Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    To me it's not issue of fighting that much as Nets with this Durant-Kyrie combo is simply unbeatable. Maybe you saw today what I meant with my words that maybe Hardenless Nets are better this series. Easy transition wirh ball instantly going to KD and Kyrie after defensive rebound. Minimal amount of set plays, a lot of easy points. Really a deadly combo. KD is best player in the world in offense. Point. And that after all those injuries. I hate superstar teams but it's difficult not to enjoy this basketball.
    When such level team like Bucks is down by 50 in playoofs game thats not fighting and simply giving up .

Bucks must attack Nets inside if they gonna just change long shots no way they are outscoring Nets. Bucks must dominate in rebounds in this serries and be very physical and from time to time make hard fauls dont let Nets get in such shooting rhythm.

I still believe Bucks gonna win Gm3 .

I dont get why Nets without Harden is better? Nets record with Harden was allot better than without.

Harden wasnt taking shots from Durant,he simply give him easier shots and Im not fan seeing Nash using KD body so much play him for 40+min (when Harden is out) that always a risk.

In first round Harden could run team alone in 2 querter and coach could rest Durant with Kyrie at that moment.

With Harden injury Durant and Kyrie must play 40+min now if game is close like gm1 thats not ideal at all looking long picture.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-08-2021 at 08:39 AM.

I didn't watch Nets that much in regular season so I cannot say that much about it. First round was indead good (watched just 1 game, though) but as I said, this fast pace transition basketball is very impressive without Harden.

After Harden got injury in Gm1 Nash started using Durant and Irving for like 44min per game and Nets is paying price for that Irving got injury too in Gm4.

Nash overusing their superstars with 44min per game. Serries is 2-2 and now tottaly unknown outcome.

Kyrie sprain ankle looked very seriuos unlikely he will play in 2 days .

If Harden still cant play in Gm5 Bucks is becoming favourites.

Gm4 2 half just Durant and role players it was obviuos not enough scoring for Nets to compete againts Giannis,Middleton,Holiday trio.

Lakers was beaten by injuries to superstar, it is possible same can happen with Nets.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-13-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Wow KD 49+17+10 one of the epic all time playoofs performance by all time great that won lost playoofs game.

Nets needed every 49 Durant point they needed Green going for 27 ,washed up Blake giving 17pts and Harden playing with one leg 46min to barely win this one.

For me is still hard to believe nets gonna win one more if Irving out and Harden looks like he shouldn't be playing at all.

Harden was looking like 45 old men that can't move anymore but is smart and knows all the tricks in the book and playing just on that in some pick-up park game

If Bucks is not winning serries againts so injured Nets they really should be asshamed having 3 healthy all star players.

2021 playoofs will remembered as won by literally last men standing. Even best world athletes bodies cant take such loads without seriuos rest between seasons.

Davis got hurt champions lakers was eliminated.

Nuggets played playoofs without J.Murray
    Sixers Embiid playing hurt
    Jazz Conley out,Mitchell playing hurt
    Clippers Leonard out
    Nets Irving out,Harden playing on one leg
    Suns Paul got covid

Last 3 teams that their top 3 players is healthy is Bucks,Hawks and to some degree Suns.

If Nba finals will end up being Hawks-Suns thats would be really sport comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    2021 playoofs will remembered as won by literally last men standing. Even best world athletes bodies cant take such loads without seriuos rest between seasons.

Davis got hurt champions lakers was eliminated.

Nuggets played playoofs without J.Murray
    Sixers Embiid playing hurt
    Jazz Conley out,Mitchell playing hurt
    Clippers Leonard out
    Nets Irving out,Harden playing on one leg
    Suns Paul got covid

Last 3 teams that their top 3 players is healthy is Bucks,Hawks and to some degree Suns.

If Nba finals will end up being Hawks-Suns thats would be really sport comedy
    I believe you forgot to mention the Bucks missing DiVincenzo... Not because Divincenzo is a Super-Star like the rest you mention, but rather because his absence is most crucial for the Bucks to function properly!

The Bucks are a team which is highly depending on the play-making abilities of the players so that Giannis can "pick and roll" the ball, if there is only one player with play making abilities behind him, then the Bucks are easy to defend and their game becomes too predictable...

OK, it was the Bucks F.O. decision not to sign a (very good) back up guard with play-making abilities and rather a wise one, so that they can stay under the lux tax threshold for this season and because of it, ensure that the team will be able to contend in the long term by improving the roster for many-many seasons which will follow, but the Bucks have only Divincenzo, Holliday Midleton and Giannis which can play-make the ball and therefore, if one out of them is out and Giannis with Middleton have to score against the greatest of the teams, then it's only Holliday standing behind them, which -as I said before- both makes the game predictable for the opponent coach to defend, as well as creates a huge rotation problem... Next season and for many which will follow the Bucks will be the favorites to win it all!

