Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on, thus guys are in 30s and families and we forced someone to play in nt. I think knowing these guys may ut mvp or smc or college players, I think desire to play for nt was there..Imagine the bashing thirdy and kobe get everytime they play for nt..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
      I think the renewed clamor for Juan emanates from the collective frustrations with our current crop of guards. With Lopez we can afford to be patient because Dwight, Balti, and Tamayo are doing fine. Even Navarro and Ildefonso are showing some improvements.
      I'm willing to gamble on Suerte playing point at least for one game.

SJ and RJ had their chances. Unless they develop their court vision, I don't see them making the lineup if Kiefer, Bolick, and Dalph are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
        Balti and Tamayo can't defend the interior against polished veteran players, they'll get fouled out if they keep being assigned to the opposing bigs, giving me a lot of Rosario flashbacks
        At least Baltazar and Tamayo could contain the perimeter better. Troy's just a total defensive liability.

Well, to be fair, Baltazar and Tamayo did benefit from having Go, Chiu, and Kouame as teammates, so they're able to play the 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
          Gilas played the projected 5 that will give the best results -- Dwight, Thirdy, Heading, Tamayo, Ange -- and that still lost. The last 5 was SJ, Dwight, Balti, Heading and Ange and that still lost. FB Chat was calling it was a cooking show haha. It is what it is. Sometimes it's just a matter of making shots.

Dwight efficiency at PG is so low at this point, if we want to maximize him as a scorer he has to play WITH a PG and NOT as as PG. again, target is 2023.my assessment is: if only Tamayo made more shots, then maybe we could have been close or even win it.

also, i'd rather take chemistry than an all-star hugot PBA style. the goal is still 2023.
          Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Chemistry edi UP with ange o kunin ko richaun holmes na naturalized hehe
          Actually. I'd love that idea. UP's one of the most talented UAAP team currently, after La Salle and probably Ateneo. That team has a lot of potential, tapos dagdag pa GDLs. I hope Tamayo recommends some UP talents to Tab.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            At least Baltazar and Tamayo could contain the perimeter better. Troy's just a total defensive liability.

Well, to be fair, Baltazar and Tamayo did benefit from having Go, Chiu, and Kouame as teammates, so they're able to play the 3.
            and troy played sf under yeng's system. tab used him as a pf even vs france and NZ in 2016 and he made an impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
              2015. You had the brains of tab and the talents of romeo and castro. Result is they went all the way to the finals. And that didnt even take a year for pro players to master
              It took a 2-month break. No need for a year-long training period. Just a month or two is enough. What is unacceptable was the prep time before the 2019 WC, which was around 10 days, with some players playing right after the PBA Finals.

And in 2015, it was our defense that got us to the final. We held our opponents (including China) to sub-40% shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                It took a 2-month break. No need for a year-long training period. Just a month or two is enough. What is unacceptable was the prep time before the 2019 WC, which was around 10 days, with some players playing right after the PBA Finals.

And in 2015, it was our defense that got us to the final. We held our opponents (including China) to sub-40% shooting.
                and d 2016 team had training camp in greece.

ateno also trained in greece.

so we will go to greece

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                  What can Clarkson give us. Elite offense but he is not an elite defender. We need a world class rim protector and scorer like Blatch 2014 for a chance to advance in WC second round. Or else.we.will get killed both offense and defense in paint. Don't know if Koume can be that player or any of our locals.
                  We'll be forced to live and die by the 3, as shown by the games against the MENA teams in the King's Cup.

However, naturalizing a player who is a scorer AND a rim-protector? I only have this worry that this will bring back the asa sa import mentality in scoring.

I personally think Juan could be our top local scorer, even Kai. They might provide the world-class scoring in time.

Comment

• With Dwight Ramos struggling to play as point guard, I hope some people here realize how difficult it is for a natural wingman to transition into a point guard. Its not as simple as pag magaling ka mag dribble eh pwede ka na mag point guard. The idea of converting a natural wingman into a point guard is mainly to improve the size/height of the backcourt. But its not as easy as some people think, and in no better way this is being demonstrated than what is happening with Dwight Ramos in Gilas.

That is why I'm not really that optimistic about the idea of playing a CJ Perez as point guard with Gilas if ever he is allowed by his team to play for Gilas.

Players being converted to point guards need enough reps playing such role. How many times or how often did we see CJ Perez play as a point guard in his former team Terrafirma & current team San Miguel?
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      With Dwight Ramos struggling to play as point guard, I hope some people here realize how difficult it is for a natural wingman to transition into a point guard. Its not as simple as pag magaling ka mag dribble eh pwede ka na mag point guard. The idea of converting a natural wingman into a point guard is mainly to improve the size/height of the backcourt. But its not as easy as some people think, and in no better way this is being demonstrated than what is happening with Dwight Ramos in Gilas.

That is why I'm not really that optimistic about the idea of playing a CJ Perez as point guard with Gilas if ever he is allowed by his team to play for Gilas.

Players being converted to point guards need enough reps playing such role. How many times or how often did we see CJ Perez play as a point guard in his former team Terrafirma & current team San Miguel?
                      potentially though perez can shfit to a pg role better than ramos becos he is (1) quicker and more athletic and (2) plays better with d ball on his hands.

moreover, while ramos has good size at sg and adequate size at sf, perez is too small as sf ala abueva and thirdy and relatively small at sg on d world level.

Comment

With Dwight Ramos struggling to play as point guard, I hope some people here realize how difficult it is for a natural wingman to transition into a point guard. Its not as simple as pag magaling ka mag dribble eh pwede ka na mag point guard. The idea of converting a natural wingman into a point guard is mainly to improve the size/height of the backcourt. But its not as easy as some people think, and in no better way this is being demonstrated than what is happening with Dwight Ramos in Gilas.

Dave Ildefonso has a better chance of being converted into a point guard. He started younger, at least he'll have more reps. Like I said, he looked better against the MENA teams than against Thailand. Impressive, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                          potentially though perez can shfit to a pg role better than ramos becos he is (1) quicker and more athletic and (2) plays better with d ball on his hands.

moreover, while ramos has good size at sg and adequate size at sf, perez is too small as sf ala abueva and thirdy and relatively small at sg on d world level.
                          Again the lack of reps playing as a point guard will be a draw back for Perez playing the point for Gilas. As I've pointed out, Perez has hardly played as a point guard for both Terrafirma & San Miguel, and I think he hardly played as such during college. Besides, Perez is already 27 yrs old, so medyo late na talaga.

As what IPC had said in his recent post, implying that Deve Ildefonso has the better potential being converted into a PG becoz he's only 21.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Again the lack of reps playing as a point guard will be a draw back for Perez playing the point for Gilas. As I've pointed out, Perez has hardly played as a point guard for both Terrafirma & San Miguel, and I think he hardly played as such during college. Besides, Perez is already 27 yrs old, so medyo late na talaga.

As what IPC had said in his recent post, implying that Deve Ildefonso has the better potential being converted into a PG becoz he's only 21.
                            Wow I did not know that Dave was that young. I hope his transition along with Dwight will be successful but as always if it does not work they can always be a swingman.

Comment

i have said a hundred times that dave has d best shot to be converted as our big pg, over ramos and ravena.

perez does not need "to play pg" in d pba to be an effective pg with gilas. pg is about ballhandling and creating, two skills he is good at as he is already a playmaking wing. just don't expect him to be a tenorio, more like a romeo type of pg.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                                I hope we really improve and fast. If we can't beat a young Tunisa team in 2022. Will SBP do what Rajko experience and hasty ask for PBA reinforcements?
                                The PBA will have all the leverage. The SBP need to stick with the plan and succeed. We need to medal so that the SBP will have the leverage to request the PBA for more preparation time leading to big tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information