy who plays for Louisiana Tech and was not ranked on any of the big recruiting sites a year ago.

I'll never understand teams down two points not fouling when there is only a five second difference between the game clock and shot clock. Especially in FIBA where you probably won't be able to call a timeout off a missed shot.
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information