Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I know, Dalph was playing injured during the U19 WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
      Juan's handles is a bit suspect since the filoil stint, idk if he could develop into a good ball handler or have a good court vision, same ceiling as Ricci Rivero in those aspects imo. Those iso players we're looking for could've been Bolick or Perez but we all already know what happened. We might have to naturalize Clarkson and sit Kouame out if we can't find the next big name in 2023.
      Based on 1GDL & Ricci Rivero's performance playing as point guards with Gilas cadets in the 2018 Fil-oil Flying-V Preseason Cup, 1GDL did a much better job.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
        From what I know, Dalph was playing injured during the U19 WC.
        Not to mention he was literally a LAST MINUTE addition. Believe me guys, Dalph’s u19 stint you could chalk as an outlier. Kid is much better than that.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by FITL View Post
          It would have been great if he had grown up in the current basketball climate when they're emphasized to be complete basketball players, and he probably would have been trained as a point guard. It's a shame that because of those natural shooting and scoring skills, he was played as an off-guard all his life. He was showing strides in becoming a good scoring PG as Matt's primary back-up when they beat DLSU in the 2017 finals, but since Belangel was recruited and Tio came into his own, Jolo was back to being used as an off-guard until he had to sit out Season 82 due to academics. Sayang.

Anyway, as Kiefer has shown, it isn't too late to transition. But Kief has always had crazy bbiq even when he was a ball-hogging chucker, that's what I have yet to see from Jolo.
          Lol at brutally honest, its what they called basketball iq for survival, meaning if you want to have touches(or not lose your position to the team) you need to learn to play lead guard and find open teammates.
          Last edited by reamily; 08-04-2021, 10:24 AM.
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
            Not to mention he was literally a LAST MINUTE addition. Believe me guys, Dalph’s u19 stint you could chalk as an outlier. Kid is much better than that.
            he has a couple of years in D1 to show his potential. is he on d level of remy martin? or stanley pringle? or jordan heading? or denver lopez?

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
              he has a couple of years in D1 to show his potential. is he on d level of remy martin? or stanley pringle? or jordan heading? or denver lopez?
              Wait what is his gain to fame ba? Youtube videos?

Comment

If panopio will be as effective to pringle (when I say effectiveness, I meant the impact. I know that they are different players) in 2 years then that would be very productive already. Not many of our local guards have the luxury to play division 1 basketball, I think a safe ceiling for the likes of Panopio is a Jordan Heading with upgraded court vision and defense.
                Last edited by Stevy; 08-04-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  Wait what is his gain to fame ba? Youtube videos?
                  i dont know. im not a fan.

i agreed with u years ago when u said his name should not be mentioned on d same way as kai and aj.

perhaps, he's better than matt, sj, and rj. but that's not saying a lot.

i hope he proves me wrong soon. for gilas' sake.

Comment

Hard to compare to them as Dalph’s a different player. But I definitely wouldn’t be touching Remy Martin territory. He’s simply a system player who can both facilitate and score. I think his outstanding traits are that he’s a proficient 3 point shooter and has some quickness to go along with that 6’ 1” height. I definitely see him as a good fit in Tab’s system. I think as a ceiling he’d be better than Heading but wouldn’t surpass Remy Martin level.

Comment

i dont know. im not a fan.

i agreed with u years ago when u said his name should not be mentioned on d same way as kai and aj.

perhaps, he's better than matt, sj, and rj. but that's not saying a lot.

i hope he proves me wrong soon. for gilas' sake.
                      Ill cut a finger here, would be unfair if I rank him above RJ, 3x3 at 5v5 performance pa lang and its not to demerit Dalph in any way. Pwede pang better fit, but he wasnt that much if we look on his 2 youth team stints pero for the sake of fairness development is fast during these period and he deserve a chance
                      Last edited by reamily; 08-04-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Ill cut a finger here, would be unfair if I rank him above RJ, 3x3 at 5v5 performance pa lang and its not to demerit Dalph in any way. Pwede pang better fit, but he wasnt that much if we look on his 2 youth team stints pero for the sake of fairness development is fast during these period and he deserve a chance
                        Hold it. IF and ONLY IF we can burn another NP spot or if Ange and JC suddenly got classified as local. I would suggest the best name in the PG position: Remy Martin.

Too small? Fuck yeah, he's small but you cant beat what you cant catch.
                        Too bwakaw? Fuck yeah, but if you want points off a broken play, he can manufacture one.
                        Too much sauce and not enough of the essentials? Fuck yeah but this is what Gilas needs, an identity in the backcourt, which the current roster lacks.

TLDR: Remy Martin in Gilas if conditions apply.

Comment

At what aspect of the game do you think RJ is better? You have a skewed perception of Dalph because you are basing it on tourneys wherein he is essentially a hugot and really didn’t have ample time to master the system and familiarize with his teammates. Try looking for his Stellazzura games and see for yourself how he really plays.

If some people here are already high on Dalph by what they’ve seen so far, they’d be really impressed if they would dig deeper with his games during his youth. Remember this is someone that’s been offered to play for the Italian Youth NT, but he declined and chose to represent the Philippines. That speaks volumes considering the quality of players Italy has.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                            At what aspect of the game do you think RJ is better? You have a skewed perception of Dalph because you are basing it on tourneys wherein he is essentially a hugot and really didn’t have ample time to master the system and familiarize with his teammates. Try looking for his Stellazzura games and see for yourself how he really plays.

If some people here are already high on Dalph by what they’ve seen so far, they’d be really impressed if they would dig deeper with his games during his youth. Remember this is someone that’s been offered to play for the Italian Youth NT, but he declined and chose to represent the Philippines. That speaks volumes considering the quality of players Italy has.
                            You present your strong case, I present his 3x3 play and play and impact if given nt when playing senior nt as mine.. like I said if youre good youre good, the national team play and any other training camp you play during your youth years is essentially hugot play..

Comment

You present your strong case, I present his 3x3 play and play and impact if given nt when playing senior nt as mine.. like I said if youre good youre good, the national team play and any other training camp you play during your youth years is essentially hugot play..
                              I have trouble deciphering this. Dalph has never played 3x3 what's the connect? Why are you using 2 technically different sports to compare players? there's nothing similar about 3x3 and 5x5 besides the hoop and the basketball. Not gonna try to pretend the rest makes sense, pwede tagalog na lang?

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
                                I have trouble deciphering this. Dalph has never played 3x3 what's the connect? Why are you using 2 technically different sports to compare players? there's nothing similar about 3x3 and 5x5 besides the hoop and the basketball. Not gonna try to pretend the rest makes sense, pwede tagalog na lang?
                                Oh come on mamon, basketball may it 3x3 or 5v5 is same skills needed buti kung yun laro eh one on one, you see keisei tominaga played for Japan 3x3 in olympics, again Dalph is good player but its also true if youre good youre good..

Yeah I get teh factor of 3x3 a different setting in 5v5 pero is that big of a difference? And buti kung 3 on 3 lang point ko even in his 5v5 exposure despite being benched, saved us from deflating our confidence when he was unleashed in Clark, did you know that when teams(buti kung sila lang sometimes its our own doing) started to shut down RJ, whats the record of Gilas then?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information