This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    mvp has retired fom pldt and will soon retire from first asia pacific. as he gets older, his interest in international basketball will wane.

maybe after 2023, maybe after 2027.

but once his influence in first pacific wanes, d budget will no longer be there even if his disciples remain in pldt etc.

its d likes of romero that will take over when it happens.
    Yes, that would be the best scenario. SBP planted the seeds of gilas and they are worthy of reaping the benefits. But them exclusively handling SBP, had cause so much struggle in our basketball landscape. It would have been better if Gilas would be handled by a neutral org apart from SMC and MVP.

The MVP group had used their marketing budget to finance Gilas. It wasnt really just a good deed for them. They been reaping all the good reps all these time. As a governing body, it would been best that they include everyone in it so that everyone supports the national cause. Unfortunately, they been pirating players from those who lend players in both senior and youth NTs.

They lost their moral ascendancy to govern a suppose neutral body. I am hoping for a change in management soon.

Comment

• The most realistic neutrality as regards to NT is the SBP creating a LARGE pool of players for the NT from the UAAP/NCAA, and the illegalization of the "anti draft dodging"

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Of course, I meant, when they decide to finish their college eligibility. I hope they go overseas first chance they get, and if they do, hopefully they get long-term deals which offer job security even with a ban threat.

Why the hell did the PBA institute that rule? Honestly, that's really shortsighted. They can get more stars na talagang pang-Pilipinas lang.

This is why I'm hoping the next local pro league will be more anti PBA,a flexible season,a more balance teams,willing to let players play overseas with a buyout of their contract and can comeback anytime.The PBA is way over its head thinking that they're some kind of a tyrant entity that can dictate.

Comment

• Toromans, wish

Thirdy, a 4 -- AJ
          Combo guard , Kiefer/Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
            Toromans, wish

Thirdy, a 4 -- AJ
            Combo guard , Kiefer/Clarkson
            Is there a possibility that sbp could get clarkson’s services to play in fiba asia cup?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
              Is there a possibility that sbp could get clarkson’s services to play in fiba asia cup?
              Don't think so ,also not Aj , was referring to 2023 or next year

Comment

• For Asia cup

I think it's thirdy, Matt and Suerte

But I'd like Lopez to be their in lieu of Geo.. I think that provides us a active body and versatility.
                With multiple games, energy level is important. And Lopez has it

Comment

For Asia cup

I think it's thirdy, Matt and Suerte

But I'd like Lopez to be their in lieu of Geo.. I think that provides us a active body and versatility.
                  With multiple games, energy level is important. And Lopez has it
                  if lopez will replace geo, and assuming matt will replace one between sj and rj, and rey is in for mike nieto, whom from among d OQT 12 would thirdy replace then?

Comment

if lopez will replace geo, and assuming matt will replace one between sj and rj, and rey is in for mike nieto, whom from among d OQT 12 would thirdy replace then?
                    Mike , (yes may be a big move), but I feel as 2023 is the goal, and we have limited time with those not in special draft or currently Ateneo UAAP. For the Asia cup I would like to give those who we have limited borrowed time as much exposure to Tab and FIBA. It's also between RJ and SJ, I would have Matt if healthy replace SJ.

Also by adding Thridy, it relieves the pressure from Dwight to play some SG , and he can help quarterback more

Oops in this scenario no.more suerte. Originally I had Suerte for Geo.. but with thirdy and Matt added, I feel another SG is redundant..so just me get an active body like Lopez, also in the context of the weaker Asian teams , Lopez can help inside..

Of course this is just my preference alone
                    Last edited by DAdmiral; 07-03-2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Mike , (yes may be a big move), but I feel as 2023 is the goal, and we have limited time with those not in special draft or currently Ateneo UAAP. For the Asia cup I would like to give those who we have limited borrowed time as much exposure to Tab and FIBA. It's also between RJ and SJ, I would have Matt if healthy replace SJ.

Also by adding Thridy, it relieves the pressure from Dwight to play some SG , and he can help quarterback more

Oops in this scenario no.more suerte. Originally I had Suerte for Geo.. but with thirdy and Matt added, I feel another SG is redundant..so just me get an active body like Lopez, also in the context of the weaker Asian teams , Lopez can help inside..

How about Kobe Paras? any possibility that he may be called back in time for Fiba Asia cup? TIA

Comment

for 2023, i can see lopez in d final 12 (still a long shot for me but still).

but for d asia cup, with no clarkson, another sniper like suerte is critical.

Comment

Don't think so ,also not Aj , was referring to 2023 or next year
                          Gilas might get Aj and Clarkson for next year's Asian Games,that would be a preview of what is the final form of the team that Tab wants for 2023.

Comment

Thirdy in, Mike Nieto out.

I'll leave out Suerte.

BTW, di ba its not yet certain that Kai would play in the Asia Cup?
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                              How about Kobe Paras? any possibility that he may be called back in time for Fiba Asia cup? TIA
                              Who do we leave out for Kobe?

I won't cut Navarro for Kobe. Navarro's numbers may not be impressive in the stats sheet but he is the team's "Mr. Intangible"
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Who do we leave out for Kobe?

I won't cut Navarro for Kobe. Navarro's numbers may not be impressive in the stats sheet but he is the team's "Mr. Intangible"

I'll take Kobe over Navarro on this one,they need more offense at any given point and Kobe will be highly motivated to show his improvement and he's not bad on defense,if anything his blocks looks disrespecting enough to disuade a player to drive within his area of defense.This time also he gets to play at 3 and possible even 2 is some plays if Tab wants to go really big.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information