Loosing role player teams can survive teams cant survive loosing their star player in long run.

Take away star player from any team it makes that team atleast 15pts weaker .

If Bucks having healthy all 3 of their stars wont beat 1,5 Nets star in a serries thats would be really one more meltdown by Bucks in playoofs .

After watching 6 games i can say without no doubt if Nets trio would be healthy this serries would have been finished by this point.

How situation is now Bucks got a big break with Net injuries and if Bucks win Gm7 they have wide open road to nba finals.

Thats Embiid knee will not hold,with every game his movement looks worse and worse. Hawks have no business making finals if best teams would be healthy.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-18-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Never underestimate a Durant! Bucks had 3 games so far in Brooklyn and they played like shit and Durant by far didnt give what he had in his tank and there are still guys like Harris who couldnt show anything so far. Its a tough guess but I will go with Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Never underestimate a Durant! Bucks had 3 games so far in Brooklyn and they played like shit and Durant by far didnt give what he had in his tank and there are still guys like Harris who couldnt show anything so far. Its a tough guess but I will go with Brooklyn.
    This.

When he finishes his career his greatness will be recognized. He is still under this prisma of a "superstar team player" who couldn't win it with Seattle/OKC.

But for me personally the by far most enjoyable player to watch. Clutch gen, balls, leadership, intelligence. Only truly unstoppable attacker.

Loosing role player teams can survive teams cant survive loosing their star player in long run.

Take away star player from any team it makes that team atleast 15pts weaker .

If Bucks having healthy all 3 of their stars wont beat 1,5 Nets star in a serries thats would be really one more meltdown by Bucks in playoofs .

After watching 6 games i can say without no doubt if Nets trio would be healthy this serries would have been finished by this point.

How situation is now Bucks got a big break with Net injuries and if Bucks win Gm7 they have wide open road to nba finals.

Thats Embiid knee will not hold,with every game his movement looks worse and worse. Hawks have no business making finals if best teams would be healthy.
    I guess the NETS will have all their trio in the 7th game at home... Therefore they only have to prove their own selves... I guess on paper they are the favorites to win this, but will they? It remains for "the paper" to be proven on the floor of their our court! In any case, still Divincenzo is a huge loss for the Bucks, simply because in their successful attempt to stay for another season (the last one) under the lux tax, they have nobody else to rotate on both Holiday and Middleton... Which leads Giannis to pay-make the ball for much of his time and therefore cuts off his ability to hit in the rim by picking and rolling the ball.. Are we talking basketbal here or what? If we are, lets talk basketball and not the surface of what the media serve to the consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    LOL... You should rather say "I will always go against (Greek freak) Giannis and therefore the Bucks too... It's in your sick nature, you being Turkish anyway!

Clippers small ball 2m03 and smaller made big european dudes Porzingis and Gobert look useless in back to back serries because they wasnt willing to post up and take advantage of their size and those C got hunted on other side.

Porzingis,Marjanovic,Gobert basically 3 europeans 2m20 giants clippers defended them with 1m98-2m03 wings all serries

Boban atleast tried to post up them.Porzingis/Gobert didnt even tried because nba coaches saying that bad offence in 2021.

Clippers coaching stuff must get alot of credit to being down twice 0-2 and winning both serries.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-19-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Clippers small ball 2m03 and smaller made big european dudes Porzingis and Gobert look useless in back to back serries because they wasnt willing to post up and take advantage of their size and those C got hunted on other side.

Porzingis,Marjanovic,Gobert basically 3 europeans 2m20 giants clippers defended them with 1m98-2m03 wings all serries

Boban atleast tried to post up them.Porzingis/Gobert didnt even tried because nba coaches saying that bad offence in 2021.

Clippers coaching stuff must get alot of credit to being down twice 0-2 and winning both serries.
    Porzigis playing physical is a joke... The man is a "softie"... One can tell from his haircut... Gobert is tough and good rim protector, but only if it is small guys attacking the rim, if it is any out of Durant, AD or Vooch, or Val. or Giannis or Embiid in the rim, he then is good only to collect the ball from the net!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    Porzigis playing physical is a joke... The man is a "softie"... One can tell from his haircut... Gobert is tough and good rim protector, but only if it is small guys attacking the rim, if it is any out of Durant, AD or Vooch, or Val. or Giannis or Embiid in the rim, he then is good only to collect the ball from the net!
    How manny nba centers will be good defensively guarding 3 pointer line ? When team like clipperst goes small with 2m03 and smaller with 5 shooting wings?

Unless C are A.Davis , Adebayo or Giannis types most other nba centers cant defend 3point line.

I really believe Clippers would defend even Embiid in same way with 2m03 player

and say ok you will score points,but we gonna make you defend 3 pointer all night long and play +- game .

those 2m10+ C will have to move so much in such scenerios defensively its really nightmare for them .

That Porzingis is softie sure,but is not about that. Those 3 european centers are all diffrent type,but all of them ended up looking useless playing 5 skilled wings.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-19-2021 at 02:29 PM.

How manny nba centers will be good defensively guarding 3 pointer line ? When team like clipperst goes small with 2m03 and smaller with 5 shooting wings?

Unless C are A.Davis , Adebayo or Giannis types most other nba centers cant defend 3point line.

I really believe Clippers would defend even Embiid in same way with 2m03 player

and say ok you will score points,but we gonna make you defend 3 pointer all night long and play +- game .

those 2m10+ C will have to move so much in such scenerios defensively its really nightmare for them .

That Porzingis is softie sure,but is not about that. Those 3 european centers are all diffrent type,but all of them ended up looking useless playing 5 skilled wings.
    Giannis rarely plays center if the coach addresses him with that, most of his game is at 4 and now that Divincenzo is out he spends some time playing PG with Middleton at 2 Connaughton at 3 and Tucker at 4 for when Holiday rests... Or, if it is Forbes playing the 2 then Middleton takes PG, with Tucker at 3 and Giannis stays at 4. It's why I say that the absence of Divincenzo is crucial for the Bucks cause when Giannis plays at 1 and Holiday rests, there is none on the court for Giannis to pick and roll with...

In any case, back to your question, I don't think getting a "big" out to guard the periphery is a good idea, you risk to miss all the rebounds and you open up lines so that the opponent can drive to the rim. Coaches use medium size but athletic wings to guard the 3pt line, because most bigs aren't very good 3pt shooters and if they are, they don't jump high when they take the shot. It's what practically makes Durant unguardable when shooting from deep... He has the size of a big, he has huge wingspan, is an excellent shooter and jumps high... Puting a big on him, would make no difference, in his better day he can kill any opponent.

Game 7 between the Nets and the Bucks starts in a couple of hours... Certainly the Nets are the favorites to win this, but people usually tend to ignore some of the most important factors which are related with winning or losing and in this game doesn't only mean "going home early for this season" as it does for the Bucks if the Nets lose this... It rather is a total disaster for the Nets if things go wrong and the Bucks get promoted over them...

Let me explain...

The Nets are currently 40M over the lux tax threshold, which means they will be paying another 60M to the league in taxation this season, but also have many empty roster spots upcoming which they can only fill if with minimum contracts, or by resigning their own players... As it stands, they are already committed to be 35M over the lux tax for the next season without even considering the empty roster spots.

It simply means that the Nets can only be worst for the seasons which will follow, while the Bucks will be significantly better! The executives of the Nets do know that and therefore, they know that if they lose to the Bucks this season, they are as good as dead a season later and they will have to blow the team up instead of losing insane amounts of capital against a competition which betters its position continuously...

It simply is a difference in culture when the decisions are taken on how to develop a winning team... There are two approaches, one is "lets put our money and buy the championship" (Lakers, now Nets) , the other is "lets built up a super team bit by bit which will last and contend for many years to come"...

Therefore tonight, it not only is "an early exit for the loser"... It also is a battle of cultures in which the Bucks lose little (only the season) if they get beaten, but the Nets lose absolutely everything if the Bucks can take them out... It also explains why the Bucks have chosen to play the Nets this early instead of the Eastern finals (a 2nd round exit forces the creation of panic on the investors which lose their huge amounts of money).

Still the Nets are the favorites to win this... but the pressure is on them and the psychological advantage is with the Bucks...

It will all be decided on the last quarter of the 7th game! Bucks lead by only 1pt.

A disaster for the Nets in O/T... One of the greatest victories in the Bucks history which will impact the future of the entire league.

Has there ever been the situation that a bench doesn't score one single point in a playoff game like in this one? Incredible statline.

Congrats Buckalis.

Epic game 7 between Nets vs Bucks. In OT nobody had nothing left missing wide open shots because of fatique.

5milimeters and Durant would have had serries winning shot. Sport gods was on Bucks side if believe such signs from gods Bucks will win the title ?

After 2 previuos devastating playoofs Bucks is tougher mentally and more experience.

They lost heartbreak versus 2019 Raptors now they won such serries in 2021 .

Nets injuries aside still go and win GM7 on the road againts Kevin Durant showing his entire offensive arsenal it takes character and balls to do that.

After all those playoofs failures in this injury/unpredictable season i think it would be fair to see Giannis and C.Paul playing in nba finals and one of them getting his ring.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast