Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia is very serious about their basketball. If we continue to be in the Reyes pathway, don't be surprised of they rank higher than us in 2023.

Thr Xzaveirro guy got in Div 1

Meanwhile, the Philippines has yet to send someone to train in the US. It's always us finding who we can somewhat "import"

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      Gilas needs Ginebra's fan base, so that the WC attendance will be jampack by NSD fans.... hhehehehehehehe... Then Gilas should pick Scottie, so that the latter prove that his PBA MVP award to him is not a fluke...
      I think Scottie is effective in the PBA but not in international games (beyond SEA)

Comment

Gilas needs Ginebra's fan base, so that the WC attendance will be jampack by NSD fans.... hhehehehehehehe... Then Gilas should pick Scottie, so that the latter prove that his PBA MVP award to him is not a fluke...
        Hybrid PBA/Non-PBA Roster ( 6:6 ratio)

Iskati - SMC
        CJ - SMC
        Japeth - SMC
        JMF - SMC

Kiefer - SBP / MVP
        Ramos - SBP / MVP
        Oftana - MVP
        Pogoy - MVP

Tamayo - Indie / UAAP
        Baltazar - Indie / Delta Force

Kai - NBA (yes!)
        JC - NBA

Aternates:
        Bolick - SMC
        Troy - MVP
        Last edited by Dotch; 06-21-2022, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• that's why i'm enjoying these Gilas young core games tuneups against SoKor, then this upcoming window June 30 and July 3. we're not sure who SBP is sending for Asia Cup, so enjoy the ride now.

the mere fact that many of the talents of the young core are now playing abroad justifies the fact that we have "talent", we just classify it as young because of archaic HS->UAAP/NCAA->PBA turnover system. we are affixed to old ways that it is always PBA players who can challenge at the FIBA Men's level. fans now know that it is not the case.

any PBA plans even with Cone at the helm is a step back. prepare for a winless campaign in WC2023. i hope Cone is up to the task since he is not a 'exclusively triangle' guy anymore to infuse more FIBA way of playing in his system.

btw, good for RJ, SJ, Navarro (if true, contract with SBP might be expiring soon) to be going to KBL now, as they are the most unlikely to be called up for this upcoming WC2023 SMC takeover. maybe we right the ship and all the international league guys play for us in WC2027 (Kai, Dwight, Thirdy, Balti, SJ, RJ, Navarro batch). we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
            prepare for a winless campaign in WC2023
            A winless campaign in 2023 at home? Hmm, I wonder when was the last time that happened.

Perhaps we need another Paranaque Jets moment, because losing the SEA crown to Indonesia doesn't seem to be doing enough.

For now, I will be eating popcorn as I watch this clownshow of a 2023 WC campaign.
            Originally posted by gideon
            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
              A winless campaign in 2023 at home? Hmm, I wonder when was the last time that happened.
              PHL was automatically qualified in the SEMIs without playing a game in the qualifiers. LOL. Good thing its not a knockout game, but a round-robin semis setup, where we played the other top 7 teams and lost them all.

The NT was composed of amateurs from college / commercial leagyues.

I wonder if the results would be the same if the top pros in the PBA played in that WC?

1977 Mythical PHL NT:
              g - Jawo
              g - Co
              f - Adornado
              f - Fernandez
              c - Guidaben

f/c - King
              f/c - Cesar
              g- Fabiosa
              g - Arnaiz
              f/c - Paner
              f- Hubalde
              f - Papa
              Last edited by Dotch; 06-21-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
                that's why i'm enjoying these Gilas young core games tuneups against SoKor, then this upcoming window June 30 and July 3. we're not sure who SBP is sending for Asia Cup, so enjoy the ride now.
                I'll enjoy rosterbating with you guys these upcoming weeks. That's the only happiness I can derive from our NT anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                  Well, there you have it. Presenting the PB-ey national team:

Romeo, Bolick, Perez, Kiefer, Oftana, Erram, Aguilar, Fajardo, plus the token outsiders Dwight Ramos, Rhenz Abando, and Carl Tamayo who are allowed to join the team as a symbolic gesture of unity.
                  NP - Jordan Clarkson

Coached by the best coach in the solar system
                  actually this team could be decent if it will be given a yr of training with a foreign coach (tab or nenad) and exposure to a lot of intl games But PBA wont allow that. This team will be defeated by SKor and be humiliated by Italy, Serbia, Slovenia or basically any team that can shoot the 3..

t*** **a

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                    See! No way PBA will be on the sidelines come WC time 2023. They are positioning themselves and are projecting a SOLID front: SMC-MVP partnership to then max na ito!

