X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France NT 2021 Olympics

France announced their roster for Olympics, guys in red as reserves

Good to see this

Of course it's great to see France athletes get international recognition, but at least there's less risk of getting crocked.

myaccountaccess login
    myaccountaccess login

Comment

What's the deal with Gobert? His replacements yesterday against Spain were laughable. The Gasol brothers were running circles around them, and at their age this shouldn't even be possible.

Hope he's fine for the Games, otherwise USA will breeze through the first round without even being challenged.

Comment

Gobert arrived just Wednesday, so it was a little hard to have him playing yesterday. But he will surely play tomorrow. Batum is normally arrived today but not sure he will play tomorrow. Heurtel has done his medical check to sign in Real Madrid today too but don't know if he will play tomorrow. It was the 3 missing players for France.
        I saw just the last quarter but found the perimeter defense not great with lot of easy 3 for Spain.
        But yes, without Gobert, inside player are not so great for France. Particularly on PF. Maybe Batum will play a little in this position.

Comment

Originally posted by aspsgge View Post
          Gobert arrived just Wednesday, so it was a little hard to have him playing yesterday. But he will surely play tomorrow. Batum is normally arrived today but not sure he will play tomorrow. Heurtel has done his medical check to sign in Real Madrid today too but don't know if he will play tomorrow. It was the 3 missing players for France.
          I saw just the last quarter but found the perimeter defense not great with lot of easy 3 for Spain.
          But yes, without Gobert, inside player are not so great for France. Particularly on PF. Maybe Batum will play a little in this position.
          Batum played the position in the playoffs and didn't embarrass himself. Maybe Collet will take some notes. Certainly France looked like a very unbalanced team, with a lot of star power in the wings and middling players inside.

Comment

Not bad, but France did not have anyone who can stay in front of Rubio or Rodríguez when they caught fire. I'm a bit taken aback because Ntilikina is, supposedly, a top defender; but was completely lost that final minute. At this point we all know that Fournier and De Colo only give their all on one half of the court; and with Batum having lost a step France's closing lineup lacks stoppers. Gobert cannot cover for everyone else, not that he was particularly dominant today.

Comment

Yes, again the defense was not enough efficient. France can't beat Spain if they let them scoring more than 80pts. Also too many turnovers and a 3pts % a little low. I can say that there is a quite large room of improvement for France. But not so much remaining time.
              Curious to see the USA-Spain of next week after the loss of USA in their first friendly game.

Comment

Originally posted by aspsgge View Post
                Yes, again the defense was not enough efficient. France can't beat Spain if they let them scoring more than 80pts. Also too many turnovers and a 3pts % a little low. I can say that there is a quite large room of improvement for France. But not so much remaining time.
                Curious to see the USA-Spain of next week after the loss of USA in their first friendly game.
                And I have the opening match between France and USA marked down in my calendar. After playing the perfect game in 2019, it looks like you can reuse the same recipe: Gobert has no opposition inside (Adebayo, Green and Love are all midgets compared to him) and if you can shut down Lillard as easily as you stopped Walker and Mitchell back then; it's game over.

Comment

They announced the squad for France
                  How To Watch Olympics Live

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information