Page 335 of 350 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 6996

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. V

I just hope we will be seeing the last of Japeth Aguilar, Junmar Fajardo & Poy Erram (if ever these players make it to the final 12-man roster) in Gilas jerseys in the coming 2023 FIBA World Cup. These guys have served the national team well, but they're not getting any younger. Retiring our ageing national team players would mean giving opportunity to younger players to develop & harness their game, hence preparing them for near future international competitions.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I just hope we will be seeing the last of Japeth Aguilar, Junmar Fajardo & Poy Erram (if ever these players make it to the final 12-man roster) in Gilas jerseys in the coming 2023 FIBA World Cup. These guys have served the national team well, but they're not getting any younger. Retiring our ageing national team players would mean giving opportunity to younger players to develop & harness their game, hence preparing them for near future international competitions.
    I think Junmar and Japeth could have last Hurrah.

After that you have Kai, AJ , Tamayo, Baltazar to take over the Frontline. Might need another Center if AJ is not 100% healthy 2023 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I think Junmar and Japeth could have last Hurrah.

After that you have Kai, AJ , Tamayo, Baltazar to take over the Frontline. Might need another Center if AJ is not 100% healthy 2023 onwards
    btw Who's next in line (6'9 and up eligible) if Edu is not healthy enough while JF and Jap retire? only Geo Chiu?

Quote Originally Posted by carmelo7 View Post
    btw Who's next in line (6'9 and up eligible) if Edu is not healthy enough while JF and Jap retire? only Geo Chiu?
    Probably Mason if he grow taller. He is like 6'6 or 6'7 now.

Femi too if he can be as tall as his Kuya. Though, I want him to be a guard/forward

Konov a potential Stretch Big. Though I prefer him to be a wing.

There are some 6'7-6'8 Kids homegrowns as well. But they are all still raw like Demisana, Salvoro, RDO Jr, etc.

Guys, what do U think is the chance that Mason Amos gets to play in the Australian NBL pro league when he's done playing with Ateneo in the UAAP? Based on what I saw his game with Batang Gilas in this year's FIBA Asia U-18 Championships, I think he's very promising. He is no doubt the standout of Batang Gilas & his level of talent is obviously way above from that of his Batang Gilas teammates, especially his fellow big men.

I think playing in the NBL-Australia is going to maximize his skills development. Hope that in 3 years time, Mason decides to leave Ateneo & pursue a pro career in the NBL.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

He's already played NBL1, so from a trajectory standpoint definitely after 4 years college he will be NBL development player level. (And he's eligible as a local).

The issue is pay, a Filipino eligible player of Mason Amos level will definitely get paid more in the B league than the NBL

Note players like Dwight, Parks are definitely Asian SRP NBL level (like Baba ) but they won't be paid as much as they're getting in the B league

BTW teaser, someone "new " may be playing in Australia in the new year!

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    He's already played NBL1, so from a trajectory standpoint definitely after 4 years college he will be NBL development player level. (And he's eligible as a local).

The issue is pay, a Filipino eligible player of Mason Amos level will definitely get paid more in the B league than the NBL

Note players like Dwight, Parks are definitely Asian SRP NBL level (like Baba ) but they won't be paid as much as they're getting in the B league

Someone new? A new Gilas-eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Someone new? A new Gilas-eligible?
    No he's well known, just new to NBL., and yes eligible

let speculation begin! Im guessing Tuffin because he is your boy and he technically is new in Australia basketball scene.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Instead of Poy Erram, I would like to add Gabe Norwood as my wishlist in a Gilas jersey one last time, I hope he could be invited on the coming windows to gauge if he still had the tank to defend against Wael and Dar. Putting a 6'5 Norwood exclusively in the PG spot as a 12th guy would be a perfect compliment for a 6'5 JC this coming WC 2023.

No he's well known, just new to NBL., and yes eligible
    Might be Edu

Quote Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
    Might be Edu
    Its NewNew i think haha

Quote Originally Posted by joemarksforty View Post
    Its NewNew i think haha
    Might be Carl Tamayo
    Manifesting: Philippines top 5 in the FIBA World Rankings

ei Dave, who is Murphy Rodgers? is he related to Richie? and can he rep RP?
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
    Might be Edu
    Newsome ? Haha

It is nice to see our Usual Gilas Core or Gilas Usual Prospects are getting exposure in international leagues. Especially high level ones like:

JC - NBA

Kai - NBL Australia

AJ - US Ncaa

Then you have the Japan B league guys: Kiefer, Thirdy, Dwight, Parks.

Then Heading in Taiwan league

Tamayo might be able to play internationally too in the near future.

----

However JC and Kai are the only Gilas Eligible we have in our arsenal that are playing and exposed in a Top 10 or maybe Top 5 leagues in the world. (Nba is #1, idk about NBL Australia)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Heading is now playing in B-2 league in Japan.

Also worth mentioning are the Pinoy players playing as asian imports in Korea' KBL - RJ Abarrientos, Rhenz Abando & SJ Belangel.

Hope Tamayo also plays in the KBL. I heard Dave Ildefonso is being eyed by some KBL teams. I hope it pushes through..

As I always say, the more good Pinoy players in overseas leagues, the better for Philippine basketball.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Heading is now playing in B-2 league in Japan.

Also worth mentioning are the Pinoy players playing as asian imports in Korea' KBL - RJ Abarrientos, Rhenz Abando & SJ Belangel.

Hope Tamayo also plays in the KBL. I heard Dave Ildefonso is being eyed by some KBL teams. I hope it pushes through..

As I always say, the more good Pinoy players in overseas leagues, the better for Philippine basketball.
    Yup. Though I think some PBA Players still deserve consideration for Gilas spot for 2023 like Scottie, Perez, Malonzo, Ofrana, Navarro, etc.

But ofc the core will be the ones playing overseas

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yup. Though I think some PBA Players still deserve consideration for Gilas spot for 2023 like Scottie, Perez, Malonzo, Ofrana, Navarro, etc.

But ofc the core will be the ones playing overseas
    Yes of course. I like Perez, Malonzo, Iskati, Oftana, Bolick & Navarro playing for Gilas. But the issue would always be their availability. They will be available for the much awaited 2023 World Cup, but what about other FIBA tournaments & window qualifiers like the 2025 FIBA Asia Cup & its qualifying windows? Would these PBA superstars be available?

BTW, I think Navarro is KBL-bound. With the way he has been playing at Northport, most likely there would be a team or teams in the KBL who wud be interested in getting his services.

Page 335 of 350 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast