Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Kiefer Ravena Shiga Lakestars

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    If Kiefer was allowed to leave early for the B league, then I don't understand why Cruz could not leave for National Team duties with Guam.
    Double-standard is a norm in the PBA.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

If Kiefer was allowed to leave early for the B league, then I don't understand why Cruz could not leave for National Team duties with Guam.
    $$$, where there are $$ , things can happen .

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Si Popovich sea level lang kung Indonesia nt i coach baka di pa manalo yun sa Thailand peace spurs fans (although I want to know Analyzed opinion on US struggles with Pop)
    Like any practice discipline (example an engineer or marketing expert in Silicon valley as compared to a 3rd world market say like Myranmar) the difference isn't necessary technical knowledge , but it is exposure to specific environments for know how. Pop isn't necessary an experience FIBA coach and he won't actually necessary be a good coach for a UAAP or PBA team , cause he does not have the experience for the specific environment. It works both ways .. in the same way if your experience is limited to domestic Philippine basketball like say Franz Pumaren ( who's really a good coach BTW) , it does not follow he will be able to coach outside the Philippines or FIBA. with a different environment ( both players to relate with, culture, familarity with the nuances of systems, dealing with others etc) . You can see it, alot of our local coaches , are not actually familar with dealing with FIBA referrees. they do not know how to relate or work the referees , unlike expereince FIBA coaches . If you've never dealth with Europeans or Americans ( NBA) , your ability to engage is severely limited ( BTW it's not language , but cultural experience of what works and what does not

On Pop he finally was able to adjust when his players spent more time together. do note 3 of his players ( Holiday, Booker etc) flew in just before the 1st game , Pop did not have the benefit of previous USA team coaches of continutiry and decent prep

a whole new level of stupidity

From Twitter

Philip Martin Matel
    JUST IN: NLEX team management confirms Kiefer Ravena will head to Japan today to process his papers.

After completing said requirements, he will head back to the Philippines in order to finish the remaining games of the Philippine Cup. | @OneSportsPHL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    a whole new level of stupidity

From Twitter

Philip Martin Matel
    JUST IN: NLEX team management confirms Kiefer Ravena will head to Japan today to process his papers.

After completing said requirements, he will head back to the Philippines in order to finish the remaining games of the Philippine Cup. | @OneSportsPHL
    once he finishes his Japan and Philippine quarantine, the PBA conference is already done and he will leave again for Japan to suit up for the B league, provided hat the PBA resumes this sept.

in short: Keifer would consume too much quarantine time, (almost a month ba?)
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    once he finishes his Japan and Philippine quarantine, the PBA conference is already done and he will leave again for Japan to suit up for the B league, provided hat the PBA resumes this sept.

in short: Keifer would consume too much quarantine time, (almost a month ba?)
    Hopefully it's ploy by his handlers and NLEX to allow Kiefer to immediately play in the B. League. After all it's the PBA Board not NLEX that wants him to finish the current PBA conference.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Like any practice discipline (example an engineer or marketing expert in Silicon valley as compared to a 3rd world market say like Myranmar) the difference isn't necessary technical knowledge , but it is exposure to specific environments for know how. Pop isn't necessary an experience FIBA coach and he won't actually necessary be a good coach for a UAAP or PBA team , cause he does not have the experience for the specific environment. It works both ways .. in the same way if your experience is limited to domestic Philippine basketball like say Franz Pumaren ( who's really a good coach BTW) , it does not follow he will be able to coach outside the Philippines or FIBA. with a different environment ( both players to relate with, culture, familarity with the nuances of systems, dealing with others etc) . You can see it, alot of our local coaches , are not actually familar with dealing with FIBA referrees. they do not know how to relate or work the referees , unlike expereince FIBA coaches . If you've never dealth with Europeans or Americans ( NBA) , your ability to engage is severely limited ( BTW it's not language , but cultural experience of what works and what does not

On Pop he finally was able to adjust when his players spent more time together. do note 3 of his players ( Holiday, Booker etc) flew in just before the 1st game , Pop did not have the benefit of previous USA team coaches of continutiry and decent prep
    Very much agree with this.

That is why coach Yeng Guiao replacing coach Chot Reyes for the 2009 RP team in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship was not a prudent decision by the PBA & SBP. I was really against that decision. I don't know, please somebody correct me for this, but I think it was the PBA's decision (maybe not SBP's decision) to replace coach Chot with coach Yeng. The replacement was with the premise that Chot could steam the Philippine team to only 9th place in the 2008 FIBA Asia Championship & coach Yeng Guiao was perhaps the most successful coach in the PBA at that time.

The thing is, Chot's failure in 2008 Asia Championship was mainly becoz we were grouped with China, Iran & Jordan ("Group of Death" as they described it) & that only 2 teams in every group would advance to the quarterfinals. Iba pa kasi yung system of draw & tournament format at that time. Minalas lang talaga tayo to fall into the "group of death".

While Yeng Guiao is a very successful coach in the PBA, he lacked FIBA-game coaching experience & that proved detrimental to our National team. Coach Chot on the other had the more experience in the FIBA game, perhaps he is the most experienced FIBA-game coach in Philippine basketball at that time. If it was coach Chot who handled our team in 2009, may continuity sana yung National team program natin.

Sorry for the OT
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 08-25-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    $$$, where there are $$ , things can happen .
    I don't think so.. I'm sure Guam federation can pay Jericho's insurance.. It just he was disallowed by PBA board and Marcial due to their stupidity... They afraid Cruz might getting offers overseas if he will have a impressive stint with Guam... Dumadami na kasi umaalis eh... ayaw pa nila dagdagan pa...

Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    technically, Kiefer is on loan to Shiga? (that wasn't communicated by PH media at all) dont ever come back to PBA haha
    Nevermind the lifetime ban. Hahahahahaha.

PBA doesn't release local players to National team duties too early either.But I'll bet a dollar that fans and sports analyst of all types will scream bloody murder if one or two players playing overseas doesn't get release on time will be considered a racist move.Just like with Jaja Santiago,lots of bitter fans,thinking the Japanese management looks low at Filipinos.

If Shiga manages to pay NLEX *wink wink* there will be no hoopla about it. Tuloy ang saya. Kobe and Kiefer are rapidly approaching star status in Japan based on what Pinoy vloggers in Japan are saying (kids buying up their merch) and I guess this will be Thirdy's breakout season seeing as this is his 2nd 20 pt game this season including the preseason games.

Also if any of you watch anime, brotherly competition is very appreciated in Japan. Seen some Japanese tweets about how these two "lowly" teams (Shiga and San-en) are given extra attention because of the brotherly marketing and succeeding because the Ravenas are actually good players.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Nevermind the lifetime ban. Hahahahahaha.
    Mukhang patok naman sa mga Hapon si Kiefer. Hahaha

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536