PBA be like: You can put all BLeague and KBL guys in the Asia Cup but World Cup is our "showcase" lol.
                    i hope that it will not backfire on them.
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                      actually this team could be decent if it will be given a yr of training with a foreign coach (tab or nenad) and exposure to a lot of intl games But PBA wont allow that. This team will be defeated by SKor and be humiliated by Italy, Serbia, Slovenia or basically any team that can shoot the 3..

t*** **a
                      The reality is there's not much we can do, seeing that the PBA is not going anywhere and will move heaven and earth to be represented in the WC especially in the coaching department.

If I had my way, of course I wouldn't get any of the PBA players and coaches for reasons we already know, but in the spirit of compromise I'd go so far as to accept the inclusion of 4 of them (players only) in the national team, but that's it. They're Bolick, Oftana, Kiefer, and if Clarkson is our NP, then Aguilar as the third big after Kai and Edu. HC- Nenad or Tab.

Then the NT will look something like:

Abarrientos, Bolick, Oftana, Kiefer, Abando, Dwight, Balatazar, Tamayo, Aguilar, Edu, Sotto, and Clarkson.

For comparison purposes, the NT final 12 that I want is: Abarrientos, Panopio, Parks, Heading, Abando, Dwight, Navarro, Baltazar, Tamayo, Edu or Kouame if allowed as a local, Sotto, and Clarkson. the size of the guards and the wings will negate the necessity for a third big. besides, baltazar and tamayo can fill that role in short stretches.

Comment

• PH basketball is losing its legacy coz of the MVP and SMC.

SBP is a whole "dome" mess.
                        sigpic

Comment

• in hindsight, there's a reason Nenad was named as a consultant first with Meralco, before being announced as headcoach for the just finished friendlies with SoKor and upcoming window. it's "optics" that PBA is involved.

okay fine let's get Tim Cone onboard, but it should still be Nenad over Tim Cone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artek View Post
                            Chot Reyes "comeback" happened. He has a habit of taking credit for the work that his predecessors worked hard for.

He replaced Toroman when we were starting to see some improvement with Gilas 1.0, only to be replaced by his TNT boys. Worked for a brief moment because we had bigs with outside shooting.

Replaced Baldwin when we were doing okay in 2015/2016. We really had a hard dive once Hontiveros, De Ocampo retired. Not even Castro can save the team

Now that we say good progress with the collegiates, he came in and dislodged Tab.

It's his karma that we did bad early this year and in the SEA games, but he's very dense
                            Ah the usual " can't wait to get a share of the spotlight" people. You get these types of people anywhere. Nobody is truly selfless nowadays

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                              Well, there you have it. Presenting the PB-ey national team:

Romeo, Bolick, Perez, Kiefer, Oftana, Erram, Aguilar, Fajardo, plus the token outsiders Dwight Ramos, Rhenz Abando, and Carl Tamayo who are allowed to join the team as a symbolic gesture of unity.
                              NP - Jordan Clarkson

Coached by the best coach in the solar system
                              Coached by the best choker in the solar system. Choke pa more!!!!
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I know that core who played in Korea friendlies will also play in FIBA Asia cup... PBA still thick of their elimination schedule and they are busy for that... The days between the 3rd window and FIBA Asia cup is only 9 days away (Gilas game in 3rd window vs India is July 3 while start of FIBA Asia cup is July 12)... So it's impossible that SBP will tap any PBA players, Chot for this.... I will worried if the continental tournament will start a month after that 3rd window... But it's good that the tournament will be days only ahead after the 3rd window...
                                yes, improbable for PBA/Chot for Asia Cup, but the Tim Cone announcement hints that they're cooking something we don't know for sure. let's see

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information