Kiefer Ravena Shiga Lakestars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Its hard for countries to enforce single citizenship. Many people have passports with two countries on the down low. Just a guess BTW on Biboy's status.
    yup afaik biboy holds two passports which is why. i wonder why he never got signed up with BW tho. it seems he would make a good bench player.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

I wonder how B League rules are written. Is someone like Lester Prosper eligible as an asian import since Indonesia doesnt allow dual citizenship? How about Jawato?
      I think Jawato and Prosper are still American citizens. It is very hard to lose US citizenship. You'll really have to renounce it to the US embassy.

And I doubt that Prosper and Jawato will give up their US passports.

I think their dual citizenship status is similar to naturalized Filipino. Theoretically, dual citizenship is not extended to naturalized Filipinos. But the PH don't require naturalized Filipinos some form of proof that they've renounced their "original" citizenship.

In the case of Indonesia, it's more of like Indonesians who take up other citizenship lose their ID citizenship but it does not necessarily mean foreigners who naturalize as Indonesians lose their other citizenship

Comment

• To those in the know, how does one become eligible to play for Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
          To those in the know, how does one become eligible to play for Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands?
          A certain amount of years in residency

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abb...asketball/amp/

Abbotsford resident and former University of the Fraser Valley Cascades men’s basketball star Mark Johnson is making his international basketball debut on Sunday as a member of the Guam national basketball team.

Johnson starred for the Cascades from 2015 to 2019 and listed Palm Springs, Calif. as his hometown, but he was actually born in Guam and lived there for 15 years.

“My dad is from Tacoma, Wash., and my mom was born in Hawaii,” he told the Cascades website. “Their families both moved to Guam, and they met there. I’m not going to lie, (living in Guam) was like paradise. If you were to compare it to something a lot bigger, it’s like Hawaii in a sense. It’s surrounded by warm water and has lots of palm trees, and a very laid-back lifestyle. It’s really amazing there.”

Johnson will suit up for the Guam national basketball team in a pair of FIBA Asia Cup qualifying games in Amman, Jordan. Team Guam faces Hong Kong twice, on June 13 and 15, seeking to improve its chances of qualifying for the 20-team FIBA Asia tournament which runs August 17 to 29 in Indonesia.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
            Still no one here can explain about the details or the interpretation of the no dual citizenship of the B-League for the asian import. Kobe Paras, de Liaño brothers, BRP are all homegrown just like Marc Pingris, Calvin Abueva, Jason Castro and Willie Miller.
            Many posters here are wrong in their interpretation of the no dual citizen in the B- League. So homegrown players like Koko, Ray Parks, de Liaño brothers and other homegrown dual citizen are all eligible as an asian import in B-League..

Comment

• Rumor from Snow: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...81440680038412

"KIEFER RAVENA is said to be playing at B LEAGUE no matter how the PBA intervenes.

Japan B LEAGUE is said to be elevating the case to Fiba.

Lawyers say it Ravena will not be released, he might be barred by Fiba from playing in all leagues including the PBA."

Honestly, no matter what, I think the PBA board should not be involved unless to enforce the contract and to discipline the player. As to release, it's between the player and the team. Approving the release should frankly be just a ministerial duty on the part of the board, like a rubber-stamp duty.

But if I'm thinking objectively, is there a showing that NLEX released Kiefer? If there's none, the PBA might have an argument, as in, merely exercising its duty to enforce Kiefer's contract.

Comment

• When he was suspended by fiba, he eceuved salary from nlex?
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  Rumor from Snow: https://twitter.com/snowbadua/status...81440680038412

"KIEFER RAVENA is said to be playing at B LEAGUE no matter how the PBA intervenes.

Japan B LEAGUE is said to be elevating the case to Fiba.

Lawyers say it Ravena will not be released, he might be barred by Fiba from playing in all leagues including the PBA."

Honestly, no matter what, I think the PBA board should not be involved unless to enforce the contract and to discipline the player. As to release, it's between the player and the team. Approving the release should frankly be just a ministerial duty on the part of the board, like a rubber-stamp duty.

But if I'm thinking objectively, is there a showing that NLEX released Kiefer? If there's none, the PBA might have an argument, as in, merely exercising its duty to enforce Kiefer's contract.
                  I dont know how PBA rules work, if youre released can any team take your contract like how they do it in American leagues?

Comment

I dont know how PBA rules work, if youre released can any team take your contract like how they do it in American leagues?
                    Yes, any team can sign you to a contract once you're released. Unrestricted free agent.

Comment

Yes, any team can sign you to a contract once you're released. Unrestricted free agent.
                      As in take your contract, you arent unrestricted but rather they get to match it. Alam ko there is a rule that if a UFA wants to sign with a sister team, dapat he is offered to other teams first but I have no idea if teams can just pick up a contract if someone gets waived.

Comment

• Pinapalaki ng PBA board yang 'live contract'. Kaya nga may term na buy out diba? Japan bought out his contract right?

Kawawang Kiefer. Kimochi na, naging bato pa.

Comment

• Some more Snow Badua Kiefer Ravena Rumors:

"Source: MVP reportedly allowed KIEFER RAVENA to sign at JAPAN B. LEAGUE.
                          Hence, he applied for OWWA documents and worked on his papers.
                          Exacrly my point in one of Spin POV episodes, HINDI NAMAN GAGALAW SI KIEFER NANG WALANG BASBAS, SOBRANG OBEDIENT NA BATA NYAN."

------

Kuliglig overhearing MVP: Kiefer, go and make the Philippines proud.
                          Come back better and hopefully play for the national team as an improved version of you.

Comment

• That sounds like MVP saying "PBA is bad in developing talents for the national team, mag-abroad ka nalang bata"

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              It's only PBA who are "kontrabida" with this issue.. PBA should not intervene negotiations between NLEX and Shiga.. I've never heard in any parts of the world that a league has to say in terms of buy out agreement... Even NBA doesn't care if there is a buy out negotiation.. Kahit per player yan or team by team.. Mahina talaga utak ng PBA officials...
                              Like I said, approving buyouts or any other release agreement should only be a rubber stamp duty on the part of the PBA. Doon lang dapat sila.

Snow said that MVP approved Kiefer's release. If true, nako. Looks like a standoff.

Comment

Like I said, approving buyouts or any other release agreement should only be a rubber stamp duty on the part of the PBA. Doon lang dapat sila.

Snow said that MVP approved Kiefer's release. If true, nako. Looks like a standoff.
                                probably the smc boys desperately trying to block the move so that this won't set a precedent. self-preservation lